Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 08:36 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Good. Let em quit. Resign. Lots of people ready and happy to take those jobs.
Yeah, like Raz Simone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2020, 08:37 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
https://nypost.com/2020/08/21/georgi...-tiktok-video/

You can't make any arrest if someone refuse to cooperate, you can't use any methods approved in the past. New approved methods doesn't work if the states give into people who resist arrests even without using deadly force.

When a suspect shoots at you, if you fire back you are wrong.

When you arrest someone resisting using a tazer instead of using choke holds you are wrong.

If you try to arrest someone who is being sought for a complaint or crime, you are wrong.

The cities should all disband the police force and let the people deal with crime themselves. When cops are fired for following orders and using their training methods even with body cam videos.

All cops should just quit. No reason to be a cop if you can only use foul language to threaten a suspect to comply.
No-- just like FED LEOS - this too shall pass. Maybe as soon as Jan 21

Old 08-23-2020, 08:42 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
during these times it's better for cops to "do nothing" than to "do something"

you will get criminally charged for 1st degree murder if you "do something"

if you "do nothing", then you will get discipline or termination. hey, it's still better than spending the rest of your life in prison because some ******** local politicians want to get re-elected
I agree. I don't blame them for holding back. Maybe society will learn that they can't hold police to an impossible standard if we want a functional police force.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:28 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Tensions heightened over fatal police shooting of Black man

Old 08-23-2020, 09:44 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
I want to see some people in power with balls stand up to this BS that our country is going through. It is a sad day in America when the criminals have people in power who support them! Never thought I'd see this day.......
Look at the DEA...they are a prime example of law enforcement supporting criminals...yet many citizens believe they are doing 'great work'! LOL

Old 08-23-2020, 10:26 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
I think the police is a necessary thing, but some cops have a god-like attitude like they are above everybody else.

I got lost in Los Angles and asked two cops walking by for help. They didn't even answer and looked like they were getting ready to fight me.

Another time, I got lost in Huntington Beach and asked a cop for help. He looked at me with that "who do you think I am? Fock off." glare.

One early morning I was waiting for the bus at 3AM, this cop came by, stood by behind me with his hand on his gun holster and just stared at me for a good five minutes.

One time I saw this cop walking against a red light full of traffic. He had this "I am a cop. What are you gonna do? Hit me?" look on his face.

It's amazing how people like these made it through the hiring process.

Old 08-23-2020, 10:32 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/29/u...-attacked.html

Peaceful protesters assault Senator Tim Carpenter of Wisconsin.
Eww, they look terrible. They both look a lot older than their age. I guess always engaging in grievance culture is not good for the aging process or it just happens to attract those type of people to begin with lol.

Old 08-23-2020, 10:38 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
We'd all be better off if cops like this one quit --

https://dailysnark.com/2020/08/22/sa...dSljoubv7VFStw
Even though I think Kaepernick says some dumb stuff, I would agree. It would be great if cops like that would quit.

Old 08-23-2020, 11:27 AM

14,230 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Look at the DEA...they are a prime example of law enforcement supporting criminals...yet many citizens believe they are doing 'great work'! LOL
people "supporting" DEA is because 99.99999999% of police encounters are between citizens and local police/sheriff department. DEA doesn't deal with small-time drug dealers like local cops do.

Less police encounter = less use of force = less complaining

This also applies for most federal law enforcement agencies.

Old 08-23-2020, 11:47 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
The people asking for "extreme police accountability" have no clue what they are in for. The majority of them have never studied how crime spirals out of control when police are not allowed to do their job. Its a very complicated topic that spans across several subjects of study. The simple version goes something like this:

1. When police are unjustly over disciplined they stop being proactive. Instead they become purely reactive. This means they respond only to the most urgent calls or respond to calls after a report comes in that a crime has been committed.

2. This results in criminals committing more crimes because they are embolden by the fact that the police are not actively patrolling the neighborhoods looking for signs of criminal activity. Furthermore, they know they can pull "stunts" when confronted by the police because the police are under a microscope.

3. This results in crime spiking in an area. Those with the financial means move out of the area. This slowly creates an improvised area which results in even more crime.

4. Now that the neighborhood is full of criminals, the police care even less about doing their job. They have no "pride in servicing" this dilapidated neighborhood full of people who would like nothing more then to see them fired.

^^This exact pattern has played out in urban areas across the USA for decades. With this new wave of unjustified hostility towards the police; this trend will increase exponentially in many areas. Ironically, the "de-fund the police" crowd will be the ones who suffer the most from the aftermath of their actions.
Well, the people in Seattle are now learning this lesson the hard way since violent crime and lawlessness has spiked upwards in the past few months... These liberals who condemned the police and supported a budget cuts are now crying that our streets are not safe... And are now running out and buying all the guns and ammo they can... Cuz “they” do not feel safe and somehow it’s Trumps fault.

And Seattle use to boast that it was one of the “most educated” cities in the US... What a crock of BS!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies