Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2020, 02:54 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Yes, Biden and Harris are moderates.
Kamala Harris (found to be the most liberal person in the Senate) on the issues:

We need to get back into Iran nuclear deal. (Jun 2019)
https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Kam...ign_Policy.htm

• Don't use tariffs to pressure countries. (Jul 2019)
• Trade agreements should address climate change. (May 2019)
https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Kam...ent_Reform.htm

Mandatory buyback for 5 million assault weapons. (Oct 2019)
• Executive action on gun control if Congress won't do it. (Jun 2019)
• If Congress won't act on guns, I will, by executive action. (May 2019)
• If Congress won't pass gun laws, do it by executive action. (Apr 2019)
• No reason we have assault weapons in a civil society. (Jan 2019)
https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Kam...un_Control.htm

Slash the defense budget. (Jul 2019)
https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Kam...d_Security.htm

Raise the federal minimum wage to $15/hour.
https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Kamala_Harris_Jobs.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 02:55 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Yes, Biden and Harris are moderates.

The only reason they seem like far-left liberals to some people is because those people are far off the deep end of the right.
BS.

You also don't remember what a moderate democrat is like. The last democrat who understood was Bubba. He was a sleazy dog but he was the one who had a wall built on the San Diego/Tijuana border. That wall has drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings. He was the one who formed the Jordan Commission because he truly wanted to find good ways to deal with illegal immigration. If you don't know about the Jordan Commission, Google is your friend. They came up with great suggestions, yet the democrats ignored the whole report.

Today's dems put illegal aliens ahead of American citizens. They want open borders and want to give illegal aliens free health insurance at the expense of American citizens. Biden and Harris want that, too. If you think that's being "moderate", then either you are too young to remember what democrats once stood for or you're being willfully ignorant.

Old 08-13-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I fully understand people who say turn off the news. I've been saying it for months.

However, I find this article expressing the things I've been concerned about. It's written by a liberal although posters who don't like what he has to say will claim he's not a liberal. My preemptive response: Don't be stupid - look at his record.

https://jonathanturley.org/2020/08/0...social-unrest/
I'm familiar with Jonathan Turley and have read his articles and heard him speak on news shows. Thus, I found his take on Antifa quite interesting. It really is long past time to push back hard against Antifa.

Old 08-13-2020, 03:20 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
To everyone saying to OP to move out of the country if she doesn’t like it, let’s not do that. We‘re all Americans (even though we are polarized more than ever). But we don’t like it when they say it to us for supporting free speech, such as kneeling during the national anthem. Let’s not do it to them.

I know, Democrats are frustrated with the whole “when they go low, we go high”. I get frustrated with it too. That’s why we are such political losers sometimes, and so ineffective in our messaging compared to the other side.

To clarify, I cannot express how much I disagree with OP. But telling people to leave is never the answer.
I am sure we would disagree politically but I appreciate your post.

Old 08-13-2020, 03:22 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Go down to your local gun store and stock up, like the rest of us are doing.

Academy Sports (huge store) runs out of handgun ammo every single day, you have to get there when the truck comes early in the mornings.

Don't you worry about a thing. They have not won.
I did take a concealed carry class and apply for my CC. It is taking up to 4 months to get it now.

Old 08-13-2020, 03:23 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,836,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
This country is done. I am sorry but that's what I believe. They have control of the schools, the universities, the media and at some point, they will have the government again, whether now or in 2024. If they don't get what they want, they riot and loot, or are violent to people that disagree with them. They dox you, attack your character, try to ruin your career and your life. (And have succeeded).

Freedom of speech is no longer a thing. Police are being defunded. Just face it. They won.

What country are you moving too ?

Old 08-13-2020, 03:24 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You also don't remember what a moderate democrat is like..
Uhh, I'm in my mid-50's and remember plenty of democrats, thank you.

If Bill Clinton were president now he'd be proposing the same stuff Biden is.

Old 08-13-2020, 03:24 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
To everyone saying to OP to move out of the country if she doesn’t like it, let’s not do that. We‘re all Americans (even though we are polarized more than ever). But we don’t like it when they say it to us for supporting free speech, such as kneeling during the national anthem. Let’s not do it to them.

I know, Democrats are frustrated with the whole “when they go low, we go high”. I get frustrated with it too. That’s why we are such political losers sometimes, and so ineffective in our messaging compared to the other side.

To clarify, I cannot express how much I disagree with OP. But telling people to leave is never the answer.
I can appreciate the efforts to be fair minded and a tone of civility.

Old 08-13-2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Uhh, I'm in my mid-50's and remember plenty of democrats, thank you.

If Bill Clinton were president now he'd be proposing the same stuff Biden is.
Prove it.

Bubba tried to get his wife to take a moderate stand on the issues but she figuratively shot him down. Then she told him that she didn't want him campaigning with her anymore. She was also furious when he gave BLM a dressing down.

Old 08-13-2020, 03:32 PM

628 posts, read 209,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
This country is done. I am sorry but that's what I believe. They have control of the schools, the universities, the media and at some point, they will have the government again, whether now or in 2024. If they don't get what they want, they riot and loot, or are violent to people that disagree with them. They dox you, attack your character, try to ruin your career and your life. (And have succeeded).

Freedom of speech is no longer a thing. Police are being defunded. Just face it. They won.
Who is "they" exactly?

Calm down, Karen. The country will be fine. You've given up and you're giving in to conspiracy junk.

Take a deep breath. You'll be ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies