Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 01:44 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well let's see.

There's Kanye West and that Dr. Karlyn woman.

But I can't think of any prominent democrats who now support Trump who appear to be free of mental illness.
Are you saying that Dr. Karlyn woman is mentally ill? Geez! I've watched a few of her videos and she's anything but that. Believe it or not, many people think Democrats who support the party after they nominated a man suffering from dementia and support BLM when their leaders are claiming looting is reparations and wanting defunding of police must be insane. I don't think insane, just...well, you don't want to know what I think. It's not very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2020, 01:49 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Or even real? Hundreds of thousands of bots more likely. I have never spoken to anyone irl who has heard of “walk away”.
The WalkAway movement has been around since early 2017. They've had dozens of rally's and conferences. The thing is, like a lot of topics, CNN, MSNBC, etc. will not air the stories if it doesn't fit their narrative. The founder of WalkAway has been interviewed numerous times by FOX, OANN and tons of radio stations but it's crickets at CNN and MSNBC. Curious, have you heard of the Blexit and Lexit movements?

Old 08-19-2020, 01:57 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
The WalkAway movement has been around since early 2017. They've had dozens of rally's and conferences. The thing is, like a lot of topics, CNN, MSNBC, etc. will not air the stories if it doesn't fit their narrative. The founder of WalkAway has been interviewed numerous times by FOX, OANN and tons of radio stations but it's crickets at CNN and MSNBC. Curious, have you heard of the Blexit and Lexit movements?
OANN? Lol.

Old 08-19-2020, 02:03 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
It's actually kind of funny but the suburban housewife thing didn't offend me at all. Sure, I do work and have a very high paying career but I also do take care of my family. Meh, it just didn't bother me. Now, when HRC said that I voted based upon who my husband, boss, brother, son told me to vote for, THAT was offensive as was her calling millions of Americans deplorable. I was on the fence between Johnson and Trump until she said that and ended up voting for Trump. I think that stunt actually pushed a lot over to Trump if for no other reason than to tell HRC F-You. I actually told my hubby who to vote for because he hates doing the research to find out where politicians actually stand on the issues vs. where they say they stand.
That comment infuriated my wife. She holds a masters degree, works and is the 'mom' of the house. It literally incensed her.

Her mother was a 'suburban housewife' and tended after Dad's every need. He was an awesome guy, but he was born of the greatest generation (fought in WW2 etc). His opinion was 'a woman's place...' .

That mentality did not sit well with my wife or brother in law.

We dated in high school, and I would go over to her house after school and 'mom' would always fix me an early dinner or have my favorite stuff ready. I was a latchkey kid- my mom worked. I was totally BLOWN AWAY by the servitude.

So yeah- there are a lot of women that took offense to it. It lit up my wife's FB page like a Christmas tree. Bad, bad choice of words. Totally disjointed from reality.

Old 08-19-2020, 02:04 PM

376 posts, read 102,992 times
There is a movement called #WalkAway for disenfranchised Democrats. Not sure if they are all pro Trump, but they are definitely tired of the Democratic Party.

#WalkAway

Old 08-19-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
OANN? Lol.
You laugh but at least they have reported on it. It is a legit movement that has been gaining steam regardless of you not having any knowledge of it. The group has been so supportive and positive in a world that's turned so negative and nasty. It's actually pretty refreshing.

Old 08-19-2020, 02:07 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
There is a litany of Republicans that have left Trumpism and endorsed Biden. Where are the so called 'Demoncrats' that have crossed over to Trump?

Any?

Kasich- a lifelong Republican in a swing state like Ohio.
Powell- a serving DoD Chairman under a Republican president.
The former 'Mad Dog'- breaking away.

An entire armada of former GOP officials supporting break-away groups.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-tr...den-president/

So where are the Democrat defectors? I hear clamor about them- but I don't see them, I don't know them, and I don't see any reflection in the pols.

Where are they?
You would have to be mentally ill to support Trump, while a few true patriots see what a nut job he is and now support the democrats

Old 08-19-2020, 02:08 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Bet a few condo owners in downtown Seattle where I work have thought about it.

Old 08-19-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
That comment infuriated my wife. She holds a masters degree, works and is the 'mom' of the house. It literally incensed her.

Her mother was a 'suburban housewife' and tended after Dad's every need. He was an awesome guy, but he was born of the greatest generation (fought in WW2 etc). His opinion was 'a woman's place...' .

That mentality did not sit well with my wife or brother in law.

We dated in high school, and I would go over to her house after school and 'mom' would always fix me an early dinner or have my favorite stuff ready. I was a latchkey kid- my mom worked. I was totally BLOWN AWAY by the servitude.

So yeah- there are a lot of women that took offense to it. It lit up my wife's FB page like a Christmas tree. Bad, bad choice of words. Totally disjointed from reality.
I guess we women don't always think the same way. My aunts and grandmother were the types of housewives you described, catered to their husbands every need. My grandfather cherished my grandmother and highly respected her for her ability to "hold down the fort" with 7 kids while he worked 12-16 hour days. He treated her like a queen not a servant. I did have an uncle that had that "woman's place" attitude but he was a total jerk in every way. My husband is retired now and the kiddos are gone. I still work long hours so he's taken over most of the domestic duties and I very much appreciate him for it. I'll have to ask if he's offended by the "house husband" term. LOL

Old 08-19-2020, 02:14 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
How many prominent Democrats have crossed over to Trump? Anyone?

Can't think of anyone stupid enough to do such an insane thing.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies