Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 07:36 AM

25,725 posts, read 18,797,332 times

Advertisements

The video is a preview of what you can look forward to if you decide to vote Biden into office. (or at least the shell of the man who used to be Biden)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2020, 07:38 AM

376 posts, read 102,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
The only people who should care are the voters there. The voters there want this, who are we (unless one of us lives there), to complain, support, or say really anything about it?
Not true. We should all care and have a say, because what is going on there is what the Democrats have planned for the entire nation. This is the future they want and are working to achieve. They want the complete destruction of private business and want people to have no choice but to turn to the government for everything. Obama even gave a speech about this as the end goal back in his day.

Old 08-22-2020, 08:50 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
So apparently, Democrats idea to MAGA is to destroy most major USA cities. How much more proof is required to demonstrate that the left is totally and completely insane?

Old 08-22-2020, 09:10 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,123 times
Looks like New York might want to 'Reimagine' their PR Campaign:

Old 08-22-2020, 09:25 AM

335 posts, read 227,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
This is only for this era. In another era(25 to 30 years, maybe even less), NY will be booming again, and the city will be fine. I felt that way in the 70's when city was stuck in the rust. Lord and behold, I was right! NY bounced back after that. It definitely will do so this time around.
70s NY never bothered me. Wish I can buy an apartment now at triple 70s prices even with the problems of the of that era.
My concern in NYC is covid 19, anything then or now I can deal with.

Old 08-22-2020, 09:33 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,681,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
A friend of mine in NY told me things were much worse than what the MSM is showing the public, even in places like Manhattan.
While I believed him, I had no way of knowing to what extent things have gotten to.

He sent me this link of someone who did a video;

https://twitter.com/FortuneUSNews/st...08800013979648

It is hard to believe virtually every major store/shop is bordered up on his 4 minute drive, with some never to return.

`
What did you think losing 1/3 of the US GDP in one quarter meant? Business as usual? That's not just Manhattan, that's the whole country. The IRS is projecting 37 million fewer W-2 tax returns this year.

Trump has run the economy off a cliff. When it hits bottom, there won't even be any pieces to pick up.

Old 08-22-2020, 09:44 AM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
What did you think losing 1/3 of the US GDP in one quarter meant? Business as usual? That's not just Manhattan, that's the whole country. The IRS is projecting 37 million fewer W-2 tax returns this year.

Trump has run the economy off a cliff. When it hits bottom, there won't even be any pieces to pick up.
My goodness, would you be saying the exact same words if Hillary or some other Democrat was president when the Wuhan virus decimated the world economy?

Trump had the economy running strong and had eclipsed every dire prediction of the leftist economists. Then the virus hit the world.

Say what you will about Trumps personality, and we might even find some common ground there. However no fair minded person would blame him for the virus and the inevitable economic calamity that is following.

I can tell you this much. I'd rather have Trump in office to make a comeback, rather than the guy who was the VP when their "new normal" was going to be 1% growth.

`

Old 08-22-2020, 01:21 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine19 View Post
70s NY never bothered me. Wish I can buy an apartment now at triple 70s prices even with the problems of the of that era.
My concern in NYC is covid 19, anything then or now I can deal with.
As lousy the city was back then, I prefer it to today. Studio 54 was only a few stop on the subway train from dirt cheap apartments in Soho district. Train ride was only 80 Cents. No Studio 54 this time around and a lot fewer businesses, too.

Old 08-22-2020, 01:23 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
So we have to wait 25 years for ny to be nice wow
Unfortunately: it's the cycle, st#4pid.

Old 08-22-2020, 01:41 PM

335 posts, read 227,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
As lousy the city was back then, I prefer it to today. Studio 54 was only a few stop on the subway train from dirt cheap apartments in Soho district. Train ride was only 80 Cents. No Studio 54 this time around and a lot fewer businesses, too.
I don't remember if there were coops or condos then but a house may have be had cheaply. How much did apartments rent for then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies