Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 10:32 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,823,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
The virus dictates whether it's safe to open up. Not politics or spin from Trump disinformation/conspiracy driven TV with paid hosts spoon fed a narrative. We have the power to stop this virus from spreading. It's a dirty shame there are so many Covidiots out there spreading it.
What about Anthrax in 2001? SARS in 2003? H1N1 (Swine Flu) in 2009? Ebola in 2014? Zika in 2018? Those viruses were more widespread and more powerful than the Election Flu could even dream of! Why no masks or social distancing? Hmm?

MSM answer: "Science... safety... public health... erm... uh... vote by mail..."
Real answer: "Those weren't election years, and Trump wasn't in the picture."

Old 08-16-2020, 10:52 AM

25,403 posts, read 9,678,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Yes. The governors did the actual closing, but Fauci was the "first mover". This is how it all went down:

China spread the Covid Flu.
Fauci/CDC spread the lies.
Liberal media spread the fear.
Democrats spread the tyranny.
We, the people of the United States, are the ones left holding the bag.
And folks opened up, or tried to. Then they had to close again because of Covid upticks. That's not Fauci's fault. The GA governor is trying his damnedest to ignore this virus. However, one of the schools in that state is one of the first ones that had to close down again after hundreds of Covid cases were reported.

Covid isn't political. It's not red for blue. It's a virus that will run through the population until actions are taken to mitigate its spread. It's a pretty simple solution, but one that many people in this country seem to be averse to. Instead, they would rather try to blame some boogey man. Sad, really. Covid doesn't care if we believe it or not. It's just going to do its thing.

Old 08-16-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Covid isn't political. It's not red for blue. It's a virus that will run through the population until actions are taken to mitigate its spread. It's a pretty simple solution, but one that many people in this country seem to be averse to. Instead, they would rather try to blame some boogey man. Sad, really. Covid doesn't care if we believe it or not. It's just going to do its thing.
The same people who say it's "not political" are the ones most gung-ho about locking down. Because of those people, the general public has no proper social outlets, where people can be together in groups, other than protesting. The end goal is one thing and one thing only: crashing the economy and creating social unrest (e.g. looting) to make Trump look bad. How is that "not political"?

Old 08-16-2020, 11:12 AM

17,266 posts, read 6,635,921 times
Quote:
The same people who say it's "not political" are the ones most gung-ho about locking down. Because of those people, the general public has no proper social outlets, where people can be together in groups, other than protesting. The end goal is one thing and one thing only: crashing the economy and creating social unrest (e.g. looting) to make Trump look bad. How is that "not political"?
She knows damn well it’s political.

Old 08-16-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
In GA the governor has all but called Covid a hoax. He refuses to close down anything. However, because Covid doesn't care and isn't red or blue, it's doing its thing. So schools are opening up and having to close down again. Restaurants and bars are unable to open completely. I know of a church where I live here in a deep red state with no type of mandates whatsoever where there was a church service in which one person infected 40 other people. So pardon me if I don't think Covid is political. It's not people trying to lockdown everything. It's a virus burning its way through a population that is causing the turmoil.

Old 08-16-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
In GA the governor has all but called Covid a hoax. He refuses to close down anything. However, because Covid doesn't care and isn't red or blue, it's doing its thing. So schools are opening up and having to close down again. Restaurants and bars are unable to open completely. I know of a church where I live here in a deep red state with no type of mandates whatsoever where there was a church service in which one person infected 40 other people. So pardon me if I don't think Covid is political. It's not people trying to lockdown everything. It's a virus burning its way through a population that is causing the turmoil.
The virus is basically a flu. Why are people so scared of it, assuming their fear isn't an act? The regular flu, Anthrax, SARS, H1N1, Ebola, and Zika are worse than the Election Flu, but there was no mass hysteria when they were going around.

I rest my case.

Old 08-16-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
The virus is basically a flu. Why are people so scared of it, assuming their fear isn't an act? The regular flu, Anthrax, SARS, H1N1, Ebola, and Zika are worse than the Election Flu, but there was no mass hysteria when they were going around.

I rest my case.
Alrighty then.

Old 08-16-2020, 11:30 AM

76,860 posts, read 47,170,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottkd71 View Post
What lockdowns is Tucker talking about? In my state, the ones instituted in March are long expired.
We're still locked down here in Florida, so he must be referring to DeSantis (R) and Republican mayors down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Tucker is brilliant. Democrats are despicable.
I didn't watch the video knowing Tucker's bias, but no doubt he tried to shift the blame on Democrats. Its pretty much standard for FOX and and other RW media.

Quote:
The same people who say it's "not political" are the ones most gung-ho about locking down.
So, are DeSantis, Abbott, DeWine, Ducey etc other Republican governors simply being anti-Trump and playing politics?

Old 08-17-2020, 09:04 AM

3,978 posts, read 1,826,085 times
The virus is basically a flu. Why are people so scared of it

Wow. After 5 months, still this? In what planet of math do you think this is not worse than the "regular" flu?

3 years of regular flu didn't kill this many people, and we did it in 5 months.

The flu stops itself with immunity, vaccines, seasonality, and common sense (i.e., I avoid people known to have the flu, and I myself stay away from people when I have the flu). It's also just plain less catchy. COVID has none of those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies