Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 09:33 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,446,358 times

Advertisements

Conservatives can't decide if liberals are liars pushing a big hoax or now apparently mass murderers who aren't doing enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2020, 09:34 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
After the Liberals admit they were all wrong, we'll move on to the next topic they'll get all wrong...thatis what they do...get nearly everything wrong.

The study you link to, is not the same as the OP's claim. One has to do with treatment, the other has to do with prevention. Link fail.
Care to address the 5 clinical trials from around the globe - that dealt with treatment - which all showed no measurable benefit from HCQ? You know, the studies that Admiral Giroir talked about? You remember Adm Giroir, don't you?

The University of Minn clinical trial that I linked to earlier in the thread also dealt with treatment, not prevention.

Old 08-20-2020, 09:46 AM

57,238 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I'm convinced that this drug.....
1. works if given early
2. is being politicized by the democrats for their own selfish purposes.
You might be convinced but there are no controlled trials to support this, doctors posting anecdotes based on their personal experiences is not scientific.

Old 08-20-2020, 09:48 AM

57,238 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
You are the one who clicked on this thread.......
I can't help watching train wrecks.

Old 08-20-2020, 09:48 AM

6,098 posts, read 2,720,244 times
Yep those 170k people that Trump neglected could of been saved by his unproven malaria drug

Besides I thought covid was a big hoax according to the righties make up your minds.

Old 08-20-2020, 09:52 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Yep those 170k people that Trump neglected could of been saved by his unproven malaria drug

Besides I thought covid was a big hoax according to the righties make up your minds.
When world leaders get sick from Covid19, they have access to any drug on this planet, and they choose HCQ + antibiotics + zinc.

Meanwhile, there is a strong push in this country to market remdesivir, a drug developed for ebola, to treat covid19. A drug that only US manufacturers can produce and is very expensive, and some studies out of China show it had very little to no effect.

Old 08-20-2020, 09:59 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
When world leaders get sick from Covid19, they have access to any drug on this planet, and they choose HCQ + antibiotics + zinc.

Meanwhile, there is a strong push in this country to market remdesivir, a drug developed for ebola, to treat covid19. A drug that only US manufacturers can produce and is very expensive, and some studies out of China show it had very little to no effect.

I can only find one world leader, Mr Bolsonaro of Brazil, whom was infected and admitted to taking hydroxychloroquine. Of course, President Trump claimed that he took the drug as a preventative.

Here is what I found:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a9607071.html

Old 08-20-2020, 10:54 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
AND I know someone who was given the drug. She was never hospitalized.

She wasn't that sick.

She was 89 years old, has a history of respiratory issues, strong heart. She tested positive and had mild symptoms of COVID and was given the drug with the Zpack

No liberal stopped her from getting the drugs.
She took them and was fine.
Sure. Most people have mild symptoms and take an aspirin and recover. In some minds this means Aspirin cures Covid.

Old 08-20-2020, 11:02 AM

25,712 posts, read 12,786,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Care to address the 5 clinical trials from around the globe - that dealt with treatment - which all showed no measurable benefit from HCQ? You know, the studies that Admiral Giroir talked about? You remember Adm Giroir, don't you?

The University of Minn clinical trial that I linked to earlier in the thread also dealt with treatment, not prevention.
This Yale study is good enough for me. It's legit.

Old 08-20-2020, 11:57 AM

17,780 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure. Most people have mild symptoms and take an aspirin and recover. In some minds this means Aspirin cures Covid.
It's interesting that we hear about all the people who took Hydroxychloroquine and got better. But we never hear about the ones who took it and died.

We never heard about whether Herman Cain took it. Of course he died so we aren't ever going to know. Had he gotten better we certainly would have.

And as big an advocate as Herman Cain was of Hydroxychloroquine I'd say there is a way better than 50/50 chance he was on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies