Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 01:31 PM

18,716 posts, read 7,595,563 times

Advertisements

We need to get back into Iran nuclear deal. (Jun 2019)
https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Kam...ign_Policy.htm

• Don't use tariffs to pressure countries. (Jul 2019)
• Trade agreements should address climate change. (May 2019)
• https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Kam...ent_Reform.htm

Mandatory buyback for 5 million assault weapons. (Oct 2019)
• Executive action on gun control if Congress won't do it. (Jun 2019)
• If Congress won't act on guns, I will, by executive action. (May 2019)
• If Congress won't pass gun laws, do it by executive action. (Apr 2019)
• No reason we have assault weapons in a civil society. (Jan 2019)
https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Kam...un_Control.htm

Slash the defense budget. (Jul 2019)
https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Kam...d_Security.htm

Raise the federal minimum wage to $15/hour.
https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Kamala_Harris_Jobs.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Harris is allegedly more "liberal" than Sanders or Warren?

FOH with that nonsense....
TRANSLATION: I can't refute it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueguy58 View Post
She is no way more liberal than Sanders and Warren
TRANSLATION: Me neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Yeah only a idiot would believe that Harris is further left than Sanders or Warren.
TRANSLATION: Neither can I. So instead of trying to prove otherwise, I'll simply call names at anyone who disagrees with me.

Old 08-13-2020, 01:51 PM

Kamala Harris found to be most liberal person in the Senate. How on earth can the Dem fanatics claim she's a "moderate"?

BTW, the most common definition of "moderate" is, "She believes what I believe".

Maybe that's the reason the resident liberal fanatics call her a "moderate"?

Never mind that most rank-and-file Democrats will never vote for her extreme views.

Old 08-13-2020, 01:55 PM

6,961 posts, read 2,695,418 times
Easy. Liberals get to decide what the moderate position is. They will try to go as far left as possible and settle for 40%.

Old 08-13-2020, 02:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Easy. Liberals get to decide what the moderate position is. They will try to go as far left as possible and settle for 40%.
It seems liberals get to decide whether or not anyone to the right of them is really a Democrat.

Old 08-13-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It seems liberals get to decide whether or not anyone to the right of them is really a Democrat.
Or, as an oft-confused politician recently said to a black man, "....you ain't black!"

Old 08-13-2020, 02:11 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Or, as an oft-confused politician recently said to a black man, "....you ain't black!"
Excellent! I'll have to use that in explaining why I'm not voting for Biden. 'I ain't black!'

Old 08-13-2020, 02:45 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
TRANSLATION: I can't refute it....
No. TRANSLATION: I don't need their "unique ideology analysis" to tell me something that Ronnie Milsap could see...

...The data that goes into this analysis is a list of who sponsored or cosponsored which bills. The process doesn’t look at the content of the bills or the party affiliation or anything else about the Members of Congress, but it is able to infer underlying behavioral patterns, some of which correspond to real-world concepts like left-right ideology...
https://www.govtrack.us/about/analysis#ideology

Yeah, they look at one data point sponsorship/co-sponsorship. They don't even bother to analyze what is actually in the bill.

Hard pass.

Old 08-13-2020, 02:51 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,226,366 times
Quote:
We have been hearing recently that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are a "truly moderate ticket" for the Presidency.

That's sort of like saying Bonnie and Clyde were "truly honest and law-abiding".

Non-partisan statistics from GovTrack.org, reveal Harris to be "Ranked the most liberal compared to all Senators".

More liberal than Bernie "Bolshevik" Sanders. More liberal than Elizabeth "Fauxcahontas" Warren. More liberal than Chuck Schumer.

Harris may be many things. But "moderate" isn't among them.

-----------------------------------------

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/mem...port-card/2019

KAMALA HARRIS, 2019:

Ranked most liberal compared to All Senators

Our unique ideology analysis assigns a score to Members of Congress according to their legislative behavior by how similar the pattern of bills and resolutions they cosponsor are to other Members of Congress.

Compare to all Senate Sophomores (0th percentile); Senate Democrats (0th percentile); All Senators (0th percentile).

------------------------

Joined bipartisan bills the least often compared to Senate Democrats

Of the 471 bills that Harris cosponsored, 15% were introduced by a legislator who was not a Democrat. View Cosponsored Bills »

Compare to all Senate Sophomores (0th percentile); Senate Democrats (0th percentile); All Senators (1st percentile).

Only Democratic and Republican Members of Congress who cosponsored more than 10 bills and resolutions are included in this statistic.

That's because it only rates her time in the Senate.

Look at her whole body of work and you'll see she's a moderate.

Old 08-13-2020, 02:54 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,247,714 times
Quote:
She did go to Howard univ and she was in a black sorority. No way someone who identifies as white would make those choices especially at that age. My white kids wouldn't feel comfortable with the HBCU college experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies