Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 04:04 PM

17,364 posts, read 14,613,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
It’s probably 350,000 fake accounts. Let’s be real here. Using that as a metric is grasping.
Nah.

There are a ton of personal stories on there - new people consistently post on the page and in their group all the dang time.

It's pretty interesting - you should take a look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Wonderful lady. Been together for 37 years.

Maybe you should ask women what they think, instead of making an assumption for them. Like Trump did.

I don't know about the No Malarkey Bus, but Trump is sending out a pink bus to reach out to 'Suburban Housewives'.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-harris-394493

Yeah that'll resonate well. Makes you wonder what Einstein is in charge of his outreach.
I can tell you with 100% certainty I know more about women and what they think than you do.

Old 08-19-2020, 04:17 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Nah.

There are a ton of personal stories on there - new people consistently post on the page and in their group all the dang time.

It's pretty interesting - you should take a look.
Haven’t been on Facebook in a while now. Trailer park of the internet.

Old 08-19-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Haven’t been on Facebook in a while now. Trailer park of the internet.
Then you have zero room to say that those accounts are all fake.

Thanks for playing. Bye.

Old 08-19-2020, 04:22 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Why are you so dazzled by "prominent?" Do average Americans not count in your reckoning?
I’m not dazzled. I’m pointing out that your point is invalid because it is off topic/a deflection from the point of the thread.

Quote:
I thought Democrats were supposed to be for the little guy, but it seems now they only care about the "big names."
I’m not a Democrat, nor a Biden supporter/voter.

Not liking Trump, and feeling he doesn’t have the character to deserve a vote to be reelected, doesn’t make me anything other than someone who feels that way (I feel the same way about Biden, albeit re an election rather than reelection).

Everything isn’t ‘Us vs. Them’.

Old 08-19-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Why would they need to be "prominent" ?

Does their vote count more than anyone else ?
The OP is asking a question.

If you don’t like the OP’s question, then don’t answer it. The OP isn’t asking for your unrelated (above ^^) ‘two cents’.

All your (and others) unrelated ‘two cents’ reveals is your individual and collective butt hurt over non Democrats publicly supporting Biden rather than Trump.

Old 08-19-2020, 04:36 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
If it were really true that there were mass Democrat defections you would expect to see that reflected in prominent/powerful members of the party. However we observe the opposite happening. Logic. Any one can AstroTurf a few hundred thousand anonymous/faked up bot social media accounts with money and the desire to do so. Little bit harder to get public figures on the record as swapping sides.

Old 08-19-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
So ordinary people don't count? You should know that there are far more ordinary people that vote than there are prominent people. I can tell you that a very LARGE portion of those who plan to vote for Trump will not openly admit it due to the harassment, violence, shunning and threats to ruin their lives and careers. They call themselves "the silent majority". I believe they have a FaceBook page too.
It’s irrelevant to the thread. The OP asked for examples of prominent people. The only logical reason that you and others have an issue with the OP using the word prominent is being butt hurt about prominent non Democrats who have now defected to Biden.

Old 08-19-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Jeff Van Drew is from NJ. I know how "confused" Trumpies get about all of those Blue States!

‘You must spread some reputation around before giving it to TheEmissary again.

Old 08-19-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It’s irrelevant to the thread. The OP asked for examples of prominent people. The only logical reason that you and others have an issue with the OP using the word prominent is being butt hurt about prominent non Democrats who have now defected to Biden.
If I was a prominent dem who flipped to Trump, there is no way on God's green earth that I would publicly announce it.

Why? The left has gone certifiably bananas.

They post your home address and phone number on social media.

They threaten your family.

Show up at your house at 2am with bullhorns.

They try and get you fired or banned or blackballed.

No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies