Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Trump will lose votes by interfering with US postal service
Yes 80 46.24%
No 93 53.76%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 08:17 PM

1,948 posts, read 1,516,069 times

Advertisements

It's about time someone did something about the USPS, and their inefficiencies.

They've had things they should have done years ago to improve their operations. For example, we certainly can do without getting mail on Saturdays. Why make those poor employees ruin their weekends having to deliver mail?

I had a friend that was a Regional Postmaster for the Southeast. I also had a roommate for a year that was Postmaster of a medium size city and later an engineer. Another friend managed the mail sorting center in South Memphis, and one night she realized she was the only lady in the building--with 1,000 men.

You ought to hear what the employees and management has to say about the operations--and the ultra politics in the organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2020, 08:20 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanaGawa View Post
LOL.

Liberals burn down their own local post offices in Minneapolis, both the Lake Street and Minnehaha stations, yet have the audacity to then complain they are not receiving their mail (e.g., government stimulus checks) in a timely manner.
Those were Proud Boys.

Old 08-16-2020, 08:28 PM

6,100 posts, read 2,722,498 times
If I know one thing Americans won't stand for is messing with their SS, medicare, and the mail. Most Americans support USPS and believe in it and rely on it either for their business or to get important meds so you eff that up there will be chit to pay.

Old 08-16-2020, 08:29 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
And the sort machines removed?

Could be any of a number of reasons why a sorting machine might be moved from one facility to another.

The most obvious would be people leaving East Coast areas like New York and New Jersey.

"Connecticut, New York and Massachusetts ranked in the top 10 states where most residents moved out."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/11/why-...her-state.html

Old 08-16-2020, 08:43 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Those were Proud Boys.
I thought it was the Boogaloo bois.

Old 08-16-2020, 08:44 PM

30,153 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
He is interfering with voter fraud -he wants you to go down to the polls down the street and show some ID
just like you do every week at the grocery store

I don't show ID at the grocery store. Mail in ballots are verified. saying otherwise is just a lie. Trump is just trying to distract people from all his failed policies like the pandemic. And his voters but into whatever lies he tells them.

Old 08-16-2020, 08:44 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
First of all in my state Arizona we have had Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) for years you don't have to be elderly. It's open to anyone 80% of Arizona voters for years have used this system without any fruad. You sign the envelope has your name and signatures are verified. We can vote 27 days before the election day I hope people get their ballot in sooner then later if the post office is running that far behind.

If there is delays by the US Post office Governor's should call up the National Guard to pickup ballots from homes simple enough.
Or people just go out and vote. Simple enough.

Old 08-16-2020, 09:08 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Those were Proud Boys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I thought it was the Boogaloo bois.

Try again.

https://kstp.com/news/invetigators-o...rson-/5785913/

Old 08-16-2020, 09:59 PM

15,827 posts, read 6,536,770 times
I think postalgate will motivate some people to vote, when they might not have previously.

Old 08-16-2020, 10:35 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Why are all these mailboxes suddenly disappearing?
The paranoia runs deep.

It is not a sudden removing collection boxes. Because fewer and fewer people mail letters and use the blue boxes to do it the removal of boxes has been happening for 20 years. When you see a batch from one zone on a maintenance truck being picked up it was because it was the turn of that zone again as the service rotates through its routes and continually adjust them to try to balance the workload.

The week after the runs on the markets and toilet paper crises my office was inspected and we are awaiting to see how many more routes we will lose. 25 years ago there were 55, now there are 40. We had 5 collection routes picking up blue boxes. Now we have many less boxes and the boxes are collected by utilizing overtime as no routes with the collection on its assignment on straight time exist anymore.

But that is just normal operations in the post office and the decisions of how many routes and mailboxes that have been removed in the last few days predates the retirement of the last Postmaster General

Last edited by Taiko; 08-16-2020 at 10:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies