Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 06:49 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
This is one reason why the press is held in such low regard. What kind of question is this for the president of the United States? If I was president I would not even have these circus's as they do not serve any purpose.
A better question would be what kind of president is this who has to be asked such a question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 06:53 AM

295 posts, read 143,554 times
the questions should be asked about basement biden - his son, how he's had 45 years to fix things and still bitching about the same old crap, about he and obama investigated trump, Benghazi and more

you trump haters just cant let go

Old 08-14-2020, 06:55 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Default ''When did you stop beating your wife?''

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
This is one reason why the press is held in such low regard. What kind of question is this for the president of the United States? If I was president I would not even have these circus's as they do not serve any purpose.

A loaded question or complex question is a question that contains a controversial assumption (e.g., a presumption of guilt). Such questions may be used as a rhetorical tool: the question attempts to limit direct replies to be those that serve the questioner's agenda.

Wikipedia

President Trump actually takes questions from reporters. That's what happens when you hang around butt holes, you get crapped on.

Why are so many unethical reporters drawn to this kind of vitriol? Because Mainstream Media sucks.

Last edited by buddy5; 08-14-2020 at 07:42 AM..

Old 08-14-2020, 07:01 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
My life might be so much simpler if I was as deliberately obtuse as some people.
Yeah, but the view is so crappy ... pun intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Trump's poise is off the charts.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What we really need is every reporter questioning Congress about why Trump isn't being arrested for freely admitting his flagrant attempt to interfere with an election by crippling the USPS.
Congress chickened out and went on vacation. Cowards.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:02 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
You act like Trump is the ONLY politician that lies.

They all do! Just as bad! Lying to the public is a skill required of every politician running for public office!
No politician even comes close to Trump. When it comes to lying, he is in a class by himself.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:03 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Disrespectful, pointless question that is about the reporter and nothing else.
He may ask POTUS any question he likes, it is the day after a very important diplomatic breakthrough, and this is what he came up with?
That reporter should go to work for People magazine; he really isn't capable of much else.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:20 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
A better question would be what kind of president is this who has to be asked such a question?
One the media despises. Contrast this to their treatment of Obama who lied as well.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:20 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,772 times
So, the consensus of the Trump worshipers is that it's all the reporter's fault for asking such a nasty, disrespectful question, because Don the Con can do no wrong.

Lol.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:30 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Has anyone ever kept track? Maybe there have been more lies. Or are all lies equal? Is the "weapons of mass destruction" lie the same as an exaggeration? Would that one lie--told by several people-- equal 10,000 of Trump's absurd off the cuff exaggerations? Things to ponder.
Fair point - Bush claimed that Iraq had WMD, which led to the death of thousands of American soldiers. Perhaps he honestly believed it, in which case not technically a lie, although I find that hard to swallow.

In Trumps case, a much less consequential lie, he claimed to have signed the Veterans Choice Act, which was actually signed by Obama. No doubt he was referring to The VA Mission Act, which he did sign. So the first time he said it, you could call that a simple mistake, not a lie. Thing is, Trump is pathologically incapable of admitting a mistake, so he just kept on repeating it and when a reporter called him out in public, he walked away. Why can’t he just say “sorry, I misspoke.”? No one would hold it against him. But we’ve seen this same narcissistic behavior over and over again.

When asked for examples of other Presidents lying, many on this forum bring up Obama’s famous “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor”. I don’t consider that a lie because I think he really expected it to be true. But nevertheless, he publicly apologized for that back in 2013. Has Donald ever apologized for anything?

Old 08-14-2020, 07:31 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
So, the consensus of the Trump worshipers is that it's all the reporter's fault for asking such a nasty, disrespectful question, because Don the Con can do no wrong.

Lol.
And the consensus of NeverTrumpers is that this reporter actually expected an answer to his question.
Orange Man Bad.

MAGA
Trump 2020. Because the alternative is awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies