Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 08:05 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,052,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
This has to be explained to you? What race are the American people? You know that not all Chinese are the same, right?
And slavery is basically still legal in China today. Completely insane that that poster would even try to equate the two in any way.

Liberals are completely insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 08:07 AM

3,720 posts, read 1,418,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Last night my husband was telling me about a high level employee at his company who was an diversity hire. When she has a meeting, no one attends because it is a waste of time because she is so incompetent. They had to hire another person to actually DO her job. So she just sits home and collects a very large paycheck.
The diversity officer was the biggest expansion of wasteful human resources department we have seen in a while.

Old 08-14-2020, 09:18 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,088,246 times
Quote:
"If you don't vote Biden, you aint black!"
Meanwhile, that's one person's comments. I have years of examples of Republicans doing what I said. Try again x1,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
America and China are countries where products are produced giving jobs/income to citizens of that country which in turn helps the economy.

Black and white represent individuals of a particular race, both of whom contribute to the American economy. Singling out one over the other is racism.
Since countries are not a race and their economic well being benefits all citizens, singling out one over the other is actually patriotic.
Again... you guys are trading "racism" at the Chinese for "racism" at Whites. It doesn't matter if you want to defend it under patriotism or jingoism. There's NO difference between the two.

Quote:
This has to be explained to you? What race are the American people? You know that not all Chinese are the same, right?
Again... the same logic you're using to cry about racism applies to you crying about the Chinese. If it's fine for America to prioritize American vendors for the good of the American community, it's also fine for Black America to prioritize Black vendors for the good of the Black community.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:07 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,088,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
well...……………………….. yes it is.

Liberals are some of the most racist people I have ever encountered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Actually yes. It is. They are not saying it in so many words.... but their actions proves it. We are just surprised you can't see it too. But go ahead and belive what you want if that makes you feel better.
It's real transparent when you guys don't have an argument and have to resort to "nuh-uh. That's you guys."

Old 08-14-2020, 10:15 AM

36,076 posts, read 30,581,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post

Again... you guys are trading "racism" at the Chinese for "racism" at Whites. It doesn't matter if you want to defend it under patriotism or jingoism. There's NO difference between the two.

When people refer to Chinese they are referring to products made in China, not a race. See the difference. Buy American not Russian made products, is that racist. The product made in said country could be sold in a American business owned by a white person, a black person, an Asian person, an Indian person, etc.

If you say only buy those cheap made Chinese products from a black owned business or a white owned business, thats racist.

Its really not that had of a concept.

Old 08-14-2020, 02:21 PM

16,328 posts, read 8,420,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Are you cool with white people supporting only white businesses?
You apparently misread or misunderstood my post.

Just like us buying American to keep our money and resources here in America to increase jobs and our economic power, so too can minorities say "hey, instead of abandoning the community I grew up in now that I have some economic power, let me invest in my local community".

As I said in the post you replied to, investing in your local community is different than boycotting or refusing to patronize businesses based on the skin color of the owner.

`

Old 08-14-2020, 02:37 PM

12,907 posts, read 13,581,296 times
Only if buying girl scout cookies is ageism. "Don't buy a cheaper, fresher, better quality product at the locally owned bakery because they are run by people who are too old."

Old 08-19-2020, 06:15 AM

2,170 posts, read 1,936,733 times
Quote:
You're replacing "racism" at Whites for "racism" at the Chinese. It doesn't matter if you think it's beneficial to America.
You don't understand economics so instead you call it racism.

Old 08-19-2020, 06:26 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,496,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Touchê
I think you don't know what that word means.

Applying it to an embarrassingly inane "point" is not how it is used.

Old 08-19-2020, 07:39 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,764,128 times
Quote:
What group of people call 90% of Black voters stupid slaves who just do what White people tell them to do bc they can't think for themselves? It's not Liberals...
What group is dependent on government to run their lives for them? It's not conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies