Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 08:40 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It is if you are a democrat, as they consider America to be their enemy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They want us to be ashamed of America not proud.
I am an extremely liberal Democrat and that is not true of me! See this post, of which I quote a brief excerpt:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Europe's mocking of the U.S. is quite ironic and a bit rich. Let me explain.
There is a reason that America has so many bright people, that the Europeans have remained where they are and stagnated and we are where we are and except for the pandemic are booming. For once I'll take things out of chronological order....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2020, 08:58 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
I'm proud to be an American but I'm also hyper critical of things that occur in the U.S. There's a ton of things about the U.S. that I feel are blocking us from reaching our full potential as a country.
When you refuse to see problems in your own house, they get worse. Confronting those problems and admitting they exist is how adults start to fix them. Children put their fingers in their ears, cover their eyes and humm loudly. In a well run house they are sent to their room for a timeout. In this country we let them elect a president who, unsurprisingly, does the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies