Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 06:05 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times

Advertisements

Can you believe it?!!!!!!!Aug 20, 2020 · Melania Trump to give speech years after Obama plagiarism scandal
https://www.bing.com/search?q=melani...2bc69bf02144ae

Wonder who BIMBO-Trump will PLAGIARIZE.... and lie about it, this time around????

What a DO-NOTHING POTUS & FLOTUS,AND THE MOST 'ANTI-SOCIAL' FIRST FAMILY to ever step foot in our White House! GOOD RIDDANCE!

Old 08-21-2020, 06:23 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,696,461 times
Don't make other sensible people look bad.

I wouldn't call Mrs. Trump a bimbo. Yes, she did plagiarize her speech, in part, from Mrs. Obama in 2016. However, she isn't up for reelection. Her husband is. I just don't think attacks on the First Lady are classy, even if the President himself may be considered unclassy.

If you are upset that Mrs. Trump plagiarized from Mrs. Obama, why not take a page from Mrs. Obama and "go high." It is the same reason why any character attacks on Barron Trump are just bad. He's a kid. Maybe he's not a nice kid. Maybe he's a great kid. But we don't know, nor should it matter. He shouldn't be caught up in this nonsense. I don't think Mrs. Trump should either. Now, if she DOES plagiarize a speech yet again, then attack the merits of that speech. But I don't think character attacks on her make anyone look good.

Old 08-21-2020, 06:29 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,090 times
Good for her! I hope she knocks it out of the park this time! All in all, I think Melania means well. Certainly not a bimbo.

Old 08-21-2020, 06:35 AM

4,026 posts, read 2,711,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Don't make other sensible people look bad.

I wouldn't call Mrs. Trump a bimbo. Yes, she did plagiarize her speech, in part, from Mrs. Obama in 2016. However, she isn't up for reelection. Her husband is. I just don't think attacks on the First Lady are classy, even if the President himself may be considered unclassy.

If you are upset that Mrs. Trump plagiarized from Mrs. Obama, why not take a page from Mrs. Obama and "go high." It is the same reason why any character attacks on Barron Trump are just bad. He's a kid. Maybe he's not a nice kid. Maybe he's a great kid. But we don't know, nor should it matter. He shouldn't be caught up in this nonsense. I don't think Mrs. Trump should either. Now, if she DOES plagiarize a speech yet again, then attack the merits of that speech. But I don't think character attacks on her make anyone look good.
Well, Melania joined in on all the birther nonsense (in regards to Obama), so I don't know that she should get a pass.

Barron should be hands-off, however, since he's a minor. I also give a pass to Tiffany, even though she's an adult, since she seems to be doing her best to stay out of all of it.

Old 08-21-2020, 06:45 AM

24,458 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I don't understand? I thought Democrats loved immigrants yet so many attack Melania.

I think she is wonderful.

The thing is with Melania we the voters hired her husband, she came along as his wife. In fairness to her does anyone think that she really wanted to leave her life of luxury penthouses and country clubs to enter a life of constant scrutiny and security where her husband is the punching bag of the hateful Left ?

On the flip side we had Michelle Obama that came along with Barack and she made political speeches and got involved with policy making. We didn't vote for her yet there she is in our faces.

Give me the shy understated Melania any day over the loud over bearing judgemental Moochelle.

Old 08-21-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

Give me the shy understated Melania any day over the loud over bearing judgemental Moochelle.
You stay classy, San Diego.

Old 08-21-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Well, Melania joined in on all the birther nonsense (in regards to Obama), so I don't know that she should get a pass.
Maybe so. But, just because one side goes on about supposed dementia and other women's faces and where they bleed from doesn't mean we should stoop to their level. Go after Melania or her ideas, I suppose so. But bimbo? Nah.

Old 08-21-2020, 07:35 AM

2,910 posts, read 1,357,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Good for her! I hope she knocks it out of the park this time! All in all, I think Melania means well. Certainly not a bimbo.
If she hires the right speechwriter this time she will. Otherwise, no. But I'm pretty sure she learned her lesson and will spend the money for someone good this time instead of just rewriting something that Michelle Obama came up with.

Old 08-21-2020, 07:44 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,562 times
Seriously plagiarism? In light of Biden's history with this very thing? Sure you want to open up this can of worms?

Old 08-21-2020, 07:47 AM

2,000 posts, read 760,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Can you believe it?!!!!!!!Aug 20, 2020 · Melania Trump to give speech years after Obama plagiarism scandal
https://www.bing.com/search?q=melani...2bc69bf02144ae

Wonder who BIMBO-Trump will PLAGIARIZE.... and lie about it, this time around????

What a DO-NOTHING POTUS & FLOTUS,AND THE MOST 'ANTI-SOCIAL' FIRST FAMILY to ever step foot in our White House! GOOD RIDDANCE!
This is a new one, at least for me. I realize y’all attack Trump on every point, but now, he’s anti social. I’m glad we are focusing on the important issues for this election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies