Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 08:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
a " Covid19 " sensor has been inserted secretly into every phone. Apparently when every one was having a phone disruption earlier this week, they were adding the tracker to our phones
If you have an android phone, go under settings, then look for Google settings and see if it's there.
If you are using an IPhone, go under settings, privacy, then health, it's there but not yet functional. The app can notify you if you've been near someone that has the virus
Not my old ass phone. I still have my 15 year old little oval 3G with the slide out keyboard.
I just got a e-mail saying I needed to upgrade to a new phone, "or some services will not be updated correctly"

All I do is call and text. It has never ever logged onto the internet. Back when I got it, there was a fee for internet use, so I never hooked up.

They have pulled the Battery drain quick thing for about 2 weeks and now it is back to normal, and holds a charge for a week again. They did that to iPhone 6's to get people to upgrade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2020, 08:39 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Turn off location tracking. I did not see it under settings but I did find it in google settings. And it is off.
Thanks - I've thought of that, but I think they can track us regardless of whether it's on or not.

Old 08-21-2020, 08:39 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Not sure but doesn’t the app only alert you when you’re around someone with COVID and meets the following criteria:

1. Knowingly has the virus
2. Has downloaded the app
3. Has logged in to the app and reported on the app that they have COVID.

Sounds like someone who is considerate enough to do that, they are most likely self quarantined themselves.

Old 08-21-2020, 08:43 AM

I really see NO need for this. It's all government overreach.

Old 08-21-2020, 08:43 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
And to think, this sort of thing happening under a Republican President! Well, I never! We have executive actions to protect confederate statues. How about one of those to protect America's privacy, Mr. Trump?

Old 08-21-2020, 08:44 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Covid cases are being reported and our phones track all of us. The government could tell where you were in the two weeks prior to being tested, and also see who else was in the same location.

When I was a kid the teachers used to tell us about Communists and how they spied on their own citizens, and we've become the same kind of country.
Always remember, it isn't oppression if it's for safety purposes.

Old 08-21-2020, 08:50 AM

1,746 posts, read 880,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Not my old ass phone. I still have my 15 year old little oval 3G with the slide out keyboard.
I just got a e-mail saying I needed to upgrade to a new phone, "or some services will not be updated correctly"

All I do is call and text. It has never ever logged onto the internet. Back when I got it, there was a fee for internet use, so I never hooked up.

They have pulled the Battery drain quick thing for about 2 weeks and now it is back to normal, and holds a charge for a week again. They did that to iPhone 6's to get people to upgrade.

But at least with the IPhone 6 and 7 they were sued for it and agreed to pay $25 per person per device affected. I got a postcard about the settlement last week but I already knew about it.

Old 08-21-2020, 08:51 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
a " Covid19 " sensor has been inserted secretly into every phone. Apparently when every one was having a phone disruption earlier this week, they were adding the tracker to our phones
If you have an android phone, go under settings, then look for Google settings and see if it's there.
If you are using an IPhone, go under settings, privacy, then health, it's there but not yet functional. The app can notify you if you've been near someone that has the virus
The "covid camps" are coming next. Years in the future, folks will look at the pictures from our time showing box cars transporting the "lepers" through the gates of Auschwitz... I mean COVID CAMPS in order to take cleansing showers that will "cure" them.

Editor's note: "cure" them from a disease that has less than a one percent chance of killing them if they are below 70 years of age and that, in many cases, they don't even know they have--and even if they do, their symptoms are often that of a minor cold. A disease that the left treats as smallpox, ebola, or black death.

Old 08-21-2020, 08:52 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Mine is there. I wonder how long until they disabled the feature that allows you to turn it off.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 08-21-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Always remember, it isn't oppression if it's for safety purposes.
Of course! It's for our own good....lol.

Australia and New Zealand are already talking about mandatory vaccines. Germany is enacting a law that starts next year whereby everyone who owns a dog MUST walk the dog twice a day for at least an hour each time. WTH??!!!

Every country is seeing how compliant people are going to be to ready us for the Great Reset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies