Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 07:10 AM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
There's Trump, and the reaction to Trump. Both bad, but the latter is worse.

"We're Living in a Permanent Coup" as Matt Taibbi says. That's why there is unrest.

And what is happening in the cities has clear causes that pre-date Trump by years. All run by Democrats.

How about we make a trade? Elect Biden, and replace the mayors of every fallen city with law and order conservatives/republicans? Throw in a conservative/republican governor of my state of NY...and I'll work for the Biden campaign
If Republicans behave like the fascist Democrats and do a permanent coup back to Biden (assuming he wins) then this country is over. Republicans are more likely to have careers and respect the rule of law than the Democrat rioters though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2020, 07:12 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Did I say it was one person? It’s been non-stop since the morning after the Election. That woman was the final straw. What made it so final was that she WAS the nicest person I’ve come across in decades, and someone for whom I had total respect.

Both my sibling and I had stopped going to neighborhood parties and gatherings (Pre-virus) because they always turned into a Trump- and Trump-supporter bashing. It never even occurred to any of the liberals speaking about Trump voters the way the SS spoke about the Jews that maybe, just maybe, there were people in the group who voted for Trump. I call that the height of arrogance.

And it’s not that we are loyal to Republicans.....it’s that we agree with conservative policies. I myself had in the past voted split tickets, but given the radical left turn the Ds have taken, never again.
Same....I'm a conservative/independent, and not loyal to Republicans. The Neo-con warmongers were the worst. But I have conservative values. If the Democrats were not so totally far to the left, I could vote for them, depending on the leadership qualities of the candidate. When they wanted to decriminalize border crossings, dog-whistled rioters, and went soft on crime in the name of 'criminal justice reform'....that is destroying cities. No way.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:16 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is very difficult to show support because of the potential backlash. I live in a very Liberal area, you know the people that preach tolerance and we have had Trump yard signs vandalized and stolen, trucks with bumper stickers vandalized, people berated for wearing Trump hats and recently an elderly man that was holding a sign on the side of the road had a young irate driver pull over, grab his sign and push him down.

I do believe that when people are asked if they like Trump they just don't want to be hassled so they say no and move along. I also believe that when a pollster calls and the questions are leaning toward Trump and away from Biden the call is ended.

I have personally seen and given thumbs up or nods to people that have dared to wear Pro Trump clothing. It is like we are Christians that are secretly living under the rule of Romans that would kill us.
This cuts both ways, you know. Liberals living in a pro-Trump area will keep their heads down about their political leanings too. It's not just liberals trying to silence Trumpers; Trumpers are trying to silence liberals too. It's because OUR WHOLE COUNTRY is divided and so many people are willing to take their feelings out on whoever disagrees with them.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:16 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If Republicans behave like the fascist Democrats and do a permanent coup back to Biden (assuming he wins) then this country is over. Republicans are more likely to have careers and respect the rule of law than the Democrat rioters though.
I hope they don't. This country can't stand 4 more years of "become ungovernable" "not my president" and "RESIST." Everyone loses in this type of chaos.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:17 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
One person in three years......wow.

I have been attacked viciously for not supporting Trump -- never calling anyone a moron but saying I can't support the man.......I can't tell you how many times.

I know you live in a liberal area and for you to learn your lesson a week ago suggests that one woman is not as common as people think.

I don't think any of you are morons for voting for Trump. You are loyal conservatives...that doesn't make you a moron, it makes you loyal.
Sigh...... it has gotten scary. The reactions on social media to someone’s pro-Trump post alone are chilling. I have been amazed at the hate spewed towards people for having an opinion. And, no, there’s not anything close in the sheer number of over-the-top vile responses going the opposite direction.

It only takes one person beating up some random person for wearing hat to do it. It only takes one restaurant refusing to serve a person wearing a T-shirt to do it. There are people I know who support Trump that would never wear a Trump hat, t-shirt, or button for fear they could never buy a drink or food, less it be spit in. People I know, who would like to, fear placing a Trump bumper sticker on their car because it is highly likely to get keyed.

There are silent Trump supporters out there, ones who are afraid to be honest to even anonymous pollsters. I don’t know how this election will turn out but I do know there is part of America that is genuinely afraid to be honest about what they think. In a nation which has the right for everyone to be able to speak freely as one of its basic fundamentals, that ought to concern us all.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:22 AM

15,827 posts, read 6,536,770 times
I do know two people who support DJT. I also know two people who once supported DJT, but don't any more. That suggests the trend is downward.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
That's not what was said. Not even close.

There have been several times when someone has repeated misinformation regarding Trump. But I didn't dare correct them. I've been down that road too many times...getting screamed at and accused of being some kind of Trump apologist. When I didn't even vote for him. I'm just a really big fan of truth and free speech, and people being able to say what they want without losing their jobs, or being harassed.

You can test your theory, if you live in a liberal area. Wear a MAGA hat out in public. See what happens.
Go back and read the post I quoted. That's exactly what that poster said. What you're talking about does happen and the red-hats are doing the same to anti-Trumpers in other parts of the country. Look at the news and you'll see it's true. But what the poster that I quoted claimed is happening is most definitely not happening.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I do know two people who support DJT. I also know two people who once supported DJT, but don't any more. That suggests the trend is downward.
I may not matter because he is hobbling our postal service in blue areas.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:31 AM

1,781 posts, read 955,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And all I can say is during my 23 years of living here, even after 9/11, I have never known such chaos - even before the pandemic.

Is it Trump? Could be....so I'm going to give Biden a try and see if he can calm things down -- if not - then maybe I'll vote for the Republican in four years.......

Worth a try right?
So you’re falling right into their trap? Nice. That’s exactly what they want. They think that if they can cause enough chaos, strife, mayhem and unpleasantness the majority of people will think the way you are and vote for Biden to see if he can “calm things down”. The swamp monsters are pissed and are happy that things are so turbulent and chaotic. They want back in power and things will only “calm down” when they are. I hope the majority of people have figured this out by now.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:32 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
No surprise there. Who wouldn't be embarrassed to admit they support a president that has declared war on the United States Postal Service. SOLELY because he thinks it would help him during the election .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies