Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 10:05 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BereniceUK View Post
So that's why so many Americans have been dying from covid-19. All this time craPOTUS has been concentrating on the Middle East.
It's the job of each states guv'nors to take care of covid 19. That's how it's suppossed to work in this country.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:51 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Again, not a peace deal. Again, still good - just not earth-shattering despite what some Trump sycophants would have you believe.

None of the POTUS Trump sycophants read the fine print.

All this is is an agreement to establish a diplomatic relationship, maybe.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:09 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
None of the POTUS Trump sycophants read the fine print.

All this is is an agreement to establish a diplomatic relationship, maybe.
I guess Biden's a Trump sycophant:

“Today, Israel and the United Arab Emirates have taken a historic step to bridge the deep divides of the Middle East. The UAE’s offer to publicly recognize the State of Israel is a welcome, brave, and badly-needed act of statesmanship. And it is a critical recognition that Israel is a vibrant, integral part of the Middle East that is here to stay. Israel can and will be a valued strategic and economic partner to all who welcome it,” Biden said in a statement.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ts-of-multiple

He couldn't bring himself to credit Trump, but at least doesn't downplay the importance of this agreement.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:52 AM
bu2

24,102 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

“Today, Israel and the United Arab Emirates have taken a historic step to bridge the deep divides of the Middle East. The UAE’s offer to publicly recognize the State of Israel is a welcome, brave, and badly-needed act of statesmanship. And it is a critical recognition that Israel is a vibrant, integral part of the Middle East that is here to stay. Israel can and will be a valued strategic and economic partner to all who welcome it,” Biden said in a statement.

He couldn't bring himself to credit Trump, but at least doesn't downplay the importance of this agreement.

He's trying to take credit for it. The leftists on here must not have been distributed their talking points yet. You people need to sign into Reddit or whereever you get your talking points. You are slipping.

Old 08-14-2020, 12:02 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

Of course he is - he's pumping up the tires for much the same reason Trump is, to make his life easier in the future should he win in Nov.

Doesn't change reality. I'll take a historian's analysis of this over a politician's.

It's a good thing, as I've said. I'm glad it happened. Does it, by itself, drastically alter the geopolitical landscape in the ME? Nope. Could it be the "first domino to fall" that does lead to a noticeable change in that landscape? Yeah, it could.

Old 08-14-2020, 01:05 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Of course he is - he's pumping up the tires for much the same reason Trump is, to make his life easier in the future should he win in Nov.

Doesn't change reality. I'll take a historian's analysis of this over a politician's.

It's a good thing, as I've said. I'm glad it happened. Does it, by itself, drastically alter the geopolitical landscape in the ME? Nope. Could it be the "first domino to fall" that does lead to a noticeable change in that landscape? Yeah, it could.

Old 08-14-2020, 01:19 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
The palestinians are taking the news pretty hard - the Resistance™ are taking it even harder.

Old 08-14-2020, 04:47 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I don’t seem to remember the UAE ever doing much aggression towards Israel. It’s a tiny country. Holler when a country that matters signs up.
There wasn’t any direct aggression from the UAE towards Israel. The UAE simply boycotted Israel and enforced a travel ban on the country. Those who had an Israeli stamp in their passports were barred from entering the country (not sure if that had already changed in the last few years, but I remember it being a big thing for a long time). When I last went to the UAE in 2007, it was still in effect.

Old 08-14-2020, 04:57 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
The TDS is strong on this thread. Pathetic.

Old 08-14-2020, 04:58 PM

2,264 posts, read 972,175 times
One step closer to the gas chambers for those five million human beings awaiting an emancipation which never comes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies