Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 12:04 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Hunters father just happened to be the VP of the worlds most powerful nation with sole authority over ukraine policy. He could pick up the phone and ask any or all of the above entities including a few GOP players to bark on command.... as long as it hadnt blown up in anyones face yet.

But accusing Biden was not the motivation for the thread.

Why is it the media and democrats created a whole industry for three years of conspiracy theories and fake scandals about Trump but oh my god he says one thing about his opponent and its election interference... impeachment time.

Ridiculous.

Thats right russian collusion was a setup and they knew it. When muellers report came up short they doubled down and tried to get him to cough up something he didnt have. Due process was served and we STILL hear "russian asset" and "Putins Boy". How come intelligence agencies arent screaming disinformation about that? Because they want the old status quo of biden the career crook and obama clinton crony in the fold again.
Being "point man" for the administration doesn't equal "sole authority". You think Pence has "sole authority" over COVID-19 issues?

I will repeat this one last time - it's ALL OVER the Biden/Ukraine historical threads.

Biden was implementing public US Policy - it wasn't secret, it wasn't hidden. Everyone knew about it and everyone was on board. Including the international community at large. Biden had zero authority or ability to do anything to Ukraine of his own volition. It was Obama's policy decision. Period.

It was bad optics for Hunter to take that job, but he comes across as a selfish, egotistical prick, so I'm not surprised by his actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 12:07 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Of course it relies on that.

Nearly every government in the EU, WorldBank, the IMF, and the US government - including multiple GOP members of Congress were all chomping at the bit to get rid of Shokin. We're they all angling to get Hunter a cushy job?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
What else do they have? Trump's stellar record? We wouldn't be talking about Biden's unproven questionable acts in Ukraine if Trump's record was any good.

If anyone is desperate, Trump would be desperate to bring a Biden scandal to light. Whether it is legitimate or not. If they actually had anything close to a smoking gun, we'd already hear bout it. The longer they wait to announce drummed-up OR real charges on Biden, the more they are playing with fire.

If they had hard evidence on Biden, they'd flush it out right now. But if they wait, Trump supporters will be practicing their best acrobatics to explain why we should believe late announced charges into Biden when ultimately there were no charges brought against Clinton the last time this happened.

Honestly, if they are going to play this card and have legitimate evidence against Biden, I expect to hear it during or right after the DNC wraps up. Took the wind out of Biden's sails. The RNC will have a field day with it. That's the time to do it. If they have anything legit on Biden. If not, expect a dog and pony show in late October.
How would Trump bring a Biden scandal to light when they wont even give coverage to his creepy pedophile sounding stories or gaffes that reveal deeply ingrained racist sentiments.... poor kids as smart as white kids.... black and brown little girls.
Youre part of the coverup either actively or willful ignorance and youre arguing if there was evidence it would all have been exposed ...

Old 08-18-2020, 12:08 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
When the conspiracy theory relies on nearly the entire EU, two global banking entities, and even some Republican congress members to work, it simply doesn't work.

My answer would be 100% the same if we were talking about a Republican.
Quote:
Of course it relies on that.

Nearly every government in the EU, WorldBank, the IMF, and the US government - including multiple GOP members of Congress were all chomping at the bit to get rid of Shokin. We're they all angling to get Hunter a cushy job?
Quote:
So your answer is "Yep, they were all in on it.".

Noted.

Save the straw man...it's childish.

The job that Hunter Biden performed was to attach the name Biden to Burisma making it effectively off limits to both domestic and foreign investigators.

When Shokin didn't get the memo, Sr. Biden had to step in to enforce the "don't ask, don't tell" policy that Zlochevsky was paying for.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:10 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
Quote:
Being "point man" for the administration doesn't equal "sole authority". You think Pence has "sole authority" over COVID-19 issues?

I will repeat this one last time - it's ALL OVER the Biden/Ukraine historical threads.

Biden was implementing public US Policy - it wasn't secret, it wasn't hidden. Everyone knew about it and everyone was on board. Including the international community at large. Biden had zero authority or ability to do anything to Ukraine of his own volition. It was Obama's policy decision. Period.

It was bad optics for Hunter to take that job, but he comes across as a selfish, egotistical prick, so I'm not surprised by his actions.
Thats just ignorant joe himself claims this many times.

His son Hunter Biden’s lucrative contracts with Ukraine — at the same time the vice president was in charge of U.S. policy toward the country raised — raised the prospect of fueling a narrative with downside political risk for Biden.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-biden-1507051

Last edited by phinneas j. whoopee; 08-18-2020 at 12:22 PM..

Old 08-18-2020, 12:12 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, when I compare the two, Europe seems to be less dysfunctional at the moment, can't be that insane
That's certainly not how it looks from where I'm standing. Sure we have to deal with Democrats being unhinged and violent, but I'd take that over being a vassal to the EU and not having first or second amendment rights.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Thats just ignorant joe himself claims this many times.
Politicians claim a lot of things. Show me where a VP has the authority to dictate US foreign policy.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Save the straw man...it's childish.

The job that Hunter Biden performed was to attach the name Biden to Burisma making it effectively off limits to both domestic and foreign investigators.

When Shokin didn't get the memo, Sr. Biden had to step in to enforce the "don't ask, don't tell" policy that Zlochevsky was paying for.
No straw men here. Just logic.

Oh, "Shokin didn't get the memo", eh?

..."There was no pressure from anyone from the United States" to close the case against Zlochevskiy, Vitaliy Kasko, who was a deputy prosecutor-general under Shokin and is now first deputy prosecutor-general, told Bloomberg News in May. "It was shelved by Ukrainian prosecutors in 2014 and through 2015," he added...

...Activists say the case had been sabotaged by Shokin himself. As an example, they say two months before Hunter Biden joined Burisma's board, British authorities had requested information from Shokin's office as part of an investigation into alleged money laundering by Zlochevskiy. Shokin ignored them...

https://www.rferl.org/a/why-was-ukra.../30181445.html

Just go back and re-read all the threads from February. I'm done.

One thing we will absolutely agree on is that Burisma hired Hunter to attach the Biden name to their tarnished reputation in an attempt to bolster their perceived legitimacy. The same reason they hired the former President of Poland, Cofer Black, and countless (I'm sure) others.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:22 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Attempting to microwave the moulding corpse of this nothing burger I see

Old 08-18-2020, 12:27 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
That's certainly not how it looks from where I'm standing. Sure we have to deal with Democrats being unhinged and violent, but I'd take that over being a vassal to the EU and not having first or second amendment rights.
From where I am standing, it looks like the opposite. To me, except for a few exceptions, Republicans and Democrats are the same scum.
The rights enjoyed here in Europe are fine When we are talking about important rights, they are part of the human rights declaration, and that is in place in all EU countries.
While the EU is far from perfect, it is what its member countries make it. The vassal idea is wrong, the same lie Johnson used to coax people into the Brexit, putting it as if the EU were bad and oppressing the UK, when in reality the EU laws and regulations he was complaining about were made with the support from Britain since Brits could have vetoed anything they did not like.

Last edited by Neuling; 08-18-2020 at 12:55 PM..

Old 08-18-2020, 12:28 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
More conspiracy theories?

As if we don't have enough already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies