Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 09:40 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Nope.
Here is what I said that you are saying "Nope" to: "Governor Whitmer when she wasn't busy sticking Covid patients into nursing homes, she was threatening lawsuits against any doctor who prescribed HCQ for Covid..."

Which facts are you denying?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...es/5558640002/

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...ce/2922272001/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What does this have to do with nursing home deaths, are you on the wrong thread, but since you bring it up it has been a problem nationwide in every state. Nationwide nursing home deaths are around 40%, just singling out democratic governors for criticism is just partisan nonsense with 68,000 deaths to date nationwide.

There have been multiple clinical trials using it as both preventative and for those with symptoms. Yet we have one more "I found a doctor that says it works" thread.
You said that patients can still get it prescribed to them.

Can patients still get it prescribed to them when Gretchen "Death by Executive Order" Whitmer (D) declared that she would prosecute and take away the license of doctors that prescribe HCQ for Covid?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...ce/2922272001/

P.S. Can you comprehend the difference between giving someone a medication early on versus late when the sickness is severe? The Democrat allied media seems to be incapable of this little nuance.

"Studies are showing positive results if HCQ is given early on to a Covid patient."

"Derp...a study showed it wasn't effective if given late and the patient already had severe complications....orange man bad...derp."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2020, 09:42 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Here is what I said that you are saying "Nope" to: "Governor Whitmer when she wasn't busy sticking Covid patients into nursing homes, she was threatening lawsuits against any doctor who prescribed HCQ for Covid..."

Which facts are you denying?...
Read the actual EO - there was no threat to doctors prescribing HCQ for COVID. Some op-ed is not "fact", as you should know.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Read the actual EO - there was no threat to doctors prescribing HCQ for COVID. Some op-ed is not "fact", as you should know.
She literally said in a press conference that she would seek to prosecute and take away licenses from doctors who prescribed HCQ for Covid Patients.

You should be smart enough to answer this question:

Whitmer saying the above ______ doctors to prescribe HCQ to Covid patients.

(A) Encouraged

(B) Discouraged

https://news.yahoo.com/michigan-gove...024111454.html

But she said "Orange Man Bad" in that same speech so we can overlook the death and destruction of her reign.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
She literally said in a press conference that she would seek to prosecute and take away licenses from doctors who prescribed HCQ for Covid Patients.

You should be smart enough to answer this question:

Whitmer saying the above ______ doctors to prescribe HCQ to Covid patients.

(A) Encouraged

(B) Discouraged

https://news.yahoo.com/michigan-gove...024111454.html

But she said "Orange Man Bad" in that same speech so we can overlook the death and destruction of her reign.
Read. The. Actual. EO.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Read. The. Actual. EO.
You honestly don't think that a governor doing a press conference threatening lawsuits and the loss of their career if a doctor prescribes HCQ has any impact on doctors prescribing it?

There is no way that you are this unintelligent. Don't be so hyper-partisan.

Old 08-21-2020, 10:55 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
The ongoing media campaign to prohibit use of HCQ in order to preserve maximum Big Pharma profits (and to spite Trump as a side-benefit) is a crime against humanity. Had I not watched it happen, I would have sworn this could not happen in the United States with so much scientific evidence for its effectiveness. Considering the thousands (or tens of thousands) of lives that have been & will be lost by the totally unwarranted prohibition against HCQ (when nothing else works, regardless of cost), this deception merits the Death Penalty for the key players who orchestrated this demonstrably false propaganda (with Dr. Fauci, the Big Pharma mouthpiece, being the #1 War Criminal).

A number of physicians and medical professionals have been following the research on potential medications for COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic, posting their reviews & analyses of many treatments but particularly HCQ + zinc. They pointed out the strengths & weaknesses of the studies, explained the methodologies, and filled in the medical background information needed to fully understand whether the studies were strong or weak, valid or riddled with errors, and whether the results were consistent with other studies on the same treatment.

All of the medical professionals I followed were openly puzzled when the two infamous anti-HCQ "studies" were published in The Lancet and the New England Journal of Medicine. It was obvious from the start that the studies were so pathetically unscientific that something was going on. By the time it was revealed that the studies had actually FAKED the data and the medical journals officially retracted them, all of us had all lost faith in both the medical journals themselves, as well as the medical system that produced propaganda that was thinly disguised as medical research. Unfortunately, the faked data gave the excuse needed for the CDC, NIH, FDA, and the WHO to instantly prohibit use of HCQ - and since this was exactly what Big Pharma wanted, all the valid scientific studies that proved HCQ as both safe and effective that continued to pile up were simply ignored.

Every single legitimate study (over 60 to date) has proven HCQ with Zinc, given early, is effective both as a treatment for COVID-19, and as a prophylactic. HCQ has been used worldwide for over 60 years, with an incredible safety record (plus not a single death related to the supposed "heart problems" that figured so prominently in getting HCQ removed from use). On the other hand, the much-touted Remdisivir is a failed HIV-drug with such numerous, dangerous and debilitating side effects that a significant percentage of the COVID-19 patients had to stop taking it (which isn't surprising, considering so few people have ever taken it). The dangerous side effects might be ignored if Remdisivir was an effective treatment of COVID-19, but it proved challenging to find any benefit to using it - eventually settling on a statistical fluke from the small sample size & claiming it reduced the number of days of hospitalization required (which was NOT the study's criteria for success).

The 2 faked studies that were published and then retracted by The Lancet and the New England Journal of Medicine were just the start of the propaganda campaign to prohibit using the cheap generic drug HCQ in favor of a high-profit "new" drug that would maxize profits to Big Pharma. Unfortunately, none of the "new" medications so far have any significant benefit (not to mention Remdisivir requires a series of hospital infusions, further inflating the extreme cost). Subsequently, a whole series of unscientific studies claimed to "prove" HCQ didn't work and/or was dangerous, with every single one so seriously flawed (only giving it to the patients who were already dying on a ventilator; not giving zinc at all; etc.) that it was patently obvious they existed only to push the false narrative.

There is only ONE reason to PROHIBIT HCQ, and to wage such an overwhelming propaganda war against it. If it didn't work, nobody would use it. But because it does work, it threatens to deprive Big Pharma of significant amounts of potential windfall profit - and that WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
That is a really long post but you didn’t provide one published clinical trial to support your opinion, just big pharma conspiracy theories. Did you know there is published research that indicates it’s ineffective.

Old 08-21-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
You honestly don't think that a governor doing a press conference threatening lawsuits and the loss of their career if a doctor prescribes HCQ has any impact on doctors prescribing it?

There is no way that you are this unintelligent. Don't be so hyper-partisan.
Have you read the EO, yet?

I'm not hyper-partisan, I'm an independent. I didn't vote for Whitmer because I was in NC at the time, so I have no dog in that fight, either.

Oh, and I voted for Pat McCrory in NC (both times) because I thought he did a great job as mayor of Charlotte. He wasn't quite so great as Governor, unfortunately.

Old 08-21-2020, 11:22 AM

4,507 posts, read 4,045,228 times
I'm pretty sure I know how democrat voters explain this to themselves - "I'm evil and I hate humanity"

Old 08-21-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
I'm pretty sure I know how democrat voters explain this to themselves - "I'm evil and I hate humanity"
I'm pretty sure I know how Trump voters explain this to themselves - "I really, really, want Trump to be right, therefore, it works - in spite of all the evidence to the contrary."

Old 08-21-2020, 01:06 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,045,228 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I know how Trump voters explain this to themselves - "I really, really, want Trump to be right, therefore, it works - in spite of all the evidence to the contrary."
I think people want it to be right, so that it saves lives. I think you confirmed my statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies