Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 02:41 AM

17,402 posts, read 14,631,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
WRONG!

I watched it every night. It was always there. Always.
No, it wasn’t ALWAYS there.

Two groups omitted it during the convention.

Can you not read and comprehend? Obviously the answer to that is a resounding no.

Old 08-23-2020, 03:45 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,257,139 times
I'm surprised the democrats did the pledge in the first place. God included in version, or not included....

Old 08-23-2020, 04:07 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,500,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Can you imagine the outrage if the Muslims had said, "one nation, under Allah..."? I wish they would have. The howling from the right would have been epic.
Completely different. That would be the Dems 1) elevating one specific religion - Islam - above others, and 2) changing the lyrics to the Pledge. I would have the same reaction if the republicans cite the Pledge saying “one nation, under Jesus.”

But to drop the words “under G-d”, which have been part of the official Pledge for almost 70 years, is simply to go out of their way to deride religion, and religious people.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:15 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,506,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
President Trump claims ‘God’ was removed from the Pledge of Allegiance at the DNC. Is that true?

No, it is not true. Trump lied, as he always does.

Why does he lie so much?

He lies to create division.

"The Democrats took the word GOD out of the Pledge of Allegiance at the Democrat National Convention," he said on Saturday. "At first I thought they made a mistake, but it wasn’t. It was done on purpose. Remember Evangelical Christians, and ALL, this is where they are coming from-it’s done. Vote Nov 3!" - Trump

Verdict: LIE
Trump doesn't lie as much as he confabulates. It is a sign of dementia and a thing old people do when speaking off the top of their heads; they say something and then believe it. My neighbor does this. Now he is saying he has met the King of Sweden and has a PhD. He didn't and doesn't, but he believes it.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:22 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,500,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Trump doesn't lie as much as he confabulates. It is a sign of dementia and a thing old people do when speaking off the top of their heads; they say something and then believe it. My neighbor does this. Now he is saying he has met the King of Sweden and has a PhD. He didn't and doesn't, but he believes it.
If that’s the case, doesn’t it scare you about Biden’s dementia? His handlers are so afraid that if he speaks extemporaneously that they won’t even allow reporters covering a presidential nominee to answer a basic question.

That said, what Trump said is true. The DNC did have instances in which the words “under G-d“ were dropped. It would be the same thing as if I said that my kid’s kindergarten teacher sent them out to play in the rain when she did it on Monday, but not the rest of the week. The fact would remain that she did indeed send them out in the rain.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:29 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
You are just mad that I proved you wrong
How can an off-topic remark prove anything about the topic?

The mind of a Trump apologist is a mysterious place.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Trump is correct. On two separate occasions the dems recited the pledge with "one nation indivisible" and omitted the word "God." Just because they included the word God in the pledge four times doesn't mean they always included it.
"They" = DNC and their nationally televised event did not omit it even once. Some muslim caucus somewhere omitted "one nation under allah", and I can't even imagine the outrage if they had not omitted it.

Trump lied, as he always does. I am sorry if you have a hard time accepting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
You guys like to paint anyone who is a Democrat as a Satan Worshiper Murdering Arsonistic cannibal who instead of helping little old ladies across the street, shove her into the traffic, while taking her cane. You are crazy.
You have been brain washed. We are American just like you.
I know. God hates a false witness.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:34 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Why would a full-blown Atheist like Mr. BankTrumptcy have a problem with that!!! You only see him exiting a church when he's been a bad boy and he's fearful he might lose some of his supporters.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I can't believe you are even debating this with the Magalots. Jesus christ himself could be guest speaker at the convention and the TrumpyBunch would say "Dems hate Christmas". It's deplorable.
It's typically a waste of time to argue with people who call lie the truth, but I wanted to provide the videos of the actual DNC pledges with "under God" in them for others to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Why would a full-blown Atheist like Mr. BankTrumptcy have a problem with that!!! You only see him exiting a church when he's been a bad boy and he's fearful he might lose some of his supporters.
Why? Because his entire presidency is founded on playing people against each other. In this case he believes he can create a lie paint Dems in general as anti-Christian, it might get evangelicals to dislike Democrats in general. Unfortunately there are now evangelical leaders who are relaying the lie to their congregations, and many evangelicals will believe it because they don't have the time to verify such claims. God will judge the false witnesses.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:48 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,506,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If that’s the case, doesn’t it scare you about Biden’s dementia? His handlers are so afraid that if he speaks extemporaneously that they won’t even allow reporters covering a presidential nominee to answer a basic question.

That said, what Trump said is true. The DNC did have instances in which the words “under G-d“ were dropped. It would be the same thing as if I said that my kid’s kindergarten teacher sent them out to play in the rain when she did it on Monday, but not the rest of the week. The fact would remain that she did indeed send them out in the rain.
When I was in school, decades ago, Jehovah's Witnesses were not compelled to recite the pledge since they only pledge allegiance to the Kingdom of G-d. When "under G-d" was added Eisenhower said it was to show our allegiance to the Almighty. If someone doesn't believe that, they should not be compelled; that would be taking the L-ord's name in vain.

Saying this somehow is anti-American reminds me of the hysteria of the 1800 election when the Federalists had their supporters burying their Bibles for fear of Jefferson whom they portrayed as a howling atheist. Jefferson meanwhile was attacking Adams portraying Presbyterianism as a cult.

As Trump's own sister said in a released tape: "His goddamned tweet and lying, oh my God..."

Biden doesn't regurgitate words like Trump. We know where Biden stands, Trump stands only for Trump and has a head full of stump water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies