Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2020, 01:30 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,863,211 times

Advertisements

President Trump COVID-19 response was awful but Biden/Harris would be worse on COVID-19 response and I just think his elegant one-liners on California today was just perfect.

The nation is not a position at this time to help them with this issue. They ignored President Trump as he begged them for years and told them how fix it and they did very little.

The American taxpayers and President Trump need to ignore California every single time that it asks for help.

They are the 5th largest economy so they have a fortune to pay for it all anyway. California claims they are nation-state so they should practice what they preach and pay for all their own problems.

https://abc7news.com/politics/trump-...to-us/6380704/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2020, 02:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
What NONSENSE given that when Russia had wildfires in Siberia, Vlad's BFF Donny offered American aid, NO questions asked. I guess it should come as no surprise Trump would help Russia while telling Americans to pound sand, there's little doubt where his true loyalties lie, that would be his own interests and whatever it is Putin holds over his head and it was made evident there's something when they stood side by side in Helsinki.

Old 08-21-2020, 04:52 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
President Trump COVID-19 response was awful but Biden/Harris would be worse on COVID-19 response and I just think his elegant one-liners on California today was just perfect.

The nation is not a position at this time to help them with this issue. They ignored President Trump as he begged them for years and told them how fix it and they did very little.

The American taxpayers and President Trump need to ignore California every single time that it asks for help.

They are the 5th largest economy so they have a fortune to pay for it all anyway. California claims they are nation-state so they should practice what they preach and pay for all their own problems.

That's silly. Trump and many of his fellow Republicans have lots of investment in California. They are not going to risk devaluing their nest eggs.

I've called it a year ago and I'm calling it now - Trump is not going to mess with CA. No matter how often he said he'd do it; in front of his clueless base.

Old 08-21-2020, 05:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
President Trump on California wildfires ""Maybe we're just going to have to make them pay for it"
He says crap like that and then he wonders why people point out that he lacks leadership skills.

Old 08-21-2020, 05:28 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:

He's right. Californians were forced to pay for a fire fee from 2013 to 2017. The state took in about $80 million a year from that fee. In 2017 it was suspended, and fire prevention programs now come from proceeds of a cap and trade program. That program brought in $600 million to $850 million per quarter, for the last three years.

Where is that money going?

Old 08-21-2020, 05:35 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,698,667 times
Quote:
How would Biden be worse on COVID-19 response? Please give an example of what Biden could do (not necessarily would do) that is worse than Trump's response?

I didn't know one-liners were an enviable trait in presidents. If so, I suppose Henny Youngman would have been the greatest president ever. Look him up, he was before my time. But, apparently he is considered "King of the One-Liners."

Old 08-21-2020, 05:47 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:

So it’s okay then if California stops sending money to DC and instead uses it for their own stuff?

Are the FEDs properly maintaining their land in CA? They own over 50% of the forests there, compared to the state of CA, which owns 4%. Perhaps the FEDs owe CA for cleaning up fires on their lands?

Old 08-21-2020, 05:55 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That's silly. Trump and many of his fellow Republicans have lots of investment in California. They are not going to risk devaluing their nest eggs.

I've called it a year ago and I'm calling it now - Trump is not going to mess with CA. No matter how often he said he'd do it; in front of his clueless base.

I agree he won’t mess with California, not too much anyway. As you point out lots of investment and California provides a lot of great things for the country. That being said, they need to pull their heads out of their asses. Trump is right that they have needed to take a different approach to managing forests for decades now. They have let the environmentalists dictate too much what happens. This is true not only with forests but with public and private projects as well. They need more balance in the state. And yes, they need to stop allowing illegals from other countries to roam freely. Lastly, Public construction projects need to stop using Chinese steel. Look at the debacle that happened with the Oakland bay bridge. I thought they were liberals and cared about American jobs? Of course they don’t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies