Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 06:05 AM

7,212 posts, read 4,489,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What I’ve noticed is that parents are expected to teach their kids at home now. So how precious are teaching skills if they’re turning the task over to completely unqualified parents?
I know, it is a joke. And yet, zero rebate on my taxes? Um, so I am paying for a service I am not getting?

Teachers deserve the "hate" they have become insanely entitled and somehow everyone just puts up with it. People are so brainwashed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2020, 06:05 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,768,395 times
It's almost like the people hating on teachers have their heads shoved so far up their own YOU KNOW WHATS that they can't even bother to do a little research.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...304952b0532b95

https://www.wsj.com/video/georgia-sc...F8F8949F8.html

https://www.news4jax.com/news/georgi...rantines-grow/

You fools are sending people to their deaths because some idiot on foxnews said "kids dont spread it"

Old 08-15-2020, 06:11 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,733,329 times
This thread is a good example of why Americans are going to punish republicans this November.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:11 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,451,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I know, it is a joke. And yet, zero rebate on my taxes? Um, so I am paying for a service I am not getting?

Teachers deserve the "hate" they have become insanely entitled and somehow everyone just puts up with it. People are so brainwashed.
Yup. These highly paid teachers in my district (upper 90s to 100+ is pretty common, and with summers off) sure aren’t being asked to give up part of their salaries while they have parents do their job.

And just think. As the fall starts, many of these parents will have to take leave from their jobs, or quit altogether, to stay home and teach their kids, losing a lot of income - and teachers will keep collecting full pay? I say their pay should be cut in half and the balance distributed to all parents of school age children who are now doing the teacher’s job.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
And just think. As the fall starts, many of these parents will have to take leave from their jobs, or quit altogether, to stay home and teach their kids, losing a lot of income - and teachers will keep collecting full pay? I say their pay should be cut in half and the balance distributed to all parents of school age children who are now doing the teacher’s job.
Yes some of my job won't be able to go forward as there will be so many people who will have to stay home with the kids. Absolute insanity.

Schools should open and whomever shows up to teach should get the job.

I bet our educational system would instantly improve.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Yup. These highly paid teachers in my district (upper 90s to 100+ is pretty common, and with summers off) sure aren’t being asked to give up part of their salaries while they have parents do their job.

(upper 90s to 100+ is pretty common, and with summers off)

You are hilariously wrong. There is no district in the USA where that salary is COMMON. Do you guys just make this crap up? If 10 teachers out of 1000 making 90's is what you call "common" then maybe you'd be correct. Most are between 50 and 75k. You guys just like making things up it appears.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:

I bet our educational system would instantly improve.
Alright, now I know this is a troll thread. Checking out.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
(upper 90s to 100+ is pretty common, and with summers off)

You are hilariously wrong. There is no district in the USA where that salary is COMMON. Do you guys just make this crap up? If 10 teachers out of 1000 making 90's is what you call "common" then maybe you'd be correct. Most are between 50 and 75k. You guys just like making things up it appears.
Stop lying. My neighbor who is a teacher gets paid that.

Most american's would KILL for 75K working 8 hours a day with no vacation. Nevermind the benefits teachers get.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Stop lying. My neighbor who is a teacher gets paid that.

Most american's would KILL for 75K working 8 hours a day with no vacation. Nevermind the benefits teachers get.
Ah okay one more. SO BECAUSE ONE NEIGHBOR of yours gets 90's that means it's "common"?

I have worked in many schools and my job has me privy to their salaries. I can tell you that 90's is NOT common.. it is the top of the top and only the top 1 to 5% of teachers make that.

The other funny thing is that you think teachers work 8 hours a day and have summers off. If anything Corona virus has made the job a 16 hour a day job with working on weekends and yes....over summer break too...then again many teachers always worked over summer break.

Teachers union leaders would laugh out loud at how silly your statements are on this topic.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:21 AM

58,610 posts, read 26,915,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I actually feel for them going back to school with the added responsibility of masks, social distancing, virtual classrooms and all the other issues caused by Covid hysteria. And I dont blame them for being concerned for their health.
"And I dont blame them for being concerned for their health." I think they are WAY beyond just being "concerned.

Other public servants are working, the police, fireman etc. So much for al their crying all the time about "caring for the children"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies