Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 12:13 PM

88,979 posts, read 44,788,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You're guessing what she'll do.
No, I'm saying she's first pointing out the problem. Follow up ads can have suggestions for improvement.

As anyone who's ever had to solve a problem knows, IDENTIFYING the problem is step 1 in the process. In this case, and that of many other crime- and poverty-ridden cities, the problem is decades of Democrat leadership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 12:17 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Yep, that woman nailed it.

She's right. People like Schumer and Pelosi are terrified that more black folks are going to look up, look around, and stop buying all of the crap that the Dems are peddling in these types of muli-decade Dem controlled cites.

The BS has got to stop.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:18 PM

16,553 posts, read 10,611,270 times
Quote:
I just know fluff and glitter when I see it.

I applaud her energy.

Now. Let's hear her ideas and plan.
The first step in getting better is admitting that you have a problem. What Kim Klacik is doing in this ad is asking the people of Baltimore to take a look around them and, one, see that they have a problem; and two, connect that problem to the fact that they keep electing Democrats to run things.

She's not just an empty dress. She put out reasonably detailed policy positions during the primaries. I know this because I live in Maryland's 7th District, the one that she is seeking to represent. What a lot of people may not know is that this district, like most of the ones in Maryland, is heavily gerrymandered. It covers ruined slums in West Baltimore but also upscale suburban areas in Howard County. Granted, Howard County tends to be liberal. But my hope is that enough people in Howard County and in Baltimore City will see what damage the Democrats have done, and are doing, in Baltimore and nationwide; and decide to make a change.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:21 PM

25,704 posts, read 12,779,845 times
There isn't enough time in a TV ad to go in to solutions. Perhaps she'll do so in a follow up ad, but this 1st one was extremely powerful, and an ad like this could be made for nearly every Dem-controlled major city across America.

The Dems have decimated almost all of them...when given enough time.

The Dems have no way to defend it either.

Quote:
I was excited to see that, at the beginning. Woohoo, what's her plan, I thought.

I watched it twice. She had NOTHING to suggest as a solution. NOTHING. She just pointed out what a rat hole the community is, and noted the city was run by democrats.

I was hoping for something wise. Investment in black businesses? Concrete plan for excellence in schools? Encouraging ownership of buildings by the tenants themselves? Coalescing a group of leaders in each neighborhood to have monthly crime watch meetings?

Or . . . SOMETHING that would help.

I encourage anyone to watch this video, which appears compelling at first blush, and try to discern what this woman might do to make change. She is a gorgeous woman, with my gosh lovely legs and she walks well on those stiletto heels, too.

What's your plan, lady?

Old 08-18-2020, 12:21 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, I'm saying she's first pointing out the problem. Follow up ads can have suggestions for improvement.

As anyone who's ever had to solve a problem knows, IDENTIFYING the problem is step 1 in the process. In this case, and that of many other crime- and poverty-ridden cities, the problem is decades of Democrat leadership.
It would be great to have follow up ads.

We all know the problem.

She didn't identify the problem, which is hopelessness.

She just showed you a bunch of sh**ty buildings.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:22 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,842 times
Quote:
You're guessing what she'll do.

She didn't EVEN bother to mention specifically what policies had put the city in dire straights, that she would change.

She did touch on not defunding the police, but that's absolutely not what made Baltimore a hell hole. That defunding hasn't even happened yet, and Baltimore has been a sewer for decades.

I'm not a dem voter. I usually vote repubican in presidential elections.

I just know fluff and glitter when I see it.

I applaud her energy.

Now. Let's hear her ideas and plan.

what would YOURS be? and why havent you reached out to local leaders to discuss them? Or is it easier to criticize online as opposed to coming up with real solutions, there Claren? If you don't really care because it isn;t your city, Then why do you care enough to criticize?

Old 08-18-2020, 12:22 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
She has nice legs and going in the right direction but she is going to need some running shoes if she's going to survive in that town !!!

Thanks, I knew it was the shoes !!!

Last edited by phma; 08-18-2020 at 12:50 PM..

Old 08-18-2020, 12:23 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,711,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
She has nice legs and going in the right direction but she is going to need some running shoes if she's going to survive in that town !!!
She has zero chance, she lost the April 28 election to the democrat by 50 points. That is Cummings' old seat

Old 08-18-2020, 12:24 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
There isn't enough time in a TV ad to go in to solutions. Perhaps she'll do so in a follow up ad, but this 1st one was extremely powerful, and an ad like this could be made for nearly every Dem-controlled major city across America.

The Dems have decimated almost all of them...when given enough time.

The Dems have no way to defend it either.
I did it in 3 sentences.

No one is asking for detailed budgets and project plans at this point, but ideas.

Ownership by the tenants, better schools (with a plan of how to do that, like mention foundations that have promised to donate), and self-governed crime watch.

Would take about 8 seconds to say those kind of ideas.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:24 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
Surprised Twitter hasn’t taken that down or restricted it yet.
Moderators for US and World Forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies