Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 04:36 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Well, I understand Google. You should try it. While the rate at which almost all demographics are audited has dropped, the rich still get audited much more often than lower income people. Let me help:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleae...1994617http://

Don't let the title mislead you. Read the data in the article.

You may also wish to actually read the post that started this thread. You'll find this sentence:

"Would it show what a terrible businessman he really is, especially in New York?"

Therefore, both of your criticisms of my post are empirically incorrect. Worse, it was painfully easy to prove you wrong.
Your statistics only skim the surface. They don’t say more high earners are being audited. All the brackets fell, except the lowest that stayed the same/increased which further proves my point.

And I don’t give a **** what the OPs opinion is. Has nothing to do with the actual case, which is regarding a prosecutor that has subpoenas for these tax returns regarding a criminal case against the trump organization. However, I’ll concede you were responding directly to the OP which I didn’t notice. Factually though, it’s all irrelevant to the actual case.

Old 08-20-2020, 04:38 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Here's why: It would be unconstitutional.
Under what article of the Constitution?

Apparently the Supreme Court disagrees with you.

Old 08-20-2020, 04:39 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
If you have a clue about tax returns, you know there is absolutely nothing in there that helps any criminal investigation.

His returns probably get audited at least every other year by the IRS. People in that tax bracket gets lots of audits.
Yep, the rich get audited often.

I guess the Obama sycophants thinks Obama and his IRS were crooked, or something, since they never went after Trump.

Old 08-20-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Truth.

I was once a contractor with just a Secret level clearance and I had to allow access to my tax returns as part of the process. I don't see why the chief executive shouldn't have to do the same.
My, but this post sure seemed to touch a raw MAGA nerve!

Old 08-20-2020, 04:43 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
IF there is/was ANYTHING in Trump's tax returns that was illegal or wrong, don't think for a minute that Lois Lerner wouldn't have exposed it back in 2016. Dream on libs.

Old 08-20-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
I was a fed employee for 32 years with TS/SCI clearance and was never once asked for my tax return.

Probably your contractors requirement, implemented for their own reasons.
Actually they were requested by the investigator who did the BI.

Old 08-20-2020, 04:44 PM

628 posts, read 209,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Fed employee? No? won't give it up- then won't ever be one-- simple.
Your right to privacy does not get suspended when you become a federal employee. Hope this helps.

Old 08-20-2020, 04:47 PM

628 posts, read 209,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Truth.

I was once a contractor with just a Secret level clearance and I had to allow access to my tax returns as part of the process. I don't see why the chief executive shouldn't have to do the same.
You didn't release that information to the general public, though. No doubt the feds have been through Trump's taxes forward and backward since he's a big fish they'd love to catch because penalties will be huge and that's massive revenue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
My hubby has had a Yankee White clearance for years and he’s never had to give our tax returns. Didn’t have to when he had just a Secret clearance either. I call BS
Call it whatever you want, I had to sign the release form. Whether or not the investigator ever actually looked at them, I have no idea. In the interview he didn't ask any questions about taxes. He did find a mistake on my credit report with 1 CRA I didn't know was there, though. That was helpful.

Here's an article that mentions that tax documents can be requested as part of a BI

https://www.cybersecuritymastersdegr...ity-clearance/

My job was at DHS (specifically CBP) so perhaps it was their specific requirement as a law enforcement agency.

Last edited by johnp292; 08-20-2020 at 04:56 PM..

bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Your newsflash is actually a lie.

We’re brought to believe the IRS is this entity bordering on omnipotence, all powerful.

The reality is they’ve been getting stripped down for years. They’re underfunded and understaffed.

The reality is they go for the lower hanging fruit. Auditing the really wealthy takes a lot of resources they don’t have anymore.

In 2019 IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig sent a letter to Congress saying they aren’t auditing the rich because they literally can't afford to audit the rich, so it's pursuing the poor instead.

Also to note a misconception your post is giving off; they’re not looking for his tax returns to share with the public so they can determine how good of a business man is. The prosecutor has already gone before a grand jury and presented a criminal case. They’ve found by a majority after he presented his case that it warrants further investigation and subpoenas were issued.

If you’re going to accuse someone of having a marginal understanding, don’t be in the same boat.
Your post is bs. All you have to do is look at the % of audits by income level. The wealthy is where the dollars are. And that's where the audits are. The poor don't pay taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies