Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2020, 08:27 AM

23,962 posts, read 15,069,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I just checked the average cop salary - it’s $54,000, which is actually lower than teachers - and for much more dangerous work, and for the entire year. Where is all the crying about how underpaid cops are?

If anything, given how they’ve been vilified, and the difficulty in attracting them given all the liberal hate, I’d b for raising their pay substantially. Teachers, on the other hand, earn more for partial years.

And don’t get me started in the NYC teachers. They earn six figures for babysitting unruly kids.
The cops in my town get lots of overtime due to always never enough.So they re making closer to 100K.

But their overtime pay is used in pension calculations so they are getting 100+$ pensions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2020, 08:34 AM

1,231 posts, read 448,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I hate teachers.

My next door neighbor is a teacher. She has been out getting sun every day since March, meanwhile I haven't seen the sun in 6 months because I have a real job that I do from home.

They are such lazy coddled idiots.

I should have chose than field.
Oh the irony. You can work from home. Teachers can't.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:36 AM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes, but they only work nine months and get paid for twelve. It doesn't matter how their pay is spread out. I was a substitute teacher the summer after I graduated college and before I started grad school, so I know the system. Back then teachers actually taught. Today it is more PC, Woke, SJW indoctrination. My family is mainly medical professionals and educators. These fields have changed drastically and not for the better.
That is why something needs to change. These are our kids being heavily indoctrinated and brainwashed. Now is a good time for a shake-up and for parents to get involved.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:39 AM

1,049 posts, read 653,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes, but they only work nine months and get paid for twelve. It doesn't matter how their pay is spread out. I was a substitute teacher the summer after I graduated college and before I started grad school, so I know the system. Back then teachers actually taught. Today it is more PC, Woke, SJW indoctrination. My family is mainly medical professionals and educators. These fields have changed drastically and not for the better.

Can you provide a specific example of when you saw a teacher providing woke or SJW indoctrination in the classroom?

Old 08-15-2020, 08:42 AM

1,049 posts, read 653,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Which means that "most" teachers make no where near 90K in your district. As I've said, I am privy to mass teacher pay scales (no names though)... the average is between 50 and 75k in the USA with it leaning more towards 50 than 75.
Someone actually thinks that most teachers make 75k+ a year. If you think that then your opinion on anything education is null and void.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:47 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,783,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I just checked the average cop salary - it’s $54,000, which is actually lower than teachers - and for much more dangerous work, and for the entire year. Where is all the crying about how underpaid cops are?

If anything, given how they’ve been vilified, and the difficulty in attracting them given all the liberal hate, I’d b for raising their pay substantially. Teachers, on the other hand, earn more for partial years.

And don’t get me started in the NYC teachers. They earn six figures for babysitting unruly kids.
No - they simply do not. Again for the 5th or 6th time. Please backup your statements with FACTS provided by state run websites. You will not be able to do so.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:48 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
In my home state teachers are complaining they don’t want to re-open schools. scared they might catch the big bad bogeyman virus. Awwwwhhh poor babies. First of all there’s little risk of catching the virus from children according to medical experts. So that excuse is total “BS”. And btw I still have to go work and millions of others like me. So If we can go to work so can you. so get off your lazy A$$ drinking pina coladas on the beach and do your job.....you bums!!!
Another juvenile thread started by a Trumper, right winger/conservative. I'm shocked!!!

There is less risk, not "little risk" of catching covid from children under the age of 10. Nice try. You can and will catch it if you are exposed to these children on a daily basis. It's also been reported that those ages 10-19 are much more likely to transmit the virus than older adults. There are many schools that cater to both age groups, so whether one group is more or less likely to transmit the virus, in this scenario, is irrelevant because eventually you'll get it from someone.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
Oh the irony. You can work from home. Teachers can't.
That's why I asked the question "Do you work from home?" even though I already knew the answer. Gotta wonder how much education some of the posters here have.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:50 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,986 times
LOL only in America are teachers demonized by an entire political party.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post
Someone actually thinks that most teachers make 75k+ a year. If you think that then your opinion on anything education is null and void.
We've got two or three in here who seem to think MOST TEACHERS make close to 6 figures. That statement is LAUGHABLE at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies