Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2020, 05:24 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,739,985 times

Advertisements

Has anyone considered those in rural areas or vets that get their meds through the mail?

This is awful to do & yes Trump is using it as a political point holding out until the dems give him what he wants. This has never been done by a president before & it should show his supporters (many who do live in rural areas) that he truly doesn't care about anything except winning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2020, 05:49 AM

912 posts, read 884,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Has anyone considered those in rural areas or vets that get their meds through the mail?

This is awful to do & yes Trump is using it as a political point holding out until the dems give him what he wants. This has never been done by a president before & it should show his supporters (many who do live in rural areas) that he truly doesn't care about anything except winning.
This is a desperate move by a desperate man. I think we can expect to see more moves like this as he becomes even more desperate. Just wait until he starts trying to make deals with foreign leaders to aid in his re-election bid. All things american will be for sale to the highest bidder.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:57 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
This is a desperate move by a desperate man. I think we can expect to see more moves like this as he becomes even more desperate. Just wait until he starts trying to make deals with foreign leaders to aid in his re-election bid. All things american will be for sale to the highest bidder.
It is not just Trump. This is just the latest and one of the most egregious efforts by Republicans to hold on to power by trampling on democracy. Do you hear a peep from any of them about what Trump is up to? They don't give a damn about veterans and rural Americans who are being hurt by Trump's attack on the post office. The only calculus is staying in power so they can keep the money train that has been transferring wealth to the wealthy ever since Reagan running on time.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:08 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This post office story is nuts. We’re watching Trump intentionally destroy the post office in real time after admitting his motive for doing so.

There are stories all over the internet about sick people not getting their meds, old people not getting their pills, unemployed not getting their checks, etc etc. The USPS is how over 1,000,000 U.S. military service men and women will vote from out of state.

All because Trump is INTENTIONALLY trying to sabotage the postal service to help him win the election.

Anyone who still supports this fat orange turd should be ashamed. Trump is literally trying to undermine democracy by making it as hard as possible for people to vote by mail during a pandemic.
They've been destroying themselves for a very long time. Long before Trump.

Unions, their failure to rein in costs, and the ability to take unlimited money from the general fund has created a government entity that should be ended.

Just compare UPS, FedEx and the USPS, and you can see why USPS isn't working. Unlike USPS, UPS and FedEx don't clock out after 8 hours, are expected to provide timely deliveries and can be fired if they screw up.

Whenever I see a UPS or FedEx driver they are ALWAYS hustling. Always. I go to the PO for my job every single day, and we refer to the employees as sloths. They walk at a crawl, they take forever to finish a transaction, and they disappear "into the back" for long stretches of time constantly.

On two occasions this past week, I walked into the lobby where there were at least 15 people in line. There were no employees at the counter. None. After 5 minutes (a LONG time in retail) one employee eventually made it back to the counter, then spent another 5 minutes looking for commemorative stamps. Which the customer didn't end up buying. Anecdotal, but not an uncommon occurrence at the PO. Adding cutsie cards and gift bags to their products was a recent attempt to increase revenue. Seriously, improve your service and become more efficient. That's the only thing that will save the USPS.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is not just Trump. This is just the latest and one of the most egregious efforts by Republicans to hold on to power by trampling on democracy. Do you hear a peep from any of them about what Trump is up to? They don't give a damn about veterans and rural Americans who are being hurt by Trump's attack on the post office. The only calculus is staying in power so they can keep the money train that has been transferring wealth to the wealthy ever since Reagan running on time.
This absolutely the truth. Somebody wiser than me said it best.

"Trump is a c o n m a n . If you can't see that then you are the mark!"

Old 08-15-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
This absolutely the truth. Somebody wiser than me said it best.

"Trump is a c o n m a n . If you can't see that then you are the mark!"
Jeez, why in the world is the word c o n man blocked? The only way to get it to write is with spaces.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:25 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post

And the democrats are trying to use mail in voting to commit fraud. Trump is doing what's best for America and Americans. If you can go shop, go to church, go out and do ANYTHING then you can go vote IN PERSON.
And what about those with comprised immune systems? Are you trying to imply that unless Trump wins that then it was rigged? Or some where out there they are Biden supporters sitting in a circle mailing up in fake ballots? Sounds like conservatives are more then worried about Trump losing more then they would like to admit.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:37 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
WaPo published USPS data showing at least 671 USPS mail sorting machines have been removed across the country since June. This represents a reduction in national mail sorting capacity of 21.4 million pieces of mail per hour.
Attached Thumbnails
Trump admits his war on the USPS is an effort to restrict voting rights.-usps_sorting.jpg  

Old 08-15-2020, 06:42 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
They've been destroying themselves for a very long time. Long before Trump.

Unions, their failure to rein in costs, and the ability to take unlimited money from the general fund has created a government entity that should be ended.

Just compare UPS, FedEx and the USPS, and you can see why USPS isn't working. Unlike USPS, UPS and FedEx don't clock out after 8 hours, are expected to provide timely deliveries and can be fired if they screw up.

Whenever I see a UPS or FedEx driver they are ALWAYS hustling. Always. I go to the PO for my job every single day, and we refer to the employees as sloths. They walk at a crawl, they take forever to finish a transaction, and they disappear "into the back" for long stretches of time constantly.

On two occasions this past week, I walked into the lobby where there were at least 15 people in line. There were no employees at the counter. None. After 5 minutes (a LONG time in retail) one employee eventually made it back to the counter, then spent another 5 minutes looking for commemorative stamps. Which the customer didn't end up buying. Anecdotal, but not an uncommon occurrence at the PO. Adding cutsie cards and gift bags to their products was a recent attempt to increase revenue. Seriously, improve your service and become more efficient. That's the only thing that will save the USPS.
It’d help if you you knew what you were talking about.

The USPS has financial issues because of a GOP bill under Bush jr that required it to forward fund decades of health benefits.

No other government agency has to do that.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:57 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Well, history has said otherwise, and there is no proof. In fact all facts lead to the contrary, so can you point me to your source?

If you do any research, you would see how impossible widespread fraud by mail would be.

I gave a quote from the POTUS saying he is trying to defund the USPS specifically to suppress votes. That is PROOF.

Where are your quotes that D's are trying to use mail-in voting for fraud. Where is your proof that it's ever happened on any scale? Where is your proof that it's even possible?

Trump and R's are also shutting down polling stations that don't favor them (FACT)
R's have been caught gerrymandering "with laser precision" (FACT)
More modern cases of voter fraud have been committed by R's than D's (FACT)

Trump himself uses mail-in voting (FACT)
I recieved a brochure (by USPS, LMAO) yesteday with him touting absentee voting (a form of mail in voting).

Where's your proof? Not your accusations, PROOF.
I have proof that the mail-in primaries are s--t shows with mail in ballots.

How do you ascertain each ballot is authentic? Because it has some BS unreadable signature on it? Please.

And finally, if you can carry your own arse to the grocery store, liquor store, bus stop, convenience store, and any fast food drive through window still open in America, you can get to a polling station and vote. If people are too lazy and apathetic to vote on one of the many days they have to get it done, that's on them. They really don't care all that much so leftists want these people to be provided a "default vote for other leftists"

The left can't win without cheating. I'm not going to support it. And leftist morons can just pound sand.

I'm starting to think it's time for everybody to quit playing by the rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies