Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 08:08 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
I think the charges will get dropped. Even if it goes to court, he'll be acquitted.

According to North Carolina law, you have to give them notice that they are not allowed on the property. He did give her warning before hand and thus met that minimum requirement. You can not use lethal force against a trespasser. You can use force however.
If the trespasser commits an additional crime (theft in this case), then they stop being a trespasser and castle doctrine takes precedence. Once she touched the sign, she was no longer trespassing. The man was within his rights to use appropriate force to defend his property. It would be hard to argue that a BB gun is lethal force. (Yes, I am aware of compressed air pellet guns that can take down a wild hog. This was a BB gun.)

I think she should have asked her brother about the sign before touching it.
Yeah. I mean its a bb gun!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2020, 08:13 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
Only a Trump supporter would be so worked up over a sign
Perhaps it wasn’t the sign he was worked up about, but her blatant disregard for his property rights.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:17 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Fox argued that you cannot shoot people simply for being on your property. She said, “He actually believed he could shoot me if I was on his property and, to me, that’s terrifying.”

Stealing a campaign sign is not only stepping on someone's rights to free speech, it's petty theft and could come with jail time and a hefty fine of up to $1,000 in some cases.

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.
You can in Missouri

Old 08-15-2020, 08:29 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
hahaha Yea that's what happened. She was confused.

Like the female cop who murdered an innocent man when she walked into the wrong apartment? After all she thought she was in her own apartment.

It as a BB gun. Granted the kept children of government don't understand guns since they believe government will take care of them.
I do love the excuses.

She was confused. Yeah well so was the old man. He was confused, he actually thought that the sign on his property was his property and he had a right to defend his property.

The woman got the Hillary Clinton free pass. The police admit that she broke the law, but can't prove that she meant to break the law. LOL hahahaha

Here is the irony.
The left bends over backwards to make excuses for the racist BLM violence, looting and destruction of property, even the injuries and the killings. The left paints those racists as the victims, but an Oldman, defending his own property, is a villain. LOL

Old 08-15-2020, 08:31 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Woman shot with bb gun for theft of Trump sign from elderly man's yard

Good. Hope she gets gangrene.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:34 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I think it's just the Trump radicals that behave this way.

I wear a "Biden 2020" hat everywhere I go and I am in a red state. Some people who read my hat look like those Looney Tune characters when they have steam coming out of their ears. One day this week one woman, I assume a Trump radical, became so enraged she picked a bottle of steak sauce off the shelf and throw it at me. The bottle hit the floor and broke scattering sauce and broken glass over me and the customers near me. One woman had broken glass and steak sauce in her eye. (Imagine how that felt). The Trump loon was held until the police arrived. Hopefully she was arrested and charged. The police took the injured woman to the ER.

Many people like to sight "freedom of speech." Keep in mind that freedom of speech is a two way street. If you want respect you must give respect.

BTW, while my Biden hat leaves some middle aged and older people fuming the majority of younger people all give me the thumbs up.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Don't get fooled again. Vote for Joe.
Because of course children have all the wisdom and we get stupider with age.
Whats your point, you just want to be hip like a teenager?

Churchill did not say this:

If you are 20 and conservative you have no heart.
If you are 40 and liberal you have no brain.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:36 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He should have just tossed a couple dozen tire puncture nail spikes around the sign and be done with it.

I personally like the ones who wire their signs to deliver an electric shock. Some funny **** there!

Old 08-15-2020, 08:40 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Only a Trump supporter would be so worked up over a sign
Only a dem wouldn't "get it".

Don't touch anyone's anything because they hurt your political feelers.

End of story.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:43 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
You would support possibly killing a woman who did not know whose lawn it was, because she accidently took a piece of cardboard from your yard?
Don't touch anything on anyone's lawn without permission - how about that?

Old 08-15-2020, 08:47 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I personally like the ones who wire their signs to deliver an electric shock. Some funny **** there!
Years ago I had a neighbor who loved cats. They had like 10 cats or more. Those cats would come over and tear open my trash bags. One day I made flash bang booby traps around my trash bags. The result was spectacular . 4 cats were trying to get at my trash when one set of the bangs. (Made from black powder and model rocket motor ignighters. LOL Spectacular. LOL

The neighbor came over and complained because his cat could have been injured. Well, keep your cat in your own yard.

I was there watching and waiting. If the garbage man came first I would disarm and remove. No risk what so ever to humans. LOL. I had tried to reason with the people about their cats. Their response was for me to build a cage to put my trash in. I tried cans, they would knock the cans over. These were smart cats, I must say.

It caused a minor rift between us, but it was healed in the winter, when I helped plow them out when their snow blower crapped out.

In this case the woman knowingly trespassed, knowingly attempted to take someone uses property. She got off light. My son would have sent his dog after her. He has one of those Belgian Malinois. Beautiful animal, but not the most friendly to trespassers. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies