Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 09:38 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
This hotel picked the wrong woman to harass!

Dr. Karlyn Borysenko is a #WalkAway, a former lifelong Democrat. She speaks at #WalkAway events and has lots of videos on various topics on her channel. An organizational psychologist, she worked with universities and corporations for years. From her videos you can see she is an upbeat, funny, kind, understanding person but one you can't push around.

What happened to her was terrifying, and any woman who travels alone can understand why she breaks down when telling her story. I hope she sues. This hotel must be part of the Bates Motel chain.

Longish but worth watching as she gives details of what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQOCEygzVtk

I usually disagree with you, but the bolded is funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
To me, this woman is a true liberal.

She said she did not bang on anyone's door - unless this hotel produces a video to prove that she did, there is no reason to doubt her narrative.

Surely this hotel has security cameras, right ? I understand it is far from a luxury place, but come on.
Do you think the people who complained are all Trump disliking liars ?

Old 08-16-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
She claims she didn't leave the room at all, much less do that. She asked for some type of evidence, video or footage and they could not provide it. She says they made the whole thing up, there were no ten complaints of anything - they just wanted her gone, after she had been given a hard time since she got there.

It's a hotel and a big problem if they have non-functioning hall security cameras. Imagine if there had been a violent crime against a guest - oops sorry no security footage.
The validity of any complaints would be a different issue, but she would have no way of knowing for sure if any complaints were registered. She wasn’t sitting at the front desk nor answering their phone.

Old 08-16-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
She, a paying customer, was kicked out of a hotel in the middle of the night.

They have to explain why, and if they accuse her of a certain behavior, show some proof.

This is just basic common sense.
They only ‘have to’ if a law requires it.

Old 08-16-2020, 10:13 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,237,430 times
None of this story passes the sniff test. There is no reason for a hotel to kick out a guest who is doing absolutely nothing. Hotel business isnt that good right now for them to do that. Im sure we'll never get the whole story...or maybe we will, if the hotel can come up with some proof.

But no, I dont believe a word of what she's saying.

Old 08-16-2020, 10:18 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
Doesn't matter. Her electronic card key records each and every swipe into her room. It will be easy enough to prove whether or not she was running up and down the hall.
Yeah, I was simply responding to the people up-thread who said "There must be video evidence!".

Old 08-16-2020, 10:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm not listening to that irritating woman for 40 minutes.

Can you recap? I saw something in the comments about the sheriff having to be called.
Simple. People put on a maga hat, or mask, and then do or say something stupid and/or offensive and then play the victim when they told to beat it. The mind of a Trump apologist is a mysterious place.

Old 08-16-2020, 10:41 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yeah, I was simply responding to the people up-thread who said "There must be video evidence!".

She might have just put the bolt on the door, so a lack of swipes wouldn't necessarily prove anything.

Are people expecting this hotel to release footage publicly to dispute this woman's claims? Why? Then you have anyone else captured in video having their pictures all over the media too.

Old 08-16-2020, 12:04 PM

926 posts, read 417,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
They kicked her out. It’s their property.

She brought the accusations.
Of course not. She rented a room. She paid them money to have the right to use the room. So, legally speaking they had no right to kick her out like that.

Old 08-16-2020, 12:05 PM

926 posts, read 417,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Do you think the people who complained are all Trump disliking liars ?
Have you seen any evidence that other guests complained against this person? I haven't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies