Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 12:31 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What is the plan to keep schools safe for teachers and kids. They are already lacking in funding with teachers having to buy their own supplies. What exactly do you want schools to do. They need help, but no one is there to help them. Colleges are already sending kids home after the first week. This has nothing to do with politics.
Daycare workers, Walmart workers, doctors, nurses, everyone else on earth can go to work except the poor, poor, teachers. It has EVERYTHING to do with politics.

The good news is these fools are defunding themselves and they don't even know it. People will find alternatives and realize public school teachers aren't really needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2020, 11:12 AM

272 posts, read 295,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Not true my cousin home schooled her 3 kids they all went on to big colleges and got masters degrees make great livings now. Pandemic isn't going to last years kids will do just fine until the vaccine is out we can get past this. What is unhealthy are dead parents and grandparents when these kids are asymptomatic and bring it home with them.
Couldn't say it better. I rather have a kid be behind and have to catch up then have parents, grandparents die and who knows who else the "asymptomatic "child infects.

I prefer schools but a few family members have home schooled and all have gone to college to become doctors, nurses and business people.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Old 08-22-2020, 11:20 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
These business and states aren’t going to continue this everyone works from home” stuff forever. I see mass layoffs coming everywhere I’m both sectors. Both sectors will soon begin cutting the work from home” idea

The fat will be cut heavy soon. I would be very worried if I was one of the “work from home” crowd. Unless I had significant connections with high ups

Old 08-22-2020, 04:11 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
These business and states aren’t going to continue this everyone works from home” stuff forever. I see mass layoffs coming everywhere I’m both sectors. Both sectors will soon begin cutting the work from home” idea

The fat will be cut heavy soon. I would be very worried if I was one of the “work from home” crowd. Unless I had significant connections with high ups
Actually not true my employer's remote work policy prior to Covid was 90% in the office and you could work remote no more then 1 day a week. Now management has stated we will not be going back even afterwards because of the savings they see as cost to provide work space for everyone. New polices now in planning stage to have shared work space. The days of everyone in the office are over and Business's see the cost savings in doing so. It challenges management to do a better job of setting goals for their employees and keeping track of how things are going. Prior to that it was all in person walk up and constant daily reminders who is doing what.

Last edited by kell490; 08-22-2020 at 05:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies