Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: "Race relations" better or worse than 20 years ago?
Better 27 14.67%
Worse 128 69.57%
About the same 29 15.76%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 12:29 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
You are "trying to destroy the system", while that's not my goal.

You are trying to "stop the future", while I think that concept ludicrous.

You sound like those misguided folks who pontificate about how "people are destroying the planet!". Face it, we are just not that powerful.

We're just guests here, the planet will be here long after we're gone.
But why am I trying to destroy the system? Is the system good? What is good?

I'm trying to stop a future which seems destined by the "laws of nature". In that I mean, the world is run by money and power. The United States must follow its "national interests", and everything the United States has done up to this point was in pursuit of its economic and geopolitical interests.

The United States is globalism. Capitalism is globalism. Communism is globalism. Industrialization is globalism. Money itself is globalism because money wants access to the world's markets and resources. And at some point in the future, there will be a centralization of power in international bodies, from various international treaties and organizations, mostly resulting from trade-deals which need some kind of enforcement apparatus. The sort of mutual-dependency, international trade, international tourism, and mass immigration, will over a long enough period of time create one mass amalgamated world.

The exact constituents of that world are unknown. And with automation, the entire nature of work and society will be transformed.

But will it be better?

And it isn't that we're "destroying the planet". But the air is certainly dirtier than it was before industrialization, and there will be almost no "nature" left in a hundred years. Just sprawling cites and fenced-off farms planted with GMO's.

The planet will exist, and there will plenty of people alive, but will life be worth living? What makes life worth living?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 12:31 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't think the way you do. I want peaceful co-existence. I want a society where people treat each other with dignity and respect, and a society where one's race isn't an issue. Maybe if people treated each other better, for real, we wouldn't have issues.
I don't need you to think the way I do. To each their own. People are free to treat other people in whatever way they want in the US. If a white person wants to treat a black person badly or the other way around, they are free to do so and will always be free to do so. No law against it. Money gets the final say it who gets the best treatment anyhow. One race will always have more access to it and more numbers to back them up with it. Until that is no more, there will be great conflict between the races. So there will never be peaceful co-existence because of money and race.

Old 08-24-2020, 01:30 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
But why am I trying to destroy the system? Is the system good? What is good?

I'm trying to stop a future which seems destined by the "laws of nature". In that I mean, the world is run by money and power. The United States must follow its "national interests", and everything the United States has done up to this point was in pursuit of its economic and geopolitical interests.

The United States is globalism. Capitalism is globalism. Communism is globalism. Industrialization is globalism. Money itself is globalism because money wants access to the world's markets and resources. And at some point in the future, there will be a centralization of power in international bodies, from various international treaties and organizations, mostly resulting from trade-deals which need some kind of enforcement apparatus. The sort of mutual-dependency, international trade, international tourism, and mass immigration, will over a long enough period of time create one mass amalgamated world.

The exact constituents of that world are unknown. And with automation, the entire nature of work and society will be transformed.

But will it be better?

And it isn't that we're "destroying the planet". But the air is certainly dirtier than it was before industrialization, and there will be almost no "nature" left in a hundred years. Just sprawling cites and fenced-off farms planted with GMO's.

The planet will exist, and there will plenty of people alive, but will life be worth living? What makes life worth living?
You have no chance, zero probability, of "destroying the system".

& frankly, my dear Redshadowz, I don't give a damm "why you are trying to destroy the system".

My point about the planet is this: Not you, not me, not any one is gonna destroy the planet simply because not you, not me, not anyone is powerful enough.

The world will keep on turning when we are no longer here. Maybe the planet will eventually nurture & grow other more grateful & intelligent lifeforms to replace us.

We are powerful enough to make this planet so miserable &/or so uninhabitable that we eradicate ourselves &/or lose the will to simply live.

... The world will keep on turning when we are no longer here. Maybe the planet will eventually nurture & grow other more grateful & intelligent lifeforms to replace us. ...

Old 08-24-2020, 01:40 PM

52,273 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't think the way you do. I want peaceful co-existence. I want a society where people treat each other with dignity and respect, and a society where one's race isn't an issue. Maybe if people treated each other better, for real, we wouldn't have issues.
I think most rational fair-minded people can agree that we need to peacefully co-exist. It's better for society as a whole if there is basic respect and we treat others properly.

Humans have long since history treated each other horribly. I mean that should go without saying I suppose.

Are race relations better, I don't know? I know if you pay attention to the news and media you'd think it was way worse than reality suggests. In real life in my sphere I never see any problems really. Most people are polite in public and appear to be fine.

I live in Southern California and it's probably one of the most diverse areas in the country and I just don't see much problems with people, I mean just loosely speaking here.

The media makes things worse across the board and people need to stand back and look at the bigger picture sometimes.

Old 08-24-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Time happens. History creates the future.
I was responding to your zero chance of happening 'solution' of separatism by time traveling to the time of our 'founding fathers'.

To whom does the 'our' in our founding fathers refer?

Quote:
Again, I am glad there will be no peaceful coexistence. That's how it should have been decided by the forefathers, and they should not have elected to draw slave labor from a least adaptable culture. It's kind of like if the white male founders would have purchased the Chinese as slaves and then expected the Chinese to somehow magically turn into white European males over time. That just does not happen in the real world. People are indeed different, but white and blacks are so much different that we are not compatible as friends, coworkers, or anything else in any society.

Old 08-24-2020, 01:59 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Obama fanned the flames of racism more than any person in our history.

Old 08-24-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Slavery was about money and race, and all racial conflicts in this world will be about money and the black race. All places in the world where low or zero racial conflicts are either zero blacks or around 1% black. I am not part of white, Asian, American, African, or any other culture and never and never will be. Most blacks are not connected to any sort of global power. We are nomads. We think about money and that is all we think about. We care less about someone else’s culture, establishments, and we will never be loyal to anyone.
Slavery was about money. Race was merely convenient. They would have enslaved anyone if they could, but you can't enslave your own family, you must enslave "others". Historically slavery had been temporary, and it had more to do with transitioning the "savage" conquered peoples into civilization through assimilation. You enslaved people who were rebellious and forced them into obedience. And only promised them freedom once they were reprogrammed and regimented into their new life. Slavery had historically been closer to a communist forced-labor camp, or a prison colony, or indentured servitude.

Eventually slavery ceased in the United States for the same reason it started, slave labor was no longer as profitable or as useful as free labor, and the existence of a foreign people on these shores created immense social and political unrest.

The problem then is just as it is now, the whites could not free the blacks and make them their equals without mingling with them. And in mingling with them they would inevitably become amalgamated to them. Either they must keep them in subjection or they must separate.

Racism today is based on the same principle. Whites do not want to mingle with blacks, and they do not want their daughters mingling with blacks, for they do not want brown grandchildren. But so long as we are mingled together, that is the inevitable future. We must either remain separate, or we must all become brown.

Slavery lasted as long as it did because the whites refused to mingle with blacks, and they could not remove blacks from the country. There was no where to send them. After slavery ended, Jim-Crow was created as a way to maintain the union by keeping the races separated. It worked for a while because the south was primarily rural, but as people began moving into the cities, diverse-peoples lived and worked in close proximity to each other, and Jim-Crow went from something you could barely see, to something that was constantly in your face.

Jim-Crow was abolished both for economic reasons and for geopolitical reasons(the Soviets were agitating the race-problem to destabilize the United States). But abolishing the laws didn't make the problem go away, it actually made it worse.

The only solution to the race problem is to amalgamate all with all, thus to blur the lines, and thus to make race disappear. And that is what every institution has been trying to push for 50 years now. It is the only way to save America and expand its geopolitical influence. The globe-spanning American Empire.

Old 08-24-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
My point about the planet is this: Not you, not me, not any one is gonna destroy the planet simply because not you, not me, not anyone is powerful enough.
I never claimed anyone was going to destroy the planet. All I said was that they are making it worse, and I want them to stop, but "the system" is basically forcing their hand.

It isn't that polluters want to pollute, but if polluting is more profitable than not polluting they have no choice but pollute. And this same principle applies to everything. Whatever is profitable must be done, regardless of what it does to people, society, families, the planet, morality, decency, anything.

Our system is not only poisoning the planet, it is poisoning everything, destroying everything good. It is no wonder so many people have taken to drugs, and suicide rates have been rising, and will likely continue to rise.

I used to think this was the best time in history to be alive. Now I think it is one of the worst times in history to be alive. I feel cursed. And most people are too stupid, brainwashed, and ignorant to see it.

Old 08-24-2020, 04:14 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think most rational fair-minded people can agree that we need to peacefully co-exist. It's better for society as a whole if there is basic respect and we treat others properly.

Humans have long since history treated each other horribly. I mean that should go without saying I suppose.

Are race relations better, I don't know? I know if you pay attention to the news and media you'd think it was way worse than reality suggests. In real life in my sphere I never see any problems really. Most people are polite in public and appear to be fine.

I live in Southern California and it's probably one of the most diverse areas in the country and I just don't see much problems with people, I mean just loosely speaking here.

The media makes things worse across the board and people need to stand back and look at the bigger picture sometimes.
I notice that things run more smoothly when people respect each other and treat other the right way. I also notice what happens when there is no respect.

Race relations, as far as I see it, aren't really any worse than in 2000. What I am noticing is that more people are bolder about what they have to say. And technology has really changed things. Things seem worse, but we're hearing more about what was always there. The media itself isn't always to blame. Social media, stuff like facebook instagram, etc, that stuff means people themselves can spread things alot faster. We know more than what we'd normally know before.

Old 08-24-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I never claimed anyone was going to destroy the planet. All I said was that they are making it worse, and I want them to stop, but "the system" is basically forcing their hand.

It isn't that polluters want to pollute, but if polluting is more profitable than not polluting they have no choice but pollute. And this same principle applies to everything. Whatever is profitable must be done, regardless of what it does to people, society, families, the planet, morality, decency, anything.

Our system is not only poisoning the planet, it is poisoning everything, destroying everything good. It is no wonder so many people have taken to drugs, and suicide rates have been rising, and will likely continue to rise.

I used to think this was the best time in history to be alive. Now I think it is one of the worst times in history to be alive. I feel cursed. And most people are too stupid, brainwashed, and ignorant to see it.
Recall:

Quote:
You are "trying to destroy the system", while that's not my goal.

You are trying to "stop the future", while I think that concept ludicrous.

You sound like those misguided folks who pontificate about how "people are destroying the planet!". Face it, we are just not that powerful.

We're just guests here, the planet will be here long after we're gone.
You have zero chance of "destroying the system" ~ 0 % ~ no way in heaven hell or anywhere else, & so on.

Get over it already.

Have a nice evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies