Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 09:00 AM

29,803 posts, read 24,880,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What a Karen.

There is another thread here about a golf cart parade for Biden and guess what there was no yelling, no cursing, no screaming idiots on the sidelines holding anti Biden signs. Why?

What is it with the Democrats that have made them so hateful and bitter? Conservatives in general are more respectful, we might not agree with your message and we might think that you are a moron for blindly supporting your party but guess we know that it is your Right and we do not interfere with you. Why don't they extend the same courtesy and respect?

I wonder if that spiteful lady kisses her grandchildren with that trash mouth?

Good point. I have absolutely no interest in going out and yelling and bullying people over their difference of opinions. The thought of such behavior is repulsive. I can't imagine what motivates people to act this way. It actually takes away from their message when people bully others to try to get a point across.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2020, 09:08 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
They bring their crazy with them when they move to retirement communities even though it’s high time to chill out. I guess it never ends.

https://youtu.be/16q-JpqlD4g
You mean the guy with the TRUMP-2020 sign screaming "white power" was a leftist? Sure looked like a standard issue Trump apologist to me.

The Villages.....LOL STD The capital of the US.

Old 08-22-2020, 09:10 AM

29,803 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You mean the guy with the TRUMP-2020 sign screaming "white power" was a leftist. Sure looked like a standard issue Trump apologist to me.

He was responding to the women who said white power, Nazi, KKK, or whatever it was that she was yelling at him. The crazies on both sides are good at bringing out the worst in each other.

Old 08-22-2020, 09:12 AM

8,755 posts, read 5,042,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
She talked about the President's foul language, and called someone an f-ing turd in the same sentence. She said the f word more times than I do in a month and I am an old Sailor. Why do people move somewhere and try to change things. The biggest problem in Florida is 2/3 rds of people are from other states. Don't like it here, move back to your previous location.
Good thing I am not there. My golf cart, would be sending her right too the moon!!

Old 08-22-2020, 09:12 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Can you picture the poor ******* that has to wake up next to her every morning?
I heard that.

https://youtu.be/pjkLf_X88WM

Old 08-22-2020, 09:13 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
That would be a tiny percentage of Gen Z with some spillover to the younger Millennials., the age cohort least likely to vote For anyone in any election.

It’s the same age cohort that engages in the party scene, despite Covid.

It is also the age cohort at major research universities who are working 24/7 to create better and cheaper Covid tests with faster results.

I don’t know why some people are prone towards mass generalizations.

As a GenX mom of 3 responsible young adult Gen Zers, I agree with your assessment.

As for mass generalizations, people on the left and right make ridiculous generalizations about the opposing camp all the time. The P&OC subforum provides daily evidence of that. The only time they have a problem with it is when the mass generalizations are levied against them. Then, suddenly, they see the absurdity of it.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 08-22-2020 at 09:21 AM..

Old 08-22-2020, 09:15 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Yeah. Kinda like some posters on here are generalizing "libs."

The younger generation is doing the looting. Because they learned to emulate the disrespecful behavior of their elders. After all, looting, burning, assaulting in "protest" isn't anything new, is it?
The great majority of boomers who were looting, burning, assaulting in "protest" were the violent left.

The Chicago riots are one example that comes to mind along with the violent anti-war protests that occurred.

I was around back then having been born in '53 and attended university in '71.

Old 08-22-2020, 09:18 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
That nasty, hateful Liberal lady wearing black and white should be thrown out of the community. Typical angry Democrat!
They are ALWAYS angry!! My boss was even telling me he has noticed this as well more and more!! And he is not even into politics but he said he has noticed when talking to Dems or listening to them how angry and even violent they get. he said a few said they would literally kill Trump if they could!!!! And then claim Trump is the hateful evil one??????

Old 08-22-2020, 09:19 AM

16,550 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregontoGeorgia View Post
That’s hard to watch.

The slightly wealthier answer to the republican’s white trash.

And I don’t say that to demean either party.
Interesting

You don't mean to demean either party, but only comment on the behavior of the Republicans.

It is not as if the Democrats were acting classy and educated, but no mention of them, right.

--

Sadly many of those seniors who should have some decency and decorum, are acting worse than the grandkids.

I would also point out how the NE snowbirds from places like CT, NY, NJ bring their liberalism with them to a mostly red state like FL.
So they flee what they had brought upon themselves, but will repeat the same voting patterns that caused the chaos and despair from the places they fled from.

`

Old 08-22-2020, 09:19 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
The great majority of boomers who were looting, burning, assaulting in "protest" were the violent left.

The Chicago riots are one example that comes to mind along with the violent anti-war protests that occurred.

I was around back then having been born in '53.
You're probably right.

But conservatives aren't guilty of destructive and/or violent behavior? Are you absolutely sure about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies