Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would You Support Trump's Decision To Invalidate Election Results
Yes 20 22.99%
No 67 77.01%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 01:01 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are a few longer term posters here who called for an armed rebellion in anticipation of a Hillary win in 2016.

Similar crap posted all over various social media platforms.

No way to know how many post in their tidy whites from mom’s basement, (Adam Lanza style), or from foreign countries or were just blowing steam or were serious.
You just won ignore list with your reference to Lanza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2020, 01:04 PM

12 posts, read 11,503 times
I voted NO because he caved in and started spewing the same lies about whats going on.... He told the truth in January when he told people it wasnt that bad and then for some reason he started going along with this......

Let the election stand........

Old 08-16-2020, 01:04 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
That is not even possible.

There are first of all 50 separate elections in each of the 50 states. Then the votes are tabulated by the Electoral College, which the President has no direct contact with or authority over. Then it is up to the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court to swear in the president, based on the winner in the Electoral College.

This is ALL accomplished without any input or oversight by the President at all. As a result, Trump could not "invalidate" the election results, even if he wanted to.

Leftists are relentless, aggressive, unconscionable liars. Case closed.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:05 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
I see Dems complaining already about the results of the election.
It's an attempt to set up a new narrative. They know Harris/biden is a long shot at best so they are trying to gin up more fear and loathing (if that is possible) among the ill informed left. The predictable headlines the day after a Trump win will be "Democrats Outraged" and "Democrats Demand", etc., etc., .

Old 08-16-2020, 01:08 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Watched an interested Ted Koppel report on CBS Sunday Morning. It talked about a wide array of secret powers Trump possesses and could implement with the stroke of a pen. These powers include suspension of Habeas Corpus, apprehension and detention of certain individuals, search of persons and premises, and seizure of property. One legal scholar in the report opined that Trump has the power to actually suspend the Constitution in the case of a national emergency. Nobody really knows the extent of these powers because they have been hidden from the American people for fear these powers would frighten them too much.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rewriti...ential-powers/

Assuming Trump would claim voter mail-in ballot fraud if he lost to Biden and he had the power contained within these documents to invalidate the election results by declaring a national emergency, would you support his decision to invalidate the election and stay in office?
Nice try, Democrat! Try to start something that won't happen! Frankly, Democrats, such as yourself, will lose their freaking minds when Biden/Black Female LOSE!! Trump/AMERICA 2020

Old 08-16-2020, 01:14 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,858 times
Quote:
I think you're just wishful thinking. Biden/Harris will probably win if the election is conducted on a level playing field and likely Trump will declare the election fraudulent. He said as much in his interview with Chris Wallace when the latter asked him if he would accept the election results if he lost:

“I have to see. I’m not going to just say ‘yes.’ I’m not going to say ‘no,’ and I didn’t last time either.”
Our president is a true master at keeping the fake press, like Chris Wallace, guessing! I love it! Trump has FINALLY figured out that every "reporter," including Wallace, is out to get him!

Old 08-16-2020, 01:49 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
I see Dems complaining already about the results of the election.

How does that happen? Trump has been complaining about voter fraud since his numbers tanked in March.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:57 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Yes. It was reported DeJoy bought stock options in Amazon when he took the job. He has a financial incentive to screw up the post office, an obvious conflict of interest. No doubt he knows that Amazon has been building up their own in-house delivery and relying less on USPS.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:58 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
That is not even possible.

There are first of all 50 separate elections in each of the 50 states. Then the votes are tabulated by the Electoral College, which the President has no direct contact with or authority over. Then it is up to the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court to swear in the president, based on the winner in the Electoral College.

This is ALL accomplished without any input or oversight by the President at all. As a result, Trump could not "invalidate" the election results, even if he wanted to.

Leftists are relentless, aggressive, unconscionable liars. Case closed.

I think he could invalidate the results. He's not going to wait around for the electoral college. If he loses the popular vote I think he'll immediately declare the election void because of mail-in ballot fraud--that'll be his excuse to declare a national emergency. Then he'll istitute martial law to suppress the riots that will inevitably break out and use his emergency powers to arrest and imprison the worst of the rioters to put the fear of God into the rest of them. This will look no different than what Stalin did to his enemies to stay in power and I fear Trump has taken his lessons on retaining power from the worst of the dictators because deep down he wants to be a dictator like his hero, Putin.

Old 08-16-2020, 02:04 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
I think he could invalidate the results. He's not going to wait around for the electoral college. If he loses the popular vote I think he'll immediately declare the election void because of mail-in ballot fraud--that'll be his excuse to declare a national emergency. Then he'll istitute martial law to suppress the riots that will inevitably break out and use his emergency powers to arrest and imprison the worst of the rioters to put the fear of God into the rest of them. This will look no different than what Stalin did to his enemies to stay in power and I fear Trump has taken his lessons on retaining power from the worst of the dictators because deep down he wants to be a dictator like his hero, Putin.
Joe Biden or Hillary Clinton could do the same thing. It would not have anymore legal effect than if Trump did it. We have a process for this and none of the people directly competing in the election are in any way involved in it. In other words, it works without their involvement.

Also, as we know, over the last four years it has actually been the Democrats trying to invalidate the results of the last election, so clearly it is the Democrats that we need to be more concerned about trying to steal the election - again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies