Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 06:16 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpastures23 View Post
People aren't mad at Trump.

They are mad at the left destroying everything they touch
Yup. Remember that time when we had a Democratic president and the stock markets grew at 12% per year for 8 years? Oh, and when unemployment was at 4.5%? And GDP was growing steadily at 2-3%?

Oh, remember that OTHER time when we had a Democratic president and the markets grew at 15% per year for 8 years and unemployment was 3.9% while GDP was growing 4 to 5%?

Yeah, I wouldn't want Democratic policies to run the country. Please, let's continue to have crap GDP, 10%+ unemployment and 9% market growth.

It seems to me there is a bit of a pattern here. I feel like Democrats gift Republicans great economies and they wind up turning to s***.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:22 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
...And all that idiot had to do was shut the country down for a month except for grocery stores when COVID hit and he would have been re-elected easy. A simple thing and he couldn't manage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Talk to governors and mayors.

Trump shut down China Jan 31....libs SCREAMED racism. So I guess they would have left it open, right?

So WTF do you people want from this Trump? Seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpastures23 View Post
That's what we did, lol

The shutdown was to not overload hospitals.
Trump supporters - you can't have it both ways. You can't say "talk to governors and mayors" while also saying "but Trump DID shut things down." Yes, I know, two different posters, but that's not the point. I see this all over CD.

Trump supporters saying that this national crisis is the responsibility of the governors and mayors. Right. You do realize that those lines on the map are arbitrary, right? Nothing is preventing people from one state going to another state and spreading the virus on Memorial Day (which is when things blew up in this country) because southern governors opened the beaches (for example) and people from more infected parts of the nation to less infected parts and spread this everywhere.

And then other Trump supporters want to lay claim to "but Trump did support the shutdown! He did do something!" Yet, they want to say he doesn't own the s*** economy we have. Nice try. He was quick to lay claim to Obama's economy when he took office. I'm sure Trump would love to say today's economy is Biden's...somehow.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:29 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
[quote=dspguy;58981317]Yup. Remember that time when we had a Democratic president and the stock markets grew at 12% per year for 8 years? Oh, and when unemployment was at 4.5%? And GDP was growing steadily at 2-3%?

If you are referring to Obama, there was only 1 year where real GDP exceeeded 2.3%, out of his 8 years in office. He had the weakest post recession recovery in history. He kept saying "this is the new normal...the best American can achieve".

Then, Trump came along and BOOM! Best unemployment results in history. Best employment for blacks ever, w/ rising wages...why didn't Obama do that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Econom...administration

*The China virus...anyone with an IQ of 100+ knows Trump didn't cause it, & Dem states local politicians failed at protecting their residents which is why 11 of the 14 deadliest stats in deaths per capita were BLUE states. Like NY stuffing C-19 infected patients into nursing homes, for instance.

The polls are liberal media propaganda, and if they repeat 2016, they will lose viewers, and find it mearly impossible to sell advertising.

To avoid that calamity again, they'll show Trump closing the gap continuously from now to Nov 3rd. It's already begun. You are being manipulated.

Old 08-24-2020, 07:58 AM
bu2

24,104 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Meh.
Elections are like baseball. There's often a late-season surprise, and there's always the wait until next time.

I've lived through many Presidencies good, bad and indifferent. Somehow, I've always managed to survive, and none of them have been as good or as bad as they could have been.

If he wins, Trump won't be around forever. If he loses, there will be someone after Joe. We voters will get over either win or loss soon enough after the election is over.
Democrats still haven't gotten over 2016.

Old 08-24-2020, 08:01 AM
bu2

24,104 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Yup. Remember that time when we had a Democratic president and the stock markets grew at 12% per year for 8 years? Oh, and when unemployment was at 4.5%? And GDP was growing steadily at 2-3%?

Oh, remember that OTHER time when we had a Democratic president and the markets grew at 15% per year for 8 years and unemployment was 3.9% while GDP was growing 4 to 5%?

Yeah, I wouldn't want Democratic policies to run the country. Please, let's continue to have crap GDP, 10%+ unemployment and 9% market growth.

It seems to me there is a bit of a pattern here. I feel like Democrats gift Republicans great economies and they wind up turning to s***.
Let's see. Jimmy Carter-8% unemployment AND 18% inflation at the same time. Hours long gas lines.
Obama-slowest recovery from a recession ever-declining average wages-first time EVER other than war or pandemic for average life expectancy to decline.

Clinton didn't do too bad, but he was a thief, took advantage of young interns and was probably a rapist as well.

Old 08-24-2020, 08:12 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Trump supporters - you can't have it both ways. You can't say "talk to governors and mayors" while also saying "but Trump DID shut things down." Yes, I know, two different posters, but that's not the point. I see this all over CD.

Trump supporters saying that this national crisis is the responsibility of the governors and mayors. Right. You do realize that those lines on the map are arbitrary, right? Nothing is preventing people from one state going to another state and spreading the virus on Memorial Day (which is when things blew up in this country) because southern governors opened the beaches (for example) and people from more infected parts of the nation to less infected parts and spread this everywhere.
Actually yes I can.

Governors and mayors can’t shut down the international borders.

So how is the mess in NYC caused by DeBlasio and Cuomo Trump’s doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies