Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2020, 07:26 PM

1,154 posts, read 366,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
That is a lie.

We have seen several attempts to fabricate smear and slander campaigns in an effort to and ruin Supreme Court nominees going back to the Reagan administration. The first was Judge Bork. The second was Justice Thomas. The third was Justice Kavanaugh.

If there have been any others that I am forgetting, please remind me.

As you know very well, all three of these despicable character assassination campaigns were crafted by Democrats. Never have the Republicans instigated any such attack. And the Kavanaugh episode was positively surreal, because it was based on zero corroborated evidence, although the people that Blasey Ford stated would corroborate it, did exactly the opposite and said it did not happen to the best of their knowledge.

Only the Democrat left supports this kind of aggressively and unconscionably nasty behavior. It really was the most despicable political act conducted in the Senate in US history, as far as I am aware.

Just because Democrat leftists are entirely unprincipled and perfectly pleased to conduct themselves in such a maliciously evil manner, it does not follow that this is normal behavior for anybody else.

Only you guys do and support behavior like this. Only you.
Only you guys? To what group do I supposedly belong? Have you jumped to the conclusion that I am a card-carrying Democrat? Oops. You would be wrong. I am voting for the Democratic ticket in this election because the GOP has not provided an even vaguely palatable candidate, and I cannot stomach the idea of four more years of the incompetent Trump administration. As Trump (and Bill Clinton) are fond of saying, “It is what it is.”

Last edited by abbottkd71; 08-13-2020 at 07:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 07:40 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,514,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottkd71 View Post
Only you guys? To what group do I supposedly belong? Have you jumped to the conclusion that I am a card-carrying Democrat? Oops. You would be wrong.
It does not matter what groups or labels you choose to identify yourself by. Save that kind of semantic foolishness for someone else. I am not going to play along.

The people who support and defend this kind of maliciously nasty, unprincipled, evil behavior. Which you have demonstrated here in this thread that you do.

Only you people do and support behavior like this. Not your political adversaries. Only you.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:47 PM

1,154 posts, read 366,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It does not matter what groups or labels you choose to identify yourself by. Save that kind of semantic foolishness for someone else. I am not going to play along.

The people who support and defend this kind of maliciously nasty, unprincipled, evil behavior. Which you have demonstrated here in this thread that you do.

Only you people do and support behavior like this. Not your political adversaries. Only you.
Baloney, but we’re not going anywhere new with this discussion, so I’m bowing out. Be my guest and have the last word.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:47 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,427,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
I want to frame that photo of Kavanaugh in tears. That guy was having the worst doggone damn day.
Says more about you than about him. Maybe one day you'll be accused falsely and remember your post.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:52 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,427,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
The unhinged part is all on the right. Do you listen to yourself?
Harris is coming for your primadonna president and his lickspittle lapdog. You are all sputtering and crying without any defense. You know Trump's days are numbered. He has been his own worst enemy. He has wasted almost four years and we are much worse off now than when he was sworn in. We are approaching 200,000 deaths and at the current rate we will be at 300k by election day. The election is in 81 days and 8 hours away.

Harris will be the official President of the Senate...the Democratic Senate. Moscow Mitch should hope that he loses the election. He has squandered the best years of his career, wasted all that election money, to be forever branded as Trump's Toady.
He wasted almost four years? You mean with the Russian bullsh!t that turned into a big nothing burger? Is Moooler still coming?

Don't forget that America is watching Democrat-sanctioned riots and police murders tearing through the cities; they are watching Democrat officials refuse to prosecute those who are looting, burning and killing. They are watching the continual threats, harassment and assaults from domestic terrorists.

You think no one is noticing???

Old 08-13-2020, 07:58 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
He wasted almost four years? You mean with the Russian bullsh!t that turned into a big nothing burger? Is Moooler still coming?

Don't forget that America is watching Democrat-sanctioned riots and police murders tearing through the cities; they are watching Democrat officials refuse to prosecute those who are looting, burning and killing. They are watching the continual threats, harassment and assaults from domestic terrorists.

You think no one is noticing???
Most of America won’t actualize the tandem of both feeling the way you do about the bolded and doing anything about it.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:01 PM

16,070 posts, read 10,729,796 times
All this crying about Kavanaugh. You wing nuts would put Alex Jones and Steve Bannon on the Supreme Court if you could get away with it. Kavanaugh is a buffoon and behaved like it and deserved a hard time. His crying only underscored how privileged he felt he was.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:11 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottkd71 View Post
And why did you think that? Let’s be clear: Republicans would have jumped on it if Blasey-Ford had accused a Democrat. Don’t think for one second that’s it’s not the case. And they should have. Kavanaugh was being considered for a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.
Republicans never do that. Name one time they ever brought false allegations against a nominee. Republicans don’t have the media backing them and covering for them all the time so they generally object to opinions the nominees have published or rulings they can dissect. The things that actually matter.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:18 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,514,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Most of America won’t actualize the tandem of both feeling the way you do about the bolded and doing anything about it.
Are you a human being? If so, what kind of thinking is that? It does not look human to me.

How could a human being witness such depravity and malicious evil and not be willing to do something about it, especially when doing something means voting against the people who are clearly supporting, enabling and leading this kind of horrendous behavior?

Old 08-13-2020, 08:25 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
Let's be honest. The left used Ford as a weapon. It was never about concern for women, or Ford. It was about blocking Kavanaugh. That is all it was about. They delayed releasing the accusations, the delayed not to gather evidence, or for the sake of the alleged victim, they delayed because of time.

The left tarred and feathered every single Clinton accuser. The left has defended Biden. Harris who at first believed Biden's accuser is now his best buddy. The difference of course is that Biden's accuser has witnesses who back her story, she has a time line that is credible, and she is a democrat.

Why believe Ford and not her? The left has no moral high ground here. They lost that with Bill Clinton. They lost it again when they defend Biden's hair sniffing and groping.

Be honest.. How many would be ok with an old man sniffing their teen daughter's hair? Forcing hugs? Groping? My daughters are in their 30's and I still would not be ok with it. Of course if some perv tried that crap with them, the perv would get a punch in the throat, by my daughters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies