Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 06:04 PM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How does a Violent convicted felon just released on parole Acquire a gun within hours of being released?

It is reasonable to assume nearly everyone is armed, legal and otherwise, is the most dangerous areas of the city. One’s firearm is a useless defense in a drive by shooting.

When you are driving with your kid in the back seat, your gun is useless when people are shooting from a car behind you or parallel in an adjoining lane.

Your firearm is useless when your kiddo is playing on the front steps and you are inside.

Your firearm is useless when you are making din- din in the kitchen and bullets come through your front room where the kids are watching TV.

Your firearm is useless when your back is turned upon entering or exiting your car.

Your firearm is useless when it’s 3:00 AM and you are enjoying an evening in a local park with 50 friends and family and a car sprays the crowd with bullets.

Chicago PD took 10,000 firearms off the streets in 2019.

It recovered more than 8000 firearms by mid year, this year.

Obviously the supply is constantly replenished.

FBI has been working with CPD for years tracing guns.

This year hundreds of federal agents and CPD are focused on gun trafficking.
I would look in the trunk of Eric Holder's car
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I almost feel sorry for Trump supporters. They got their guy in charge, and everything is nosediving, so they scream "this is what happens when you put Dems in change. We need 4 more years of Trump". They have no idea how absurd that sounds.
We do need Trump, but more importantly the cities with the Progressive Mayors, City councils, and police Chiefs, need to get them out. They sure the hell don't know anything about Policing in their cities, and have all made their cities worse

Old 08-18-2020, 06:15 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most of the firearms recovered Chicago originated in suburban gun stores, two in particular There is no limit on number of firearms or frequent purchases. Dang things keep going missing.

Guns originally acquired in Indiana and Mississippi also have a tendency to land in the hands of bad guys, in Chicago. I don’t get the Mississippi connection
Straw purchases are illegal. Not filing a police report for a stolen firearm is illegal. Buying firearms out of state then selling them to people without going through an FFL is illegal.

Old 08-18-2020, 07:14 PM

24,409 posts, read 23,065,142 times
The Progressives wnat a police state so they're promoting violence and anarchy. When they take over, the police will be given carte blanche to go in an crack down Tiananmen Square style. All the while crying that its conservatives that are causing the violence and racist confrontations.

Old 08-18-2020, 10:13 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
If posters don't believe the cities with a lot of problems are the ones that want to defund the police - maybe they'll believe this woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoEuCOfjTYQ
It looks like most of the people have already left that area as a ghost town. They have solved their problems by being smart enough to move the heck out of there, which should please conservatives since they think people shouldn't turn to government for help. So it would be a mistake to think poor people should turn to Republicans for help. Poor people gotta help themselves to get ahead in life. Thankfully, a good many actually do.

Old 08-18-2020, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Straw purchases are illegal. Not filing a police report for a stolen firearm is illegal. Buying firearms out of state then selling them to people without going through an FFL is illegal.
Are the police really going to do much in all of these cities where they are demonized by their own city Democrat leadership?

Old 08-19-2020, 12:06 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
When he was elected Trump talked about the all the crime and carnage in America's cities (crime was at a 50 year low then though) and said that HE ALONE COULD FIX IT.
I Wonder why he didn't fix it?????

Old 08-19-2020, 03:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That's why we need gun control.

Thanks for stressing that point for us.
We fought a Revolutionary War to prevent gun control. Adults protect themselves.

Old 08-19-2020, 05:29 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Shouldn't be any incidents , there are no guns, right ? I could care less what goes on over their, your government doesn't even trust you subjects with sharp pointy things.

My reply is to the dolts here, that think if we made guns illegal we would have no violence. The only reason I brought up your country is to show that violence exists everywhere. And the reality is ,if we could control just a few of our Democratically lead cities, our violence statistics would be on par with yours even with 300 million firearms in circulation. It is a violent criminal issue.
You could care less? So you do care then, this thing about knives is just bollox by the way, if you are interested in UK politics make sure you get your facts straight. The reality is murder rates in US cities are far higher than they are in their UK equivalents it's going to take more than just 'controlling' Democratically led cities.

Old 08-19-2020, 06:43 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Are the police really going to do much in all of these cities where they are demonized by their own city Democrat leadership?
I'm not the one calling for "gun control" or defunding the police. I want to see more police presence. I want to see criminals held accountable for the laws they break. I'm tired of seeing them plea bargained down. There should be no reason that individuals that have had multiple firearms felonies back out on the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies