Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 11:16 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Sorry, this is not what people think it is.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywi.../#56e2d90c6054

It is simply the framework that will allow an app to be installed - if you decide to do so.
One little step at a time. I guess it’s time to start leaving the phones at home? Government does not need to be tracking me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2020, 11:20 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Thanks, just confirmed it's on my phone. What is the purpose though? I'm not following.

Mine is there too. I think the purpose is to integrate tracking data across different platforms. So they can see who is with who even if they have different OS's.

Old 08-21-2020, 11:24 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
One little step at a time. I guess it’s time to start leaving the phones at home? Government does not need to be tracking me.
It's that easy.

But too many have become joined at the hip to their phone even knowing it tracks them.

Old 08-21-2020, 11:44 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Not my old ass phone. I still have my 15 year old little oval 3G with the slide out keyboard.
I just got a e-mail saying I needed to upgrade to a new phone, "or some services will not be updated correctly"

All I do is call and text. It has never ever logged onto the internet. Back when I got it, there was a fee for internet use, so I never hooked up.

They have pulled the Battery drain quick thing for about 2 weeks and now it is back to normal, and holds a charge for a week again. They did that to iPhone 6's to get people to upgrade.
3G systems will be taken offline in February 2022. Your phone will cease to work and you will have to upgrade to an 4G/LTE dumb phone

Old 08-21-2020, 11:54 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Google and Apple worked together to develop the Covid 19 tracking system. If you OPT IN, have Bluetooth on, and are in the vicinity (about 6') of another phone for 15 minutes or more with all the same features, the two phones remember that. The app will store that information for 14 days.

If diagnosed with Covid 19, the health department will give you a PIN number to put into the app. A text message will then be sent to the phones that have been in proximity. Those people will now know that they may possibly be infected.

No personal or location information is stored in the phones nor is the government tracking this. It is simply a notification method.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/5/21...-covid-alabama

Old 08-21-2020, 11:57 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Big secert? Just like contact list, camera, browser and photos. I'm so scared.

Old 08-21-2020, 12:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Yep, mine has it.......is defaulted to off.
Finally found it. Mine is also on off, which means nothing to me since I don't trust them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How far will we let the govt go with this? Will we allow our neighbors, friends, family to be turning people in to the authorities, over concerns of health and safety?!!! At what point do we say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, THIS HAS TO STOP NOW?
That train left the station a long time ago. They're not going to dismantle systems that allow them to spy on anyone in the world.

We didn't say peep when we found out all calls were being recorded. We didn't say a word when we found all emails were being captured. And text messages. When we learned the FBI could spy on us using our cell phones, we didn't object. And we invited the government into our homes with every smart device purchased.

This was on us and we didn't say a word. It's too late now.

Old 08-21-2020, 12:42 PM

628 posts, read 209,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I see no new icon or app? what's it look like?
I went through the list of user-installed apps and system-installed apps and couldn't find anything related to covid.

https://support.google.com/android/answer/9888358?hl=en

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cz2Xzm6knM

Old 08-21-2020, 12:57 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Folks, it has been over for a long time.

Whatever "freedom" you had in this department flew out the window on 9-11. Trust me, I watched it all in real time.

Going completely off grid is the only way to even have a small shred of privacy left to yourself.

Even still, if they really want you they'll just have to devote a few more resources to your demise. No skin off their nose.

Old 08-21-2020, 12:58 PM

628 posts, read 209,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Folks, it has been over for a long time.

Whatever "freedom" you had in this department flew out the window on 9-11. Trust me, I watched it all in real time.

Going completely off grid is the only way to even have a small shred of privacy left to yourself.

Even still, if they really want you they'll just have to devote a few more resources to your demise. No skin off their nose.
Ooooo we got a live one here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies