Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is President Trump Smarter than You?
Yes 17 28.33%
No 38 63.33%
We are equally smart 5 8.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 07:59 AM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
No.
But Trump is a lot luckier than I am and always has been.

I'm not particularly intelligent, but I know I could have done a lot more with the wealth and the opportunities Trump was given all his life than he's done.

Maybe he is smart. If so, he has sure squandered his intelligence on trifles.
Even his degeneracy is second-rate.

Um, what?

Off the top of my head ...

He's super wealthy.

Wrote a NY Times best seller.

Had a popular tv show that lasted 10+ seasons.

And the first time he runs for office, he becomes president of the United States.

Exactly how could you have topped that?

Old 08-13-2020, 08:13 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
If I had inherited as much money as Trump (more than $400 million) I would have invested it wisely instead of losing it in disastrous business deals and as a result I would be worth about 100 times what Trump is worth.

Then I would have done wise and beneficial things with the money for society such as creating an honest charitable organization (unlike Trump's crooked Trump Foundation which had to be shut down due to "a shocking pattern of illegality") and philanthropic institutions for education, medical research, care for sick children, etc.

As a result I would be generally respected and well regarded by society (unlike Trump who is detested by the majority of Americans) and would be happy and content with my accomplishments. I would be 100 times richer than Trump, more admired, respected, and liked, and about 1,000 times happier. So, yes. I'm about 1,000 times smarter than Trump.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:20 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
He can't do his job either so you're even.
Well, if it weren't for the fact that he IS doing his job, and fabulously so, you'd be right for once.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:24 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If you are a democrat it goes without saying !!!
What goes without saying? Clarify, please.

Is Donald Trump smarter than you are?

Or are democrats smarter than Trump?

Or is it only repubs who are smarter than Trump?

It's very doubtful that Trump is smarter than everyone else on this forum.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:27 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
If I had inherited as much money as Trump (more than $400 million) I would have invested it wisely instead of losing it in disastrous business deals and as a result I would be worth about 100 times what Trump is worth.

Then I would have done wise and beneficial things with the money for society such as creating an honest charitable organization (unlike Trump's crooked Trump Foundation which had to be shut down due to "a shocking pattern of illegality") and philanthropic institutions for education, medical research, care for sick children, etc.

As a result I would be generally respected and well regarded by society (unlike Trump who is detested by the majority of Americans) and would be happy and content with my accomplishments. I would be 100 times richer than Trump, more admired, respected, and liked, and about 1,000 times happier. So, yes. I'm about 1,000 times smarter than Trump.
Dream much?

Old 08-13-2020, 08:29 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
I think he is... that does not make him practical or pure of heart. I think his experience would beat mine in some areas due to his money and connections, but honestly, we have some of the greatest master minds,,,
in prison.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:31 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times
I'd say he's wily, but he's no genius.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:33 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
This is a great poll. Most other polls that are Trump vs anything - Trump wins here 65/35.

Is Trump doing a good job? 65/35.
Did Trump collude with Russia? 35/65
Are Democrats really Dimocrats? 65/35

This poll? A lot of these Trump supporters think Trump is not smarter than them and are ok with that.

Now, consider the average education level of a Trump supporter*** . They think Trump is dumber than that. And they are ok with it. These are the people controlling the country right now.

*** (various studies show Republicans have a lower education level than Democrats. Which is rather eye opening when you consider Republicans don't like spending money on education either.)

Old 08-13-2020, 08:36 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
He looks to have dementia, so most would be more intelligent, outside of his supporters.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:38 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,062 times
He is much better liar than me, least he can get away with some real whoppers that dwarf Jimmy Carters rabbit story. Much better at using people while they are useful to him and discarding them when finished.

Pretty dumb businessman, for all his deals, he could put his inherited money in a index mutual fund and been in about the same place financially. Course his ego would never admit that. He considers himself a genius though anybody listening to his lies just knows instinctively that the emperor has no clothes. Maybe has even less money than he inherited since he wont release financial records. Course being president and selling the presidency, he might have doubled his wealth in last 4 years.

Depends on your goals in life I guess. Yea he is pretty smart at being a demagogue sociopath. Not something I value, but guess his supporters do. Not good at actually running a country for benefit of all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies