Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 05:33 AM

57,221 posts, read 26,166,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
There's a plausible explanation you'll reject. By the time of the 4th application, Page went public with his role as a CIA asset. That presented a problem. MAYBE the FISC would question the 4th application and reject it because Page's role as a CIA source made his connections to Russia less suspicion. Faced with that possibility, Clinesmith chose to falsify the info sent to the Court.
We don't know if his role was or was not in the prior applications, not sure when his FISA warrant for 2014 was actually made public. I don't know why it would matter to make that change the 4th time around. If the FISA court rejected the 4th application based on that omission why would it even matter at that point since they were well into 2017.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2020, 08:03 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We don't know if his role was or was not in the prior applications, not sure when his FISA warrant for 2014 was actually made public. I don't know why it would matter to make that change the 4th time around. If the FISA court rejected the 4th application based on that omission why would it even matter at that point since they were well into 2017.
Page's role as an FBI source was not mentioned in the first 3 applications. You have a mental block preventing you from seeing the significance his role as a CIA asset could have on a judge's decision and why Clinesmith would lie.

imo, Clinesmith won't go to prison and won't name names.

Old 08-20-2020, 09:44 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,091,770 times
Clinesmith's plea agreement was released to the public today.

Many are saying Clinesmith got his sweetheart deal because he is singing like a canary. Read his plea agreement, there is no requirement for him to cooperate with, or testify in any criminal investigations/prosecutions.

Clinesmith is only required by the plea agreement to do a debriefing for the FISA review process.

It would seem pretty clear now that Durham is not interested in holding people accountable for their abuses of power.

Plea deal here

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttoo...bbf20/full.pdf

Old 08-20-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Page's role as an FBI source was not mentioned in the first 3 applications. You have a mental block preventing you from seeing the significance his role as a CIA asset could have on a judge's decision and why Clinesmith would lie.

imo, Clinesmith won't go to prison and won't name names.
I have not seen that mentioned do you have a link. Even if true are you saying the first 3 applications would not have been approved if it indicated he was a CIA source. Back in 2014 he assisted the CIA after they had an approved FISA warrant and informed him that the Russians he was in contact with were spies attempting to gain information on the sanctions.

Old 08-20-2020, 10:01 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,512,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Many are saying Clinesmith got his sweetheart deal because he is singing like a canary. Read his plea agreement, there is no requirement for him to cooperate with, or testify in any criminal investigations/prosecutions.

Clinesmith is only required by the plea agreement to do a debriefing for the FISA review process.

It would seem pretty clear now that Durham is not interested in holding people accountable for their abuses of power.

Plea deal here

I want to read what Andy McCarthy and Alan Dershowitz have to say about this.

Old 08-20-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Plea deal here

Singing like a canary, some hyperbole since this was his only act. What exactly did he disclose.

Old 08-20-2020, 10:05 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,203 times
Quote:
Singing like a canary, some hyperbole since this was his only act. What exactly did he disclose.
Durham investigation is a dud

Old 08-20-2020, 10:44 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,091,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I want to read what Andy McCarthy and Alan Dershowitz have to say about this.
I would also like to see some legal experts chime in on this, because I can't find anything in the plead deal that requires his cooperation other than a debrief for the FISA review.

Old 08-20-2020, 10:48 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
I have not seen that mentioned do you have a link. Even if true are you saying the first 3 applications would not have been approved if it indicated he was a CIA source. Back in 2014 he assisted the CIA after they had an approved FISA warrant and informed him that the Russians he was in contact with were spies attempting to gain information on the sanctions.
We've done a few 360's.

This sentence is in both the Criminal Information and Plea Agreement:

The first three FISA applications did not include Individual #1’s [Page] history or status with the OGA [CIA]

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kev...rging-document

I've never said the Court would have ruled differently had the applications mentioned Page's CIA role. I've said it was information that could have affected the Court's ruling and imo that's why Clinesmith falsified the email.

Old 08-20-2020, 10:55 AM

25,685 posts, read 12,765,268 times
This conviction doesn't satisfy me one bit.

I want a LOT more than this no-name low life to get what's coming. I want them ALL. I want it worked up the chain of command...all the way to Clinton, Biden, and Obama.

I will not be happy until they all pay a big price for illegally spying on a presidential candidate, & a presidents administration.

I demand justice be served, and this ain't it. It's taking way to long too....get on with it already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies