Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 10:14 AM

1,742 posts, read 959,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Might as well make a peace agreement with Nigeria or some other distant nation they have never been at war with and then call it a HUGE deal.
Regardless of how you feel about Trump, your statement indicates a complete ignorance of Middle East geopolitics.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:16 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That's true !!!

The left has claimed everything has to be about the China virus or its a distraction !!!

It's doubtful they will make an exception for world peace !!! All they care about is destruction so they can "Build Back Better" and better to them is the one party communist model !!!

Well, personally, I'll choose the US government making fighting for the welfare of Americans and America a priority over other people/nations every time. No where does the Constitution task us with being the world's police or referee.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:18 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Winning!

Old 08-13-2020, 10:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
Regardless of how you feel about Trump, your statement indicates a complete ignorance of Middle East geopolitics.
I didn't say anything about Trump, and I am quite familiar with ME issues (I have actually lived there), but thanks for stopping by to make a port which brings nothing to the table.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:21 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
This is a good thing.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:23 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, personally, I'll choose the US government making fighting for the welfare of Americans and America a priority over other people/nations every time. No where does the Constitution task us with being the world's police or referee.
You fight for welfare !!!

I fight for continued independence of the individual !!!

National issues but this thread is about world peace and that effects the US b/c we are part of that world !!!

Did you know that ?

Old 08-13-2020, 10:37 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
The UAE has no meaning for world peace. They are all about money, never cared about the Palestinians or other Muslims that don't happen to live in rich oil countries. Rich Arabs would sell their mothers, they are all about money.

When there is a peace agreement between Palestine and Israel, tell me...
And I am not talking about Trump's criminal Middle East plan, which constitutes theft and a severe violation of international rights.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:38 AM

1,742 posts, read 959,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I didn't say anything about Trump, and I am quite familiar with ME issues (I have actually lived there), but thanks for stopping by to make a port which brings nothing to the table.
Then you should understand that the UAE being only the third Arab country to establish diplomatic relations with Israel, and the first since 1994, is in fact big news.

You don’t need to mention Trump. Your posts make clear your hatred for him ( which is fine by me). My objection is your inability to acknowledge that this is indeed a positive development. I opposed George W Bush. I thought he was a terrible president, and still think that way. But he had two policy initiatives which were very positive and for which I give him credit: His program to help Africa fight HIV/AIDS, and his rapprochement with India and strengthening India-US ties.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:39 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The UAE has no meaning for world peace. They are all about money, never cared about the Palestinians or other Muslims that don't happen to live in rich oil countries. Rich Arabs would sell their mothers, they are all about money.

When there is a peace agreement between Palestine and Israel, tell me...
I'm wondering if you will be the last to know !!!
Is it possible for anyone to tell the "highly educated" something they don't already know ?

Old 08-13-2020, 10:43 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Would you say that a President should.... "Put America First!?!"

Ive got bad news for you then, if you're going to be jumping on board the Democrats' plan to bring things back to the Obama era of globalization, free China trade and interventionalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies