Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 03:29 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Show me the man i will show you the crime.

Mantra of the Stalinists.

alive and well today. There is no probable cause to go after Trumps tax returns. they are doing this because he is President and a republican. Period.

Yeah, I mean its not like the man ever ran a scam university, or stole from his charity....oh wait.....yes he has.

And they're investigating crimes. They have actual predicates that are causing this to occur. Its not some political witchhunt. Its just a guy who committed some crimes trying to keep them from ever seeing the light of day.

Old 08-20-2020, 03:30 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Bank fraud is my guess

Old 08-20-2020, 03:32 PM

1,711 posts, read 808,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Truth.

I was once a contractor with just a Secret level clearance and I had to allow access to my tax returns as part of the process. I don't see why the chief executive shouldn't have to do the same.
I was a fed employee for 32 years with TS/SCI clearance and was never once asked for my tax return.

Probably your contractors requirement, implemented for their own reasons.

Old 08-20-2020, 03:34 PM

17,798 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I wouldn't want everyone I know seeing my tax returns either, and I haven't done anything illegal.

You know, and I know, and I am sure HE knows, that the dems will pick it apart just for the election, and whether there is anything illegal in there or not, they will still shine a negative light on everything he has ever done, just like they always do when it comes to him. By the time it is sorted out what is actually true or false, it won't matter anymore. The election will be over by then, and the left will have had their (false?) narrative.

It is a no-win situation for him.
Well maybe he shouldn't have said on multiple occasions that he would release them.

Old 08-20-2020, 03:34 PM

190 posts, read 75,179 times
Saying the Dems want to pick apart Trump’s tax returns with the election looming is irrelevant when he’s refused to disclose them from day 1.

Presidents before Trump had no problem giving up their tax information. What makes it ok for him not to?

We know it would review the hush money payments made to the sluts he’s been with(and he’s lied about) Now there’s a 3rd Russian **** he use to see in Russia that has popped up.

Old 08-20-2020, 03:37 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
In what part of the constitution does it say your tax returns arent public information?

Turns out if we wanted, we could just make them all a public record. I think it would make us a better country if we did to be honest.
How? Like there aren't enough jealous people as it is? What possible good would come from that?

Old 08-20-2020, 03:39 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Well maybe he shouldn't have said on multiple occasions that he would release them.
LOL. He says a lot of crazy stuff, doesn't he?

Old 08-20-2020, 03:40 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I don't know what secret the Democrats think lies in Trump's tax returns.

I would never show anyone mine at that level either--nobody's business.

They've got him now! LOL
If you have a clue about tax returns, you know there is absolutely nothing in there that helps any criminal investigation.

His returns probably get audited at least every other year by the IRS. People in that tax bracket gets lots of audits.

Old 08-20-2020, 03:42 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I wouldn't want everyone I know seeing my tax returns either, and I haven't done anything illegal.

You know, and I know, and I am sure HE knows, that the dems will pick it apart just for the election, and whether there is anything illegal in there or not, they will still shine a negative light on everything he has ever done, just like they always do when it comes to him. By the time it is sorted out what is actually true or false, it won't matter anymore. The election will be over by then, and the left will have had their (false?) narrative.

It is a no-win situation for him.
It’s not the dems trying to get them.

It’s the NY prosecutor pursing a grand jury criminal case.

He can hand over his tax returns today and the dems won’t have them before the election. To go to the grand jury means the prosecutor has enough to present a case, and with grand jury subpoenas means they’ve had a majority that bought the prosecutors argument and green lit further investigation.

He’s just arguing because he’s president he’s immune. Which he isn’t. Rule of law and everything.

Old 08-20-2020, 03:45 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigins View Post
Here we ho again. Judge rules that Trump must turn his tax returns over to NY prosecutor.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-judge-d...135833720.html

Irreparable harm? So what is is? Will it prove what a tax evasive fraud he is? Will it prove he’s not as wealthy as he claims to be? Would it show what a terrible businessman he really is, especially in New York?

Whatever it is, it has to be something.

What is it?

This is the same logic that says you should let the police search your home/car if you have nothing to hide.

Furthermore, do you seriously believe that someone with Trump's wealth isn't audited by the IRS on an almost continual basis? News flash: wealthy people have very complicated tax returns and are the target of audits much more often than us mere mortals. As such, it is highly unlikely that there's anything illegal in his tax returns.

Also, if you think its possible to assess someone's wealth by looking at their tax returns, you are tragically naive.

Finally, Trump may or may not be a terrible businessman and his tax returns may or may not indicate which one he is. Why does it matter? It's not illegal to be a bad business man. Bernie Sanders is obviously terrible with his personal money (very low net worth for someone his age) - but I didn't hear anyone criticizing him for it during his candidacy. Also, most people are too stupid to determine what makes a businessman bad or good. Witness the number of clueless folks who don't understand strategic bankruptcy and think such bankruptcies make someone a poor businessman.

You entire post is indicative of a marginal understanding of taxes and business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies