Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 08:17 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
He's a billionaire who has the taxpayers pick up hundreds of millions of dollars of vacation expenses for him, and I'm supposed to be impressed that he donated $100,000 and politically grandstanded about it? Please.
That would be like the average Joe donating $100 dollars. I can't believe the constant look what a great job Trump is doing and what a great American he is for donating his salary to repair a monument because the bad Democrats destroyed it. How do we know it isn't a bunch of misguided college age kids doing the damage? Older people don't go out there wrecking statues, and those college kids? How many of them actually vote?

The constant Donnie is great rhetoric when he does something far less than magnanimous vs the Helsinki embarrassment and his political decisions bent to his financial advantage? Truly despicable and deplorable. After nearly 4 years in office, his constant grifting, and the shut down of his grifter foundation and Trump U? I wouldn't doubt he's made every dime back at our tax payer dollar expense. It's the biggest, most effective con job I've ever seen. Some may admire it, but I find it outrageous. Restore a monument? Peanuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2020, 08:21 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Trumps give away of his salary is all show. If he was concerned about the money spending he would cut out half his golf trips to start. Trump does nothing unless it enhances himself

That's what you call rhetoric and bologna.

Old 08-16-2020, 08:22 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,016,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Amazing President Trump donates his 1/4 salary $100,000 to help repair National Monuments.

“We will never let them rip America’s heroes from our monuments, or from our hearts,” he said.

Donald Trump Donates Quarterly Salary to Repair National Monuments

President Donald Trump announced Friday that he would donate his salary for this financial quarter to the National Park Service for the restoration of America’s national monuments.

"I promised YOU I would not take a dime of salary as your President. I donate the entire $400,000! It is my honor to give $100,000 to @NatlParkService to help repair and restore our GREAT National Monuments. So important to our American History! Thank You!!"--President Trump

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...T0kSt8-nCK7uyU
He doesn’t need it. He’s raking in millions of taxpayer dollars at his resorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies