Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 10:14 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times

Advertisements

Never seen either movie. The majority of Hollywood is trash and I have no idea why people care to analyze so much of what they put out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2021, 10:49 PM

4,902 posts, read 2,056,126 times
Wtf… I’m a movie buff and love the Alien and Predator movies!!

I’m also half Black and NEVER thought these movies were racist or even slightly racist in anyway. I’ve seen every Alien and Predator movies ever made and if anything, they’ve shown all the races working together.

Liberals need to stop coming up with this stupid sheet.

Old 11-12-2021, 06:21 AM

1,665 posts, read 974,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Those were not dreadlocks, it was part of the helmet.
If I remember correctly, even after that awesome helmet came off, there were dreads. I could be wrong though.

Old 11-12-2021, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'm gonna have to disagree. Korn is cool, P.O.D. is really good and Linkin Park too. There is a lot of nu-metal adjacent bands like Rage that are awesome too.
Some people just sees "metal" and are instantly turned off by the genre.

Old 11-12-2021, 06:28 AM

7,917 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
So I guess Alien vs Predator was two black dudes going at it.
I don't remember that movie having an LGBT theme to it.

Old 11-12-2021, 06:33 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Well, people need something to write about these days to satisfy their sense of self importance, right?

https://theconversation.com/how-holl...-racism-127088
What the hell?

How could anyone by any stretch of the imagination presume that "Alien" and "Predator" are black? If you actually watched the movie showing how "Alien" originated, it was a hybrid from an animal and a very white alien humanoid.

Liberal insanity continues to get worse over time. They sit and ruminate about such idiocy that they actually express these views in public. Amazing.

If one ever doubted that liberals are insane, here is yet another example to remove that doubt.

Old 11-12-2021, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho-toot View Post
I lean more left but this article is a load of boll*cks. I told a black friend about this (who also leans left and grew up on these movies) and he just shook his head. Its crap like this why a lot of people dismiss genuine concerns of the black community.

Predator 2 stars a black man in a role usually reserved for whites like Stallone or Schwarzenneger. Alien has a black man in a badass heroic role. And though he is killed, not without a fight. Plus he saved one character from a dangerous android and sacrificed himself to save another from an alien (futile in the end.) This was the '70s. You did not see black men in roles like that in horror films. You also didn't see women who had strong roles like Sigourney did very often.
The Walking Dead had a similar heroic black man saving a white woman. In season 3, T-Dog, after he was bit, sacrificed himself to protect Carol inside the prison. He was doomed. Whereas in Season 2, after he was cut and had blood poison, he was talking out of his head to Dale. Trying to convince Dale that the 2 were outcasts. Dale being older and himself being black. Dale shut that down. Also Dale basically said forget all that after T-Dog made a recovery.

In The Purge series, I'm not sure if the very last installment does it, but the others made black people as heroes.

Nothing wrong with that.

Denzel Washington is also on of my favorite actors. I'm just throwing that out there...

Old 11-12-2021, 06:37 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times
Default How Hollywood’s ‘Alien’ and ‘Predator’ movies reinforce anti-Black racism (interviews, Hispanic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Well, people need something to write about these days to satisfy their sense of self importance, right?

https://theconversation.com/how-holl...-racism-127088
Not seeing how Alien is anyway anti-Black so I will not go into it. And with Predator, the case is weak.

With Predator, I can see a complaint about the mandibles looking like dreadlocks. But even then, the actual Predator's skin color is relatively light colored.

And more to the point, the Predator movie had a multi-racial cast including several Black actors, notably Carl Weathers in a heroic role.

And in Predator 2, the lead actor was a Black actor, Danny Glovers.

So this looks like another attention getting case that actually weakens the point the person is trying to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies