Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 08:03 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Transcript here - An Update on My Health: It’s a Roller Coaster

I try to remain committed to the idea what’s supposed to happen, will happen when it’s meant to. I mentioned at the outset of this — the first day I told you — that I have personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

It is of immense value, strength, confidence, and that’s why I’m able to remain fully committed to the idea that what is supposed to happen will happen when it’s meant to. There’s some comfort in knowing that some things are not in our hands. There’s a lot of fear associated with that, too, but there is some comfort. It’s helpful… God, is it helpful. It’s helpful to be able to trust and to believe in a higher plan.

This is a salient part of his account from yesterday.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:29 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
I tend to think Limbaugh's statement is his way of bowing out of his daily show now.

It's better to be up-front about this when Rush has contractual obligations that could force him to appear on-air. Now that is prognosis is out in the open, his network won't be able to force him into doing a show from a hospital bed or something.
It allows Rush a little dignity, too.

His show is supremely important to him, so if he feels good enough to do one, he will.
I don't think he has very long to go though; he's probably already held off announcing his condition longer than he should have because he wants to keep the show going so much.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:54 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
They don't know how.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:56 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Oh no! Some random Clinton official that no one has heard of in over 20 years said something questionable! Whatever shall we do?! The horror!

Old 10-20-2020, 12:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, "terminal" is indeed a setback in prognosis.

I don't wish ill on people even if I didn't like their broadcast or views.
I have never wished death to anyone except maybe a person on death row who is a serial or gross out murderer. I am still wondering how anyone can possibly not sympathize with a person who is dieing, especially from a painful death. Anyone who feels this way is just plain not worth the powder it would take to blow them off the earth!!!!

Old 10-20-2020, 05:54 PM

6,828 posts, read 14,036,923 times
I would never wish death on anyone and truly wish the best for Rush. Having said this...he has said somethings that lack class in every since of the word. The term "you reap what you sow" comes to mind. He will have too answer to god not me.

Old 10-20-2020, 06:18 PM

622 posts, read 410,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Oh no! Some random Clinton official that no one has heard of in over 20 years said something questionable! Whatever shall we do?! The horror!
It is ridiculous to rationalize or excuse actions that are just plain obnoxious. I don't care if the person saying such an ungracious thing is liberal or conservative.

I have never listened to RL but as a human being I wish him well ....... and if he is terminal, I hope that he does not suffer and has a peaceful end.

Old 10-20-2020, 07:39 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I would never wish death on anyone and truly wish the best for Rush. Having said this...he has said somethings that lack class in every since of the word. The term "you reap what you sow" comes to mind. He will have too answer to god not me.
That would go to any political talk show hosts, syndicated columnist, news reporters (nowadays)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies