Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 06:50 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I would put all of these on the ban list during working hours. I don't care what politics you advocate for off of company time, but you shouldn't bring that into work. Any politically divisive messages can make the workplace tension rise and stifle any workplace cohesion that keeps the company running efficiently.

Of course. School and work are not places for clothing with political messages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2020, 07:00 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Of course. School and work are not places for clothing with political messages.
Agreed, nor are they places that should support racist groups like BLM or thugs like Antifa.

If they are going to support or allow support for BLM then they should allow support for Blue live matter..

Goodyear. I disagree with their policy as I did those like it where I used to work. While I complied for the most part, because it was my job. If people disagree with Goodyear, then I strongly encourage them to boycott all Goodyear products. They aren't the only tire manufacture available and certainly not the cheapest.

My vehicles came with Goodyear tires, but I absolutely won't be replacing them with Goodyears. I just changed the tires on my car 2 days ago. Michelin makes an acceptable and possibly better tire. So does Bridgestone, TOYO and others.

I refuse to support any company that supports and or endorses racist orgs like BLM.

Old 08-19-2020, 07:01 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Based on how many companies plastered BLM support messages on their websites, emails to all past customers, social media, etc your shopping options must be getting pretty thin if trying to boycott those that support.
Not really. Pick one and boycott it. If enough people do it, it sends a loud message.

Old 08-19-2020, 07:14 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
As a fairly political person in my time off work, I do see a certain wisdom in a company policy saying people need to be as apolitical as possible when on the clock, even if that means there are restrictions on being political in a way I would personally agree with. I'm not saying that's going to stop employees from having their "save the world" chats during their lunch break, or that that even should happen, but just keep blatant political displays and behavior out of the workplace.

Because once that door is allowed to open, if a new CEO/manager steps in with pretty strong ideas themselves about what should make the world tick, then what if the accepted political statements change to something not agreeable with some or all of the employees, and it just causes unnecessary rifts in teamwork and company culture? People are already kind of pushed together and navigating good relationships with people with personality differences, and different backgrounds. Adding politics to that can cause way too much drama.
Holy cow I can't believe they tried this, 100% agree.

That's utterly unprofessional and ridiculous.

This is going to kick goodyear right in the treads.

Old 08-19-2020, 07:30 PM

17,604 posts, read 17,635,928 times
A better policy is no political nor social message clothing. My company has this policy. Only non-uniform messages approved are the university and sports teams that are partnered with our facility. You can wear your message on your vehicle and you can wear messaging clothing on your off time but not on company time.

Old 08-19-2020, 07:33 PM

17,604 posts, read 17,635,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Agreed, nor are they places that should support racist groups like BLM or thugs like Antifa.

If they are going to support or allow support for BLM then they should allow support for Blue live matter..

Goodyear. I disagree with their policy as I did those like it where I used to work. While I complied for the most part, because it was my job. If people disagree with Goodyear, then I strongly encourage them to boycott all Goodyear products. They aren't the only tire manufacture available and certainly not the cheapest.

My vehicles came with Goodyear tires, but I absolutely won't be replacing them with Goodyears. I just changed the tires on my car 2 days ago. Michelin makes an acceptable and possibly better tire. So does Bridgestone, TOYO and others.

I refuse to support any company that supports and or endorses racist orgs like BLM.
If you’re boycotting Goodyear then keep in mind they also own Dunlap, Kelly, and Douglas tires. Our tires are Bridgestone because of the quality of the local Bridgestone/Firestone tire shop. The management at our local shop is very helpful and honest.

Old 08-19-2020, 07:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
https://www.wistv.com/2020/08/18/goo...iscriminatory/

Ah well vote with your wallets folks!

Based on the Goodyear response, the slide is a hoax- not created by Goodyear and not a part of diversity training.

Maybe an employee was pissed he/ she had to sit through diversity training or was told to take off political spirit wear or maybe it was seeded by Goodyear’s competition or a Super Pac. Does not take skill to create a Power Point slide, snap a picture and post it on social media.

Instead of having one of his 2 million employees call Goodyear with and inquiry, Trump chose to engage in knee jerk cancel culturing.

Says more about Trump than Goodyear.

Old 08-19-2020, 07:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
A better policy is no political nor social message clothing. My company has this policy. Only non-uniform messages approved are the university and sports teams that are partnered with our facility. You can wear your message on your vehicle and you can wear messaging clothing on your off time but not on company time.
Agree.

Anything else becomes a slippery slope.

Old 08-19-2020, 07:45 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
I heard Trump cancelled his Goodyear motorcade tire purchases because Goodyear's management forbade their employees from wearing MAGA hats.

Old 08-19-2020, 07:54 PM

4,505 posts, read 1,861,401 times
This will hurt them. Unlike many Nike buyers, many people in the market for name brand tires have jobs and pay taxes and have no tolerance for BLM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies