Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2020, 04:07 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Do you know how to properly hold a bible. I certainly do because I went to catholic schools all my life. Trump used it as a prop and disrespected it. I'm a democrat who supports a women's choice. Republicans want these kids born but don't want anything to do with them after that. So many families end up on welfare because they can't afford them. What is your plan for them.
I really don't understand how a thnking Christian can support abortion. It's one thing that seems extremely cut and dried to me. Don't kill.

Old 08-17-2020, 04:32 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
They can call themselves whatever they like, but the Democratic Party is the party of abortion.
Trump was pro-abortion when he was a Democrat, but when he decided to run for President he needed the evangelical vote (easiest people in the world to manipulate/use) he went anti-abortion.

Trump can walk down both sides of a street at the same time.

Old 08-17-2020, 05:52 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
So no booing of God this time?

Old 08-17-2020, 07:32 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I've been a liberal most of my life. I've also been on my church council, taught Sunday School, lead a men's group for a group of guys from a half way house and delivered meals on wheels through my church.

The two aren't exclusive unless you have a poisoned, myopic view and see everything through a political lens.
So what? You support a political party that supports the killing of children. You remind me of the Pharisee from Luke 18.

Old 08-17-2020, 07:43 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
Humanists dressed up in clerical collars, or hijabs or saffron robes are not faith leaders, they are humanist. Antithetical to faith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Bishop Mariann Budde. A true woman of God.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...?ocid=msedgdhp

Old 08-17-2020, 08:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I’m independent and don’t like either candidate. To me it has everything to do with governance. They’re the ones that appoint judges and pass laws to make abortion easier.
You need to realize when you are being played. Trump and many Republicans say they are pro-life for one reason, and one reason only to get you to vote for them. They will never ban abortion because it is the goose laying golden eggs for them.

Why do you think Trump appointed two SC justices who both said they won't touch abortion because its "settled issue"? The evangelical community got duped big time. The big question is how they elected Trump, the only non-Christian candidate, out of a pool of 15 decent Republican candidates, many of whom were Christians.

Quote:
That alleged woman of God is a complete hypocrite. She’s nothing of the sort as are any of the alleged “faith leaders” that will be speaking.
As for Bishop Mariann Budde, it is not for me to judge her faith. Maybe she is "true Christian" or maybe she is not. God knows here heart. Why do you call her a hypocrite? Because she supported McCain? Because she opposes gun violence?

"You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
You remind me of a guy who has never read psalms 137:9 or Hosea 9:14-16
Why? God didn't order Israelis to kill the babies, He just knew it would happen when they took revenge on the enemy. Hosea 9 is an description of what would happens when/if God withdraws his mercy from humanity.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-17-2020 at 08:20 AM..

Old 08-17-2020, 08:05 AM

17,796 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
So what? You support a political party that supports the killing of children. You remind me of the Pharisee from Luke 18.
You remind me of a guy who has never read psalms 137:9 or Hosea 9:14-16

Old 08-17-2020, 08:07 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
They are fooling NOBODY - except for the people who were going to vote for them anyway
The lefties on POC are relentless in their mockery of those who believe in a "sky daddy." Are they cool with the DNC believing in a "sky daddy," too?

Old 08-17-2020, 08:13 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So no booing of God this time?
Guess not. How has the left suddenly become believers in a "sky daddy" in just 4 short years? I wonder how many prior Dem voters will be alienated by the DNC suddenly now believing in a "sky daddy" and endorsing religious faith speech at their national convention.

Old 08-17-2020, 08:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Guess not. How has the left suddenly become believers in a "sky daddy" in just 4 short years? I wonder how many prior Dem voters will be alienated by the DNC suddenly now believing in a "sky daddy" and endorsing religious faith speech at their national convention.
You must like this "sky daddy" line, since you can't stop parroting it.

Faith is a personal thing, so to suggest that one party is God's party, and the other is against God only shows how little you know of the subject. There are plenty of atheists on both parties and plenty of believers in both parties. As a matter of fact, God couldn't care less which party you vote for, but He does care about your personal relationship with Him and how you treat your neighbor.

I doubt He is pleased seeing people use Him as a political tool to promote one party and demonize another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies