Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 01:32 PM

628 posts, read 209,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Terrible idea.

Most people in this country have little or no retirement savings. If they didn't have forced social security, they would have nothing.

"For many groups—lower-income, black, Hispanic, non-college-educated, and unmarried Americans—the typical working-age family or individual has no savings at all in retirement accounts, and for those that do have savings, the median balances in retirement accounts are very low (Figures 9–15)."

Source: https://www.epi.org/publication/reti...merica/#charts

Most Americans spend every dime they make. If they get a little more in their paycheck by eliminating SS deductions they'll just spend that too.
People aren't allowed the option. I don't give two ****s whether or not someone else has retirement savings. I am not ALLOWED BY LAW to put my social security withholding into my own investment choice and that's wrong. I should be allowed to choose and so should you. So should all the other idiots who are too stupid to invest in retirement. If they want to depend on SS, great, let them. I don't.

I'm going to pay in to social security my whole life and there's going to be nothing left in it when I retire to get any money back. My money is being stolen.

My options should not be limited because someone else is inept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2020, 01:38 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Some of you posters arguing that omitting facts to portray something differently than it really is isn't a lie, must have also believed Bill when he said it depends on what the word 'is' is.

Old 08-20-2020, 02:12 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_and_Sticks View Post
People aren't allowed the option. I don't give two ****s whether or not someone else has retirement savings. I am not ALLOWED BY LAW to put my social security withholding into my own investment choice and that's wrong. I should be allowed to choose and so should you. So should all the other idiots who are too stupid to invest in retirement. If they want to depend on SS, great, let them. I don't.

I'm going to pay in to social security my whole life and there's going to be nothing left in it when I retire to get any money back. My money is being stolen.

My options should not be limited because someone else is inept.
Sounds like your problem is with FDR, a democrat !!! He didn't care what you wanted !!!

Old 08-20-2020, 03:26 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I think Trump, Pompeo etc. are despicable a-holes, but I don't mind him getting reelected because a) Biden is also an unethical a-hole, and b) Trump is doing me a big favor, namely he is driving a wedge between the US and Europeans, and the longer that hostility goes on, the more Europeans will reject the US, and hopefully start to leave Nato in favor of an independent European defense, kick all remaining US troops out, focus on Asia etc.
I thank Trump for opening the eyes of even the most naive Europeans and destroying what was left of the American myth and reputation.

Have you ever considered what Putin would do to Europe if all the American troops left Europe and NATO?

Old 08-20-2020, 03:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Michelle Obama lied to the nation just like Susan Rice !!! Gets fact checked and outed !!!

Lies are the standard democrats put their faith in on the quest for power !!!

The people deserve nothing but the truth and the whole truth !!!

Michelle Obama's DNC address fact-checked by AP over 'distorted' immigration talking point
https://www.foxnews.com/media/michel...ked-kids-cages

The Associated Press fact-checked Michelle Obama's Democratic National Convention speech after she condemned Trump for using "cages" to house migrant children at the U.S.-Mexico border while failing to note that the same facilities were used during her husband's administration.

“Michelle Obama assailed President Donald Trump on Monday for ripping migrant children from their parents and throwing them into cages, picking up on a frequent and distorted point made widely by Democrats,” the AP reported.

“But what she did not say is that the very same ‘cages’ were built and used in her husband’s administration, for the same purpose of holding migrant kids temporarily.”

The AP then noted that photos famously circulated by Democrats “at the height of the controversy over Trump’s zero-tolerance policy at the border” were famously taken “in 2014 and depicted some of the thousands of unaccompanied children held by President Barack Obama.”
Michael's entire existence is a lie.

Old 08-20-2020, 06:00 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundRosenblum View Post
Very deep. What does that even mean?

And what does that mean for Melanie-a, considering she keeps copying Michelle Obama?
How so?

Did she stop wearing furs, if she actually wore them all the time, after Michelle was shamed into stopping wearing furs by the French first lady?
Was she "horrified" when Trump gave kids to traffickers? oh wait, that didn't happen, with Trump anyway.
Did she copy Michelle by marrying a man who wanted her ONLY because she was black? oh wait, that didn't happen to Melania.
Did she copy Michelle in hating this country until her husband became president?

What? How did she "keep" copying her, yanno, over and over?

Old 08-20-2020, 06:52 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
When you're falsely claiming political asylum when trying to enter the country for economic reasons, you are committing fraud. That's most of the "asylum" claimants.
Ok, but you dont get to do that preemptively, there is a process to deeming the application fraudulent.

Old 08-20-2020, 06:54 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_and_Sticks View Post
Trump was exercising his right to choose not to wear a mask while also advising that the public follow the CDC's guidelines to wear a mask in public.

The white house was NOT telling people not to wear masks.

Surely I'm not giving you too much credit by assuming you're smart enough to know the difference, right?
right leadership 101, "do as I say not as I do".

Old 08-21-2020, 10:36 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Have you ever considered what Putin would do to Europe if all the American troops left Europe and NATO?
Oh yes, I have. And I tell you what would happen: nothing. Why? Because US/Nato are the problem, not the solution. Russia is not ideological anymore, they have nothing to spread, their country is full of resources. As soon as we leave them alone, they will leave us alone.

You should start to challenge the views that have been instilled in your brain from childhood on, you know, Russia is evil, commies are evil, and all that nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundRosenblum View Post
Very deep. What does that even mean?

And what does that mean for Melanie-a, considering she keeps copying Michelle Obama?
From what I have heard and seen, Melania dislikes her husband, only waits for the end of the presidency to get a divorce. She doesn't sleep in the same bedroom as he, and turns away when he wants to touch her, even in public like recently when leaving an airplane. Her facial expressions also say everything.

Old 08-21-2020, 12:13 PM

131 posts, read 42,069 times
Most dems don’t give a crap about Russia...just an angle they take for political reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies