Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 11:11 AM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yeah there are millions of Impoverished Whites, Asians and Hispanics and overall they don't have this violence problem.

Poverty does not give you the right or reason to be violent.

Something else is missing.
Actually, plenty of gang violence from Hispanic gangs too. Notice I mentioned "gangs" in my paragraph?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 11:16 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Super impressive! How can anyone disagree with her?
It’s a very basic political hit piece. What exactly does she intend to do for Baltimore to change the trajectory?

Most people, of all races, do not support defunding the Police, whatever that term means to the small minority who advocate for this?

She is 38 years old. She briefly attended college and claims she was bullied about her alopecia condition and suffered low self esteem.

She has primarily engaged in selling clothes on eBay.

She created a NFP to help disadvantaged young women with low self esteem. It conducts Dress for Success workshops.

She is a featured guest on Fox News as they try to demonstrate inclusiveness.

Some of the most impoverished areas of the US are Republican.

She does not live in the district she hopes to represent.

Old 08-18-2020, 11:34 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,481,489 times
I almost feel sorry for Trump supporters. They got their guy in charge, and everything is nosediving, so they scream "this is what happens when you put Dems in change. We need 4 more years of Trump". They have no idea how absurd that sounds.

Old 08-18-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, plenty of gang violence from Hispanic gangs too. Notice I mentioned "gangs" in my paragraph?
The diff, at least in Chicago, seems to be depth and breadth.

There are an estimated 100,000-150, 000 gang members in Chicago, dominated by black gang factions, down to the block level.

Most of the shootings in Chicago happen on 8% of the city’s blocks that are dominated by black gang factions.
Not seeing this kind or amount of carnage in Hispanic areas.

There seems a stronger semblance of central leadership/ discipline within Hispanic gangs.

MS- 13 primarily recruits from and preys upon illegal people from Central America. It is not active in Chicago.

There are nearly 1 million black people who reside in Chicago and most are not engaged in gangs or riots or looting.

Most reasonable people of all races/ ethnicities are repulsed by the George Floyd incident and the civil unrest that ensued.

Old 08-18-2020, 11:52 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,414,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I almost feel sorry for Trump supporters. They got their guy in charge, and everything is nosediving, so they scream "this is what happens when you put Dems in change. We need 4 more years of Trump". They have no idea how absurd that sounds.
Reminder; it's not Republicans out there burning, looting, assaulting people and murdering cops.

Hope that helps.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:03 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The diff, at least in Chicago, seems to be depth and breadth.

There are an estimated 100,000-150, 000 gang members in Chicago, dominated by black gang factions, down to the block level.

Most of the shootings in Chicago happen on 8% of the city’s blocks that are dominated by black gang factions.
Not seeing this kind or amount of carnage in Hispanic areas.

There seems a stronger semblance of central leadership/ discipline within Hispanic gangs.

MS- 13 primarily recruits from and preys upon illegal people from Central America. It is not active in Chicago.

There are nearly 1 million black people who reside in Chicago and most are not engaged in gangs or riots or looting.

Most reasonable people of all races/ ethnicities are repulsed by the George Floyd incident and the civil unrest that ensued.
Chicago has been a city where gangs have grown, for years. While currently there are alot of Black gangs (and they dominate Black neighborhoods), there are many Hispanic gang members as well. The Latin Kings have a big presence in places like Little Village and Cicero. Funny you mention MS 13. MS-13 and the Latin Kings are enemies.

And I know about the Black gangs in Chicago. Vice Lords, Gangster Disciples. The Vice Lords got started in the 1950s out of a reform school.

I would avoid both factions of gangs myself. I would be afraid to be in North Lawndale or South Lawndale. I think about what said gang members would do to me.

Most people of all races aren't engaged in criminal activity. Most of the carnage is either from personal disputes or gang violence. And very often, it's something that happens in communities with alot of blight, a large underclass, and drugs.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:04 PM

20,260 posts, read 19,847,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That's why we need gun control.

Thanks for stressing that point for us.
I'd say we need fewer repeat offenders.

How do you go about disarming criminals in the first place.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:07 PM

9,895 posts, read 9,538,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Democrat mantra... Country Over Party

Cities they control where they want to remove the police - over the weekend
76 shot, 14 dead in NYC

46 shot, 4 killed in Chicago

32 shot, 7 killed in Philadelphia

18 shot, 4 killed in Cincinnati
Democrats say defund the police. Marxist Black Lives Matter Inc says defund the police.

People on the ground of all races say they want the police.

Country over party? Not so much...
I saw on the news 63 shot on sunday in Chicago.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yeah there are millions of Impoverished Whites, Asians and Hispanics and overall they don't have this violence problem.

Poverty does not give you the right or reason to be violent.

Something else is missing.
The first known street gang in the US dates back nearly 200 years, the 40 Thieves in NYC. It was comprised of Irish immigrants. It began as a rebellion against their low social status and evolved into a criminal organization.

The mafia came with Italian immigrants and gained national recognition with prohibition. Unlike street gangs, it was highly organized with central family leadership. It owned unions, many politicians, gaming and drugs. Mafia has been romanticized in books, movies and Sopranos. Who doesn’t love a good mob whacking?

Kiryas Joel, NY has the highest rate of per capita poverty in the US. English is not the primary language, even though most are born in the US. The community is highly dependent on government welfare programs. It is among the least violent community in the US.

I mention Kiryas because poverty is not the only factor that precipitates violence.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:27 PM

29,179 posts, read 14,465,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It’s a very basic political hit piece. What exactly does she intend to do for Baltimore to change the trajectory?

Most people, of all races, do not support defunding the Police, whatever that term means to the small minority who advocate for this?

She is 38 years old. She briefly attended college and claims she was bullied about her alopecia condition and suffered low self esteem.

She has primarily engaged in selling clothes on eBay.

She created a NFP to help disadvantaged young women with low self esteem. It conducts Dress for Success workshops.

She is a featured guest on Fox News as they try to demonstrate inclusiveness.

Some of the most impoverished areas of the US are Republican.

She does not live in the district she hopes to represent.
She is bringing attention to the farce of BLM and that entire rhetoric. She is bringing attention to the fact that in 53 years the Democratic leadership has failed that area of Baltimore. Even Detroit has made a comeback, and has some great Democratic leadership. Have you ever visited these GOP impoverished cities ? Most are in rural areas, are safe and beautiful. Compare Clare Michigan (conservative) , which is one of the poorest cities in the state to Flint. Huge difference.

It's impoverished and violent that the Democratic cities win at.

Last edited by scarabchuck; 08-18-2020 at 12:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies