Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 10:00 AM

256 posts, read 87,088 times

Advertisements

Why would he do this in swing state that he needs for his election? Goodyear is a major employer in Akron, employing 50,000 in the Akron/Canton area. Is he trying to lose Ohio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2020, 10:52 AM

334 posts, read 170,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Honestly, even worse:

Black Lives Matter: good

All Lives Matter: bad
Wow, didn’t notice that even All Lives Matter is banned.

It is still surprising how quickly the corporations fell for this Marxist dogma.

Old 08-20-2020, 10:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
So they can't wear MAGA hats but they can wear BLM hats while in a LGBTQ march? Sounds like some BS they'd pull in Seattle. Like you said... pure leftism. I can see where it would strike a nerve... but still wouldn't influence my vote even if I lived in Ohio... and I actually just put a set on Goodyears on both my Tucson and my Challenger.

#TRUMP2020

Only in Trumplandia would someone attempt making the inane comparison between wearing something at work and while in a protest march.

Old 08-20-2020, 11:28 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times
Trump involving himself in private companies yet again. When will they finally arrest this man and send him to jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
He got huffy after watching a Fox News Report about a Goodyear employee complaining about a policy to ban workers from wearing clothing at work that was political in nature, such as MAGA hats, while allowing expressions of racial or sexual identity. Biden caps are not allowed either.

Not sure that boycotting a large company headquartered in Akron, Ohio is politically smart less than three months from the election. If he loses Ohio or Florida, he’s dead.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...143427710.html

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ire-ban-398469
Not if he takes New York and California!

Old 08-20-2020, 11:34 AM

334 posts, read 170,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Only in Trumplandia would someone attempt making the inane comparison between wearing something at work and while in a protest march.
And making an inane comparison between wearing something in a protest march and wearing the same thing at work is acceptable.

The workplace is the workplace not a protest site.

Old 08-20-2020, 11:48 AM

18,435 posts, read 8,268,923 times
“Black Lives Matter” and “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride” were considered acceptable. Listed under the “unacceptable” section were “Blue Lives Matter,” “All Lives Matter,” “MAGA Attire” and “Political Affiliated Slogans or Material.”

“Black Lives Matter” and “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride”...are all political

Old 08-20-2020, 12:00 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Boycotts are stupid but when the democrats propose one the targeted company usually folds quickly.
I guess Trump thinks what is good for the goose is good for the gander but then again Conservatives are generally not that worked up on issues until they really hit home like trying to take away gun Rights or opening the door for perverts to go into the ladies room. Democrats on the other hand can get worked up and act like a army of ants intent on making a mess of something they deem offensive.

Case in point, when the CEO of Goya actually attended a WH ceremony and said positive things about Trump. There were calls to boycott Goya foods. I think the majority saw how stupid that was so it never took off.

Boycotts are dumb. I remember a time, not that long ago in America where people were individuals that spoke with their money by not going to a business that they did not appreciate but of course everything is so politicized these days that the MOB needs to make everyone PAY when they dare to step outside what is allowed such as going to the Trump WH.

Old 08-20-2020, 12:38 PM

7,144 posts, read 4,738,653 times
Left can dish it out but can’t take their own MO when it boomerangs. Typical. These tactics were their original playbook so deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies