Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 01:24 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times

Advertisements

A federal mask mandate is unconstitutional as the federal government does not have general police powers. Even if it was constitutional, it would be unenforceable as there aren't enough federal law enforcement agents to enforce any such thing, and the federal government cannot force states to implement federal law. This is just more loony talk from the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2020, 01:57 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I live in a very rural small town in TN, population around 300. One of the business owners is on a respirator from Covid. In this same area, one person with Covid infected 40 congregants. People here are wearing masks and socially distancing. I guess it takes knowing someone personally affected to understand how serious Covid really is. Until then for some, it will not be that big a deal, sadly.
Must not be an actual incorporated town.
The entire state has had fewer than 140,000 positive, less than 1500 deaths labeled covid in a population of 6.89 million people.

I'm curious to know where this is as I havent heard any news of a church congregation with 40 positive covid test in TN. You sure you dont have your states mixed up. Sound like a story from Alabama.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:08 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Must not be an actual incorporated town.
The entire state has had fewer than 140,000 positive, less than 1500 deaths labeled covid in a population of 6.89 million people.

I'm curious to know where this is as I havent heard any news of a church congregation with 40 positive covid test in TN. You sure you dont have your states mixed up. Sound like a story from Alabama.
No I don't have my states mixed up and it's so small I'd rather not comment on the exact town on a public forum. I already stated it was in TN. I know what I know and I know who I talked to, and you can choose to believe me or not. I'm sure not everything out there gets reported on the news. Not sure what being an incorporated town has to do with anything.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:21 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No I don't have my states mixed up and it's so small I'd rather not comment on the exact town on a public forum. I already stated it was in TN. I know what I know and I know who I talked to, and you can choose to believe me or not. I'm sure not everything out there gets reported on the news. Not sure what being an incorporated town has to do with anything.
It doesn't really, I live in an un incorporated town as well, there is not really a population since there is no census for the town.

Generally a small area like yours or mine with 40 members of its congregation testing positive would definitely make TN news. That is a significant outbreak for a small town or county. I just heard yesterday cases in TN and hospitalizations in both metro and rural areas are decreasing.
And 40 member of a congregation infected by one member is exactly what happened in Strawberry, GA. Just seems odd.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:28 PM

6,748 posts, read 3,364,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr2 View Post
Yep, Biden is advocating a commonsense idea to protect the health of you and your loved ones. I realize that many are so ignorant that they disagree, but that's why we have to make laws.
Biden and many on the left are too ignorant to realize that masks are already required in most places where they're neccessary.

Also, some on the left are too ignorant to understand that a mandate is not a law.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:40 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,589 times
Biden just ensured I will be voting Trump 2020. Anyone who wants to force me to wear a mask outdoors can go to hell.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:43 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Another example of democrat stupidity and one size fits all mentality. A hiker in the middle of the desert with nobody nearer than fifty miles MUST wear a mask or be shot on sight (via drone, in this case; we wouldn't want to risk a storm trooper catching covid). Brilliant. Because we know those devious little covid critters are lurking and waiting out in the middle of that uninhabited desert.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:45 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
It doesn't really, I live in an un incorporated town as well, there is not really a population since there is no census for the town.

Generally a small area like yours or mine with 40 members of its congregation testing positive would definitely make TN news. That is a significant outbreak for a small town or county. I just heard yesterday cases in TN and hospitalizations in both metro and rural areas are decreasing.
And 40 member of a congregation infected by one member is exactly what happened in Strawberry, GA. Just seems odd.
Well, it is what it is, and I live where I live and I talked to the DIL of the person with Covid and who also knows the congregants of the church I mentioned. Other than that, I don't know what to tell ya.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:47 PM

17,617 posts, read 6,903,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr2 View Post
Yep, Biden is advocating a commonsense idea to protect the health of you and your loved ones. I realize that many are so ignorant that they disagree, but that's why we have to make laws.
Requiring everyone everywhere to wear a mask no matter what the circumstances is "common sense"? Where was this "common sense" for the last 200 years of our nation's history? I guess we just now started having infectious diseases.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:49 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Does Biden expect Police inspections in people's homes to check if they are wearing masks? He's an idiot.
That's exactly what he wants. Imagine the level of intrusion if the Democrats' train wreck of a ticket got into office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies