U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 06:40 AM

74,689 posts, read 34,863,276 times

Advertisements

Powerful video:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1295461903268040707
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 07:45 AM

2,471 posts, read 628,445 times
Awesome and 100% correct! It's unfortunate the Republicans will not take advantage of this moment in time we are in. They should stop being wussies, get off their butts and join this woman.

Old 08-18-2020, 07:49 AM

1,207 posts, read 669,046 times
Great video.

Everyone in America needs to see this.

Should be a nation-wide commercial.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:49 PM

11,639 posts, read 3,434,885 times
This political advertisement is burning up the internet. This is the 3rd totally unrelated source I've seen it at today.

Its the best poltical advertisement I've ever seen.

President Trump, PLEASE make several ads just like it for Seattle, San Fran, NYC, and Minneapolis.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
This political advertisement is burning up the internet. This is the 3rd totally unrelated source I've seen it at today.

Its the best poltical advertisement I've ever seen.

President Trump, PLEASE make several ads just like it for Seattle, San Fran, NYC, and Minneapolis.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:58 PM

20,334 posts, read 7,942,901 times
I was excited to see that, at the beginning. Woohoo, what's her plan, I thought.

I watched it twice. She had NOTHING to suggest as a solution. NOTHING. She just pointed out what a rat hole the community is, and noted the city was run by democrats.

I was hoping for something wise. Investment in black businesses? Concrete plan for excellence in schools? Encouraging ownership of buildings by the tenants themselves? Coalescing a group of leaders in each neighborhood to have monthly crime watch meetings?

Or . . . SOMETHING that would help.

I encourage anyone to watch this video, which appears compelling at first blush, and try to discern what this woman might do to make change. She is a gorgeous woman, with my gosh lovely legs and she walks well on those stiletto heels, too.

What's your plan, lady?

Old 08-18-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I was excited to see that, at the beginning. Woohoo, what's her plan, I thought.

I watched it twice. She had NOTHING to suggest as a solution. NOTHING. She just pointed out what a rat hole the community is, and noted the city was run by democrats.

I was hoping for something wise. Investment in black businesses? Concrete plan for excellence in schools? Encouraging ownership of buildings by the tenants themselves? Coalescing a group of leaders in each neighborhood to have monthly crime watch meetings?

Or . . . SOMETHING that would help.

I encourage anyone to watch this video, which appears compelling at first blush, and try to discern what this woman might do to make change. She is a gorgeous woman, with my gosh lovely legs and she walks well on those stiletto heels, too.

What's your plan, lady?
Well, she sure as hell won't continue the Democrats' decades-long decrepitude and despair. That's what she's calling out. You have to get the knee-jerk always vote Dem voters to recognize the fact that same old, same old Dem leadership decade after decade after decade has made their lives worse, not better.

Old 08-18-2020, 01:07 PM

464 posts, read 119,018 times
I Just heard this on Limbaugh, I good video! Very detailed, and well made points. I think, much to the dismay of CNN/MSNBC/DNC, that Trump will get around 8-12 percent of the Black vote. Most of those will be Blue-Collar Black Males, Veterans, and Police Officers. *That'* is were the enroad is, Black Men in the above categories.

A 10 percent cut into Biden's African-American base, will DEVASTATE him in Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana and North Carolina. If Trump can do this AND hold his own base (Working Class Men and their wives). Biden will concede by midnight.

Old 08-18-2020, 01:08 PM

2,483 posts, read 802,021 times
Comments from Democrats? Crickets! Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Old 08-18-2020, 01:09 PM

20,334 posts, read 7,942,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Well, she sure as hell won't continue the Democrats' decades-long decrepitude and despair. That's what she's calling out. You have to get the knee-jerk always vote Dem voters to recognize the fact that same old, same old Dem leadership decade after decade after decade has made their lives worse, not better.
You're guessing what she'll do.

She didn't EVEN bother to mention specifically what policies had put the city in dire straights, that she would change.

She did touch on not defunding the police, but that's absolutely not what made Baltimore a hell hole. That defunding hasn't even happened yet, and Baltimore has been a sewer for decades.

I'm not a dem voter. I usually vote repubican in presidential elections.

I just know fluff and glitter when I see it.

I applaud her energy.

Now. Let's hear her ideas and plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies