Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2020, 12:38 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
That is just your opinion.

It is pretty astonishing for you to say that because everything you use to say that comes from the greedy rich.
I don't care what you don't believe... you might serve yourself better to move on to another thread, because you are not demonstrating that you are equipped to deal with the subject matter, in relation to what is American Democracy, and All that it has created and developed..

You continue to show that you have not figured out that American Democracy was not designed to be based on savagely self-centered Ideals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2020, 12:44 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
The more money one makes, the more contribution one does for the society.

It's such a shame that people like Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, and Jeff Bezos would never receive sainthood. I hate their politics, but their contribution to the humanity far exceeds that all the saints have done.
No.

I'm sure we can all think of examples of people who made very little money who made incredibly positive changes, and people with enormous sums of money who didn't leave even a whiff of positivity.

Think Mother Teresa and her ilk, vs Bernie Madoff and his ilk.

Old 08-16-2020, 12:47 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
As greedy as some white people are... the result is ... American would be in worst shape than the worst of 4th world nations...

and your comment proves that... because you don't understand the simple fact that "Taxes" is what contributed to the building of this nation.

left up to (SOME) WHITE PEOPLE... they'd only want the road way paved in front of their home, and they would try to remove street lights from any area they don't like, there would be no city governments, and we never would have developed Freeways, or any of the many other things that these same "anti tax types" like to complain about.
White people, huh? Cause there aren't any greedy people of color? As a former food service worker, I can tell you who was least likely to tip.... it wasn't white people.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Still waiting for an answer, Chance and Change. Are you referring to white people here or black people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change

Today, Black Peoples point of fact is the same as it was 100's of years ago, which was 'work to Implore American White People, to Respect American Democracy, and the Principle of Equality that is Core To Sustaining Democracy and Critical to The Advancement of Democracy.. and still have 100's of years, white peoples lust for money, has fueled and spread racism's ignorance, bigotry's vile and greed to a level of pure savagery, where they will attack and do any type of act upon and against each other for money, ego, vanity and the desire to hoard something.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:20 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No.

I'm sure we can all think of examples of people who made very little money who made incredibly positive changes, and people with enormous sums of money who didn't leave even a whiff of positivity.

Think Mother Teresa and her ilk, vs Bernie Madoff and his ilk.
How can anybody compare mother Teresa with someone like Bill Gate or Jeff Bezos? How many people mother Teresa helped and saved? Assume she did, it would be in the tens of thousands at best.

Capitalists like Bill Gates helped billions! Billions of people’s life has got so much better because of Microsoft, Amazon, Google etc. Think about all the people who can afford healthcare because of the wealth they create and the number of lives we have saved because of the availability of information and faster response time.

Bernie Madoff made no money for anybody.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:30 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
I don't care what you don't believe... you might serve yourself better to move on to another thread, because you are not demonstrating that you are equipped to deal with the subject matter, in relation to what is American Democracy, and All that it has created and developed..

You continue to show that you have not figured out that American Democracy was not designed to be based on savagely self-centered Ideals.
For someone who wants to force people into slavery, you have the audacity to use the word “savage�

Old 08-16-2020, 01:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
How can anybody compare mother Teresa with someone like Bill Gate or Jeff Bezos? How many people mother Teresa helped and saved? Assume she did, it would be in the tens of thousands at best.

Capitalists like Bill Gates helped billions! Billions of people’s life has got so much better because of Microsoft, Amazon, Google etc. Think about all the people who can afford healthcare because of the wealth they create and the number of lives we have saved because of the availability of information and faster response time.

Bernie Madoff made no money for anybody.
I was disagreeing with your statement "The more money one makes, the more contribution one does for the society" and that's why I bolded it in your post.

I stand by my disagreement.

Maybe a statement, "often, the very wealthy contribute a great deal to society" might work better.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:51 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
How about we use the Bernie Sanders sliding scale method? Spend your entire political career telling the world how terrible it is that such a thing as a millionaire exists. Then when you become a millionaire, switch it up to billionaire. Then when you become a billionaire, switch that out for trillionaire.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:57 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
"clueless" is letting things stay on this path when most of the country is up in arms and the wealth continues to be hoarded and those less than rich think its ok to let things continue on this path. Which CLEARLY has been a complete failure for the majority.

"clueless' is re-electing rich goofs to drain your hard earned tax dollars for their activities. thats CLUELESS
AOC, is that YOU?

Old 08-16-2020, 01:59 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
White people, huh? Cause there aren't any greedy people of color? As a former food service worker, I can tell you who was least likely to tip.... it wasn't white people.
Tipping is a courtesy... in principal.. ! Thank you is the standard reply for service provided.

I however personally grew up with the teaching to tip people for good service.

No, there are many people of all ethnicity whom are greedy... In the history of America, for 100's of yrs black were paid "O" !!!

Therefore black people did not create in American many of the criminal fleecing programs, they did not create the system where greed dominates everything.

Even gangs and hoodlums, did not exist for black people for 100's of years, its something adopted from white society and other European area people who brought those habits to America.

Even the most prolific black gangs don't do as much economic damage as the Mobster Gangs that have damaged the economic systems, of almost every professional skill craft, especially in some sectors of some states and cities.
One can't build anything substantial in New York without Gang (Mobster) demanding a payoff. Even at the Docks' of any port city, mobsters control how fast cargo moves, what moves and what does not move. It even controls who can work and who can't work.

American school taught history hints at the truth, but won't tell the whole truth, instead it glorifies those of malice and corruptions. People like Al Capone is a folk hero to white and people who the characteristic of white ethnicity. Bonnie and Clyde is still revered in some white communities, and even created a museum for cold blooded killers and robbers. People like Ted Bundy is like some strange Icon, and other individual savages like John Wayne Gacey.

Things people were groomed never to think of, because they were glorified in "motion pictures", as a format of sanitizing the savagery of these figures.
There's people still trying to crush small towns, trying to make them into some "fictional" frame of of "Mayberry" and others still trying to fantasize about Petty Coat Junction, and confabulating that life was as such, when it was nothing more than a fictional TV show.

Soap Operas still show women as if they are the 1950's model of female repression as housewives, who don't work... and sit around dressed in fancy cloths, while plotting and scheming and banging each other mates as if its the go to thing to do, and scamming about money to the level of plotting murders. This stuff has been promoting this level of dissatisfaction grooming malice minded grooming for more than 70 yrs. People can turn out for a year, and come back and the script is always the same. yet, people have no idea of the subliminal messaging they are being bombarded with.

One should read some of the researchers material on how Media has been used in every format since the days of slavery dictating imagery that white society has been groomed to seek to emulate and measure their lives based upon such.

Today, people claim depression if they can't go shopping, if they can't go flaunting themselves in public places and our playing the temp and tease flirt game, until people can't even stay home, social distance and wear mask for a matter of months, to save their own lives.

It's Insanity... This is the world that Greed has Thrust Upon Society... Sex, Money and Power... and people have not figured out how to extract themselves from its grip.

I work, and have done so for many decades, I've had the fancy cars that some people dream about, multiple homes when some people can't get a single home and all such stuff but, none of it was a point that fulfilled the soul... nor did I loose my constitution of integrity, and did not compromise my dignity in the process.

As a working class citizen, I have not had a car payment in 20 yrs, I have not created debt in more than 8 yrs, and the only debt I had then was "for business establishment and business needs".
I now enjoy my car that is 21 yrs old and in top condition, and I have a truck that is 23 yrs old in top condition, and have absolutely no interest to buy a new vehicle. My home was built in the 1960's when they still did quality construction, which I have no interest to sell or move from, I can pay my basic expense whether I choose to retire or not, and I don't have any credit debt, and don't play to create any.

I'm not on a mission to see who can grow the oldest with the most money and the most toys... I simply get what I want, that I will actually utilize. So... I don't need to swindle anyone, scheme or cheat anyone and certainly don't need to impress anyone.

When I want work done, I prefer to let the money go to people who are struggling to make it, who can use the resources to maintain their basic standards of shelter and basics. I don't seek out Marquee places that over charge because of name recognition. I research the quality of what I need, and today, one an buy that all over the Internet.

Quote:
As to Tipping... I tip people well, one I know many business owners pay people so low they can barely live and the people don't have a choice but to work those jobs because they need the resources. Besides, if there was no one to do those jobs, all the things people rave about of America would not even function.
I don't chase the fiction of provocative allure in display by many women, and certainly don't get hung up with some fantasy delusion about her sex, to trip myself up with delusions... I care more about what type of character the woman has, how she respects the principle of integrity, and who has a moral value concept that fits in line with the dignity of self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies